Ligue 1 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

That was a ridiculous sending off by Golovin against Lyon, i'm not sure i've ever quite seen something like that before. Deliberately took Fekir out straight from kickoff with the ref right there. He's looked poor the last few games i've seen him in now, albeit sometimes played out of position due to the injuries monaco has. I don't think he has the maturity to handle playing in a team that is in turmoil like this for a first season abroad, where there are a lot of even less experienced players and he's ended up expected to be one of the leaders week in week out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Monaco losing 0-2 at home to Guingamp who are actually below them.

Will Henry even make January?

HDRubens

Supports
PSG
Monaco losing 0-2 at home to Guingamp who are actually below them.

Will Henry even make January?
By the look of it he will last a few games, but really it isnt actually his fault.

To be fair the board management has been atrocious selling their best players on a regular basis and not replacing them accordingly, add to that having many injuries to their key remaining senior players didn' t help either.

The situation is really bad at Monaco from the top to the bottom of the club, begining with the club chairman Dmitri Rybolovlev who is said to be taking money from the club transfert dealings straight into his pocket.

Many see them going down this season it wont suprise me at all, having said that they still have enough quality to stay up if Henry turns it around.

The only question mark is will the players feel like it to play for the shirt or not as Henry pointed lately that most of them downed tools.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do these teams not take it seriously or is lower league French football really strong? Genuinely interested as there does seem more shocks and close matches than in FA cup and other major leagues (actually German cup has a few shocks from time to time).

I remember years back Calais getting to the final and nearly winning and there was some part timer who made a final v PSG recently.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Do these teams not take it seriously or is lower league French football really strong? Genuinely interested as there does seem more shocks and close matches than in FA cup and other major leagues (actually German cup has a few shocks from time to time).

I remember years back Calais getting to the final and nearly winning and there was some part timer who made a final v PSG recently.
Lower league French teams are solid and there are always a few surprises but I remember most top PL teams losing in cups to lower sides too it's not only France. Also whenever there's a 2 division difference the lower league team plays at home, this favours upsets unlike Italy where it's the opposite or Spain where it's over two legs.
There's a team called Noisy Le Grand?
It's a city in Paris area, the club is Noisy Le Grand FC.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Guinamp had three pens in a half against PSG, scored two and won 2:1 against PSG :D
Now they are out of the Cup, but it's only the smaller Cup.

TysonFury

PSG just lost 2-1. I watched the whole game and believe me when I say this, PSG were at home to bottom of the table in this cup quarter final and they looked terrible. First half, PSG barely did anything. Second half PSG came out and looked much better but once they went 1-0 up they started to play terrible again.

And Guingamp had three penalties, all definite pens checked by VAR.

All those Liverpool and city fans laughing at us drawing PSG

Last edited by a moderator:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Choupo-Moting is such an odd character amongst all the stars.

Also that midfield would get slaughtered in any other league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thuavin is such a whiny little scrote, never liked him even if he's in good form for Marseille.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Marseille down to 9th.

That is really poor with money they've invested over last 18 months.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This league is ruined and a joke because of PSG. 9-0? No top player should go their unless they want to retire it is to easy and they don’t get tested.

Schneckerl

Getting knocked out by Guingamp in the league cup really pissed them off. Never seen a team trying so hard while up by several goals.

Not saying it's wrong to run up the score in a league game, just an observation.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It is actually a pretty interesting league if PSG just did not exist in it.
I agree that’s what I meant to say that it’s a joke for top players to join psg because the gulf in quality is so wide they will not progress.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Monaco had Naldo sent off after just 7 minutes. 1-2 down at home to Strasbourg.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Good heavens. I am against any sort of intervention regarding the investment clubs have, and I do like PSG way before the Arabs invested there but something needs to be done in France, this even isn't good for PSG on the long run imo.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
If PSG wins the CL, what happens after that? I mean the Qataris would have played it through like a video game, there is no where else to go.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Good heavens. I am against any sort of intervention regarding the investment clubs have, and I do like PSG way before the Arabs invested there but something needs to be done in France, this even isn't good for PSG on the long run imo.
PSG is just good at beating weak teams, and wanted revenge after losing to Guinguamp 10 days ago.

Overall the interest in L1 is as high as ever meanwhile it never did really profit from its periods of highest competitiveness.

izec

If PSG wins the CL, what happens after that? I mean the Qataris would have played it through like a video game, there is no where else to go.
keep on winning the CL? I think the Super League will come one day anyway if you ask me, so that would be good for them

Status
Not open for further replies.