LGBT issues in Football

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
so in your view changing the policies of a country is impossible?

With that attitude we'd still be living in places where women can't vote and segregation is still a thing.
Genuinely curious, how would you react to other countries trying to change Western policies? Such as banning alcohol here?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Because these random hypothetical countries can't really ban alcohol in yours.
Should Western countries stop persuading the Hungarians to not move forward with their anti LGBT laws? What is your point exactly here?

FreddieTheReddie

Should Western countries stop persuading the Hungarians to not move forward with their anti LGBT laws? What is your point exactly here?
It’s not like Western countries are against Hungarian people. They are against Hungarian government who discriminate against Hungarian minorities.

stw2022

It’s not like you see scantily clad straight people slobbering all over each other in public and on TV.

..oh wait

Cloud7

It's incredible what a massive own goal this entire scenario has been for Uefa. For the first time in many years they had a lot of goodwill following the super league debacle, and then they go and do this, and all of a sudden they come out of it looking worse than Perez and co did only a few months ago.

The thing is, it was probably more difficult for them to dig this hole than to just say "Of course we support LBGTQ+ and equal rights for all and are proud to have their colors displayed at our tournament", instead they just keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over again, then trying and failing to save face with some crap statements after the fact.

UDontMessWith24

Genuinely curious, how would you react to other countries trying to change Western policies? Such as banning alcohol here?
Your equivalency is a law removing someone’s freedom to choose and a law removing someone’s freedom to oppress.

Siorac

Erm, what? What is your point?

They shouldn't stop. The more PR embarassment for our government, the better

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Erm, what? What is your point?

They shouldn't stop. The more PR embarassment for our government, the better
What exactly is your point? All I did was asking another poster how he'd react if other countries wanted to influence Western domestic policy.

Kamprad

Then don’t take them? No one is forcing you take your kids to a pride march :lol: Although, in the same respect, I’m assuming Hungary has banned sexualised music videos in case kids see them?
No thank God no one is yet. But it’s just a matter of time. I don’t know about the music but I don’t think children should see sexulized music videos.

Gay people should be able to live with anyone they like without beeing harassed. But some part of the movement that comes along I can’t stand. It’s about love they say, not sex, but they sure love to sexualize everything. Including children. I don’t know about Russia and Hungary other laws or treatment of these people. I’m sure it’s not good. But this law in particular I cant disagree with.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
No thank God no one is yet. But it’s just a matter of time. I don’t know about the music but I don’t think children should see sexulized music videos.

Gay people should be able to live with anyone they like without beeing harassed. But the movement that comes along I can’t stand. It’s about love they say, not sex, but they sure love to sexualize everything. Including children. I don’t know about Russia and Hungary other laws or treatment of these people. I’m sure it’s not good. But this law in particular I cant disagree with.
Wait, how do they sexualize children? Got specific examples?

Siorac

What exactly is your point? All I did was asking another poster how he'd react if other countries wanted to influence Western domestic policy.
And my point is that they shouldn't care. Why is it a problem if other countries/people have opinions of your own?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I don’t know guys/gays. The problem I have with the LGBT movement is that it’s so sexulized. Maybe that’s part of why countries like Hungary and Russia don’t like “propaganda” towards children. Everyone should live with who they want and love who they want but why does the movement turn so sexual? I wouldn’t want my children looking at the pridetrain. At least not as it looks like here in Sweden.
I think that's because their sexuality has been explicitly targeted. When they then get to actually express it they take it up a level and more power to them.

It's a bit like when you have peoples forming independent nations and they now finally get to fly their own flag instead of their oppressors'.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
And my point is that they shouldn't care. Why is it a problem if other countries/people have opinions of your own?
Having an opinion is different than changing another country's policy which is what the poster that I quoted was talking about.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I don’t know guys/gays. The problem I have with the LGBT movement is that it’s so sexulized. Maybe that’s part of why countries like Hungary and Russia don’t like “propaganda” towards children. Everyone should live with who they want and love who they want but why does the movement turn so sexual? I wouldn’t want my children looking at the pridetrain. At least not as it looks like here in Sweden.
Then I guess Instagram (with their millions of straight "influencers" selling sex) is also banned in Hungary and Russia?

Or is sexualisation between the same sex the problem?

