Let's "Correct The Record"

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Here's a photo for all you redcafe folks who pushed out and shut down the people who voiced support for Donald Trump and his campaign platform. You wouldn't expect to find David Brock's "nerd virgins" trying in vain to control their precious narrative on a soccer website, but life is full of surprises. Here's one I bet you never expected.

America is a better place today. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Now let's build that wall.

Runner

Good luck with Trump Nation. Don't get too drunk during the celebrations and do something stupid like sleep with your sister. ;)

Carolina Red

Staff
Here's a photo for all you redcafe folks who pushed out and shut down the people who voiced support for Donald Trump and his campaign platform. You wouldn't expect to find David Brock's "nerd virgins" trying in vain to control their precious narrative on a soccer website, but life is full of surprises. Here's one I bet you never expected.

America is a better place today. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Now let's build that wall.
2/10 - Quoted a guy who would never have voted for Trump

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This must be Americano's predictable gloat thread.
Why would you gloat that you are proud to support an bigoted orange reality star with the impulse control of a stroppy toddler and zero political experience? A bit like gloating that you successfully managed to shoot yourself in the head while wearing a "I hate wetback rapists" t-shirt (except for the logical impossibility thing).

At least most people who voted for Thatcher kept quiet about it.

Scrumpet

There are no words
There should be no fear. We are protected and we will always be protected. We will be protected by the great men and women of our mod and admin team. And most importantly, we will be protected by God.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It's amazing/amusing/terrifyingly to me how proud some Americans are about being the laughing stock of the world. Particularly this idea that they're "great" again, despite the rest of the world thinking they're mental. How does greatness exist in a vacuum? Surely it's reliant on others agreeing with it?

I mean, Obama's Presidency made America more liked and respected globally than at any point in my lifetime (easily)... He's probably the most well respected, untainted, free world leader of the last 4 decades. He inherited an economic crisis and two wars from an unpopular President, and leaves with less troops abroad than any administration this century and unemployment on the upturn. If that isn't making America great again, I don't know what is...though granted he didn't have snazzy hats.

Yet apparently many Americans think the election of a megolamaniac racist reality star will return them to some even higher, halcyon level of imaginary "greatness" ...a weird intangible greatness that exists beyond the opinions of the rest of the world. Like the World Series, the right to personal assault rifles, or liquid cheese..

If I didn't think we might all die because of it, I'd find it hilarious...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is like voting an evil version of Noel Edmonds into power.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What record and why is it in quotation marks?
Good question. It obviously isn't a quote so that leaves us with what? Irony punctuation? If that is the case I'm not sure why ironically correcting some unknown record has anything to do with Trump being elected? Is the implication that American got something right (that Trump would get elected perhaps?) and thus the record doesn't need to be corrected, so he thinks that is ironic since no record (or statement/prediction to be more accurate) needed correcting?

Of course the most likely explanation is that Americano is as bad at correctly using inverted commas (and probably understanding irony) as he is at choosing who to vote for.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's amazing/amusing/terrifyingly to me how proud some Americans are about being the laughing stock of the world. Particularly this idea that they're "great" again, despite the rest of the world thinking they're mental. How does greatness exist in a vacuum? Surely it's reliant on others agreeing with it?

I mean, Obama's Presidency made America more liked and respected globally than at any point in my lifetime (easily)... He's probably the most well respected, untainted, free world leader of the last 4 decades. He inherited an economic crisis and two wars from an unpopular President, and leaves with less troops abroad than any administration this century and unemployment on the upturn. If that isn't making America great again, I don't know what is...though granted he didn't have snazzy hats.

Yet apparently many Americans think the election of a megolamaniac racist reality star will return them to some even higher, halcyon level of imaginary "greatness" ...a weird intangible greatness that exists beyond the opinions of the rest of the world. Like the World Series, the right to personal assault rifles, or liquid cheese..

:lol: very good.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Or let's keep record of Trump's feck-ups and broken promises in this thread.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If America is god's country and Trump is the chosen warrior of god, why did more people vote for Killary? Is god a proponent of the Electoral College?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The thing is these people who voted for Trump have felt like losers their whole lives.

They've cried about Obama for so long. Everything they've been told to expect for him hasn't happened. The general world stage appreciate him. Meanwhile their own lives have gone to shit. In a world where increasing education is needed and it's not enough to simply go down the mines anymore these people have been left behind. After thinking for years it was others who were lazy and stupid for not having jobs suddenly their heavily subsidised industries have shrunk and they're worried.

The single biggest indicator for a Trump voter wasn't class , or gender. It was ignorance. Imagine knowing that. Imagine knowing that the thing that unites you and your fellow voters is lack of knowledge.

Not only that but you don't have the majority you wanted. You won and that was amazing but you know deep down there is a hell of a lot more supporters of the other side. The turn out yesterday was pitiful. There are worldwide protests against your man. 3 million more people voted for the opposition.

So yeah they're losing again. Which is why they're so vocal about winning. Much like their god emporer it is more important to be seen as feeling good than actual feeling good. Most of their happiness is derived from "liberal tears".

It's hilarious and sad.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

He got into politics by calling Obama a Kenyan. Repeatedly. For many years.

Now he is your commander in chief

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Gawd, it's like bleedin' Trumpton in the Newbs General.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Must be nice not to know when you're being laughed at.

Member 5225

If America is god's country and Trump is the chosen warrior of god, why did more people vote for Killary? Is god a proponent of the Electoral College?
Ps
If a tennis match ends 6-1 6-1 6-7 6-7 6-7 - who wins?

Phil

Can we leave liquid cheese out of this?

(Otherwise definitely yes, agree)

Ady87

Brilliantly put, as per.

"Now let's build that wall" - this made me cringe uncontrollably.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's already one day in, and still no sign of him at a home depot. I'm starting to think this wall will never get built.

Carolina Red

Staff
Or let's keep record of Trump's feck-ups and broken promises in this thread.
This is a splendid idea.
Incoming biblical quote on wide and narrow paths or vague reference to "mysterious ways".
In a world where increasing education is needed and it's not enough to simply go down the mines anymore these people have been left behind. After thinking for years it was others who were lazy and stupid for not having jobs suddenly their heavily subsidised industries have shrunk and they're worried.
This was quite good. Definitely part of their "I want my country back" mantra is a "I want my HS diploma to mean a middle class salary".

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think Americano would be taken more seriously if he had the courage to actually defend his views in a proper debate rather than making one off posts then scampering away to observe the reactions.