Liga Portuguesa 20/21

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Thank you mate. Hopefully we draw each other and that we can get supporters in the stands.
Lets hope so, hopefully you'll get to keep your team together for a few years as you actually have a bit of potential with the age/ability you've got there. I mean with Barca/Real hitting the skids financially you may even be able to do it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I hope we can keep this group together and add some quality, 3 big signing need to be made and then some depth additions and MAYBE we can repeat.

All depends on how we deal with having a tighter schedule.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Well done, Sporting. Let's see if they can keep the rythm next season and double it. As always in our league, it will depend which players are leaving and how well the incoming transfers adapt or have the necessary skill to replace the ones who leave. Let's hope you guys have a good CL draw.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Thanks for the congratulations guys!

Still can't believe it's real... my first time at Marquês, what a party. Now let's hope we can do it again so we can celebrate one inside the stadium when things go back to normal.

chicha14

Sporting had a better turn out in London, than Manchester City did, in Manchester!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I read the police fired rubber bullets against the fans is that true?
Yes, it was scary for a while at the stadium for the beginning of the second half with all the police vans coming in. But I didn’t see exactly what happened, only heard people talking about it.

At Marquês right before the bus passed there were some shots too because people were trying to climb the fence

chicha14

S
Thanks for the congratulations guys!

Still can't believe it's real... my first time at Marquês, what a party. Now let's hope we can do it again so we can celebrate one inside the stadium when things go back to normal.
Photos or it didn't happen!;)

chicha14

Yes, it was scary for a while at the stadium for the beginning of the second half with all the police vans coming in. But I didn’t see exactly what happened, only heard people talking about it.

At Marquês right before the bus passed there were some shots too because people were trying to climb the fence
#Varandasout is trending! :houllier:

SportingCP96

Supports
I just wanna say....IF somehow the footballing gods put the footballing god Cristiano Ronaldo in Sporting next season (I don’t believe it one bit)

BUT IF IT DOES.

I will quite literally Randy Marsh all over my screen.

South Park fans know what I am talking about:lol::lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Since the USA door is closed (he cannot risk set foot in there), I think his return to Sporting is a real possibility, unless he gets an offer from another top club that will keep his huge salary intact.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I think it will happen, his mother will make sure it does. But only after his Juve contract is done so we’ll have to wait one more season at least which I actually believe it would be better.

But we can’t afford to lose our minds over it, these past few days showed this club is too big to win sporadic titles. We have a great base, it is time we become a financially healthy club while competing for trophies. I’m a huge CR7 fan but the numbers have to make sense for this to happen, for the rest of my life I don’t ever want to wait more than a decade to see us win the league. It could be a huge boost for the club at all levels but it must be done right.

In 20 years this season can be remembered as the start of a project that took us up a few levels as a club or it can be remembered as a fluke.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Congrats Sporting. 19 years is a long wait and so happy that you guys did it. Hope we draw you in CL next season.

Oh yes, thank you for Bruno :)

Charlie Foley

Well done Sporting! 19 years is a long wait. Hoping for a real 3 way title race (and fans) next season!

SportingCP96

Supports
We gave them the win.

Changed the days around, and the players didn’t seem to care.

Second half the big boys came in and once we started to try we looked like we would score and we did 2x and hit the post.

If not for dumb mistakes we win this easy. We are much better then this benfica team.

Either way

Champions baby!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Just looked at the league table and from 5th down, every team has minus goal difference :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Pedro “Pote” Gonçalves

23 goals as a midfielder and wins the golden boot after his first hattrick in the final game of the season!

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
Hopefully today is the start of a new era in Benfica. President Vieira was arrested. He is involved in the biggest bank scandal of portuguese history and tries to hide himself in the back of Benfica.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Just a shame this had to happen once Benfica do poorly inside of the pitch, it should have happened when they were winning consecutive titles.

Benfica fans had no problem re-electing him just one year ago because he promised to spend a bunch of millions on new players even though everyone knew he was a criminal. It took a terrible season for a lot of them to open their eyes.

Nothing will happen to him anyway though, this is Portugal

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
Just a shame this had to happen once Benfica do poorly inside of the pitch, it should have happened when they were winning consecutive titles.

Benfica fans had no problem re-electing him just one year ago because he promised to spend a bunch of millions on new players even though everyone knew he was a criminal. It took a terrible season for a lot of them to open their eyes.

Nothing will happen to him anyway though, this is Portugal
I'm still not entirely sure that if the elections were today, he would lose it, despite all the corruption he is involved.
The majority of fans that are associates(I'm not sure, but probably this is not the right word in english) of the club are stupid and are easily fooled by his hollow promises of being an european powerhouse(ahahah) and that the days of Vale e Azevedo are gone due to him.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
What? No way? I’m so shocked. This can’t be true can it?

Who would have ever thought, it’s almost like everyone and there mother didn’t know this already.

Charles Miller

Some of you know if Jorge Jesus could leave because of those events? I believe they are going to call him to the Brazil nt after 2022.

SportingCP96

Supports
If slb don’t make the CL they will implode, here is hoping it happens.