Dan_F

Gay people should be able to live with anyone they like without beeing harassed. But some part of the movement that comes along I can’t stand. It’s about love they say, not sex, but they sure love to sexualize everything. Including children. I don’t know about Russia and Hungary other laws or treatment of these people. I’m sure it’s not good. But this law in particular I cant disagree with.
Till someone forces you to take your kids to a pride parade?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What happened to ‘Free speech?’. Just because somebody doesn’t like the policy of another country does make it wrong. Only in their eyes . I don’t agree with Poland or the Arab countries but that is they way they want to run their country, who are we to get involved with it. How would we react if the Arab countries campaigned against us drinking alcohol? If you don’t like it, don’t go. If you live there and don’t like it, leave.
Drinking alcohol & advocating the death of homosexuals aren’t quite the same mate.

Siorac

Having an opinion is different than changing another country's policy which is what the poster that I quoted was talking about.
He reacted to someone who said if you don't like the laws of the place you live in, you should leave. And in that context, you should instead try to change those policies, I think.

stw2022

It’s odd how homophobes think about child sexualisation without prompt so often.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He reacted to someone who said if you don't like the laws of the place you live in, you should leave. And in that context, you should instead try to change those policies, I think.
It was more than that.
I don’t agree with Poland or the Arab countries but that is they way they want to run their country, who are we to get involved with it.

Maagge

Are you alright mate? All I did was asking another poster how he would react if other countries tried to change Western policies.
But do you honestly think alcohol policy and LGBTQ+ rights are equivalent?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
so you think western policy to pressure South Africa to end apartheid was wrong?
How in God's name do you come up with this post? I asked another poster how he would react if other countries try to change Western policies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
But do you honestly think alcohol policy and LGBTQ+ rights are equivalent?
The greater context here is other countries changing Western domestic policy. It's not about banning alcohol being less bad or less awful.

stw2022

How in God's name do you come up with this post? I asked another poster how he would react if other countries try to change Western policies.
so you don’t object to counties trying to influence policies of others?

Maagge

The greater context here is other countries changing Western domestic policy. It's not about banning alcohol being less bad or less awful.
One is about choice the other is about not being discriminated against for existing. Cool, that you think those are remotely worth comparing. That said, other countries are welcome to criticise Danish policies. In fact I'm hoping international pressure will get our government to change its refugee policies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
so you don’t object to counties trying to influence policies of others?
I hope all countries become more progressive and if we can influence them to do it, I think that'd be good.

But we have other powers in this world who may have agendas of their own. How would you react to China trying to influence our domestic policies?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
One is about choice the other is about not being discriminated against for existing. Cool, that you think those are remotely worth comparing. That said, other countries are welcome to criticise Danish policies. In fact I'm hoping international pressure will get our government to change its refugee policies.
I already said the greater context is others changing Western domestic policy. Or would you be fine with banning alcohol since it's less bad? What is your point here?

UDontMessWith24

Are you alright mate? All I did was asking another poster how he would react if other countries tried to change Western policies.
No, I was able read the post you deleted, which was originally much more than "So?". Now run along back to your cave because apparently you still don't understand the difference between being told what to drink and being told not to commit human rights violations.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
No, I was able read the post you deleted, which was originally much more than "So?". Now run along back to your cave because apparently you still don't understand the difference between being told what to drink and being told not to commit human rights violations.
Mate, this isn't about the ban of alcohol being less bad than suppressing LGBT rights. What point are you making here? The greater context is other countries influencing Western policy.

Let's say for the sake of hypothetical argument that others are right now persuading us to ban alcohol. Would you be fine with it? What exactly is your point?

I never claimed alcohol banning and suppressing LGBT rights are the same.

Maagge

I already said the greater context is others changing Western domestic policy. Or would you be fine with banning alcohol since it's less bad? What is your point here?
I think banning alcohol would be very silly and I also don't think anyone abroad is too concerned about other countries' alcohol policies since it's not actually a human rights issue.

stw2022

I hope all countries become more progressive and if we can influence them to do it, I think that'd be good.

But we have other powers in this world who may have agendas of their own. How would you react to China trying to influence our domestic policies?
So ‘South Africa wants to segregate based on colour that’s their choice, who are we to influence them. How would we feel if they tried to influence our laws’ would have been your view at the time?