g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lindelöf is spending his international break in Gambia with Unicef to help underprivileged kids

Lyng

The swedish Fotbollskanalen had an article yesterday about Lindelöf. Apparently he is spending his international break in Gambia with his wife, working with Unicef to help underpriviliged children.

Here is a link to the article in swedish.
Article in Fotbollskanalen

Some quotes from the interview:

- I'm off for ten to twelve days and then I'm going to Gambia with Unicef. I'm going there on Sunday and will be there for a few days.
My wife and I are going on a field trip with Unicef. We are ambassadors and will go down and see how they work. We have been trying to make it happen for quite some time. We started working together just before covid and then the pandemic came and then we couldn't travel. Now that we missed the WC, I got the chance to get some time off and then we take the opportunity to do it.
- It will be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it and it will be interesting to see how people work there and what they can do to help.
You always want to help. I am in a position where I can do good things and raise different topics. Same for my wife. When we have the time, we want to do it. For me it is also important, since I have not been on a field trip, to go down and see where the money goes and how people work there to help.

He was also asked about the Ronaldo situation but refused to make any comments on that.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Very unprofessional of this lad to go on holidays when the club is in such turmoil. Too many of this current first team are concerned with frivolities like feeding children while they still can't put in a cross. Top players can be seen in training already, shaking hands with their teammates and working to improve conditions in the clubs facilities by pointing out current failures and lack of development.

white txt

Zed 101

Jeez first stopping that bag snatcher then this, the guy is certainly one of the good ones, props to him..... just wish he could play football better

Gordon S

Jeez first stopping that bag snatcher then this, the guy is certainly one of the good ones, props to him..... just wish he could play football better
We managed 8 whole posts before the inevitable bashing, i am impressed!

Demon Barber

It's good to wake up to some positive news for a change! I like the fact that he says that both he and his wife are in a position to help - so are all top footballers but they rarely do. I like this guy.

justsomebloke

The swedish Fotbollskanalen had an article yesterday about Lindelöf. Apparently he is spending his international break in Gambia with his wife, working with Unicef to help underpriviliged children.

Here is a link to the article in swedish.
Article in Fotbollskanalen

Some quotes from the interview:

- I'm off for ten to twelve days and then I'm going to Gambia with Unicef. I'm going there on Sunday and will be there for a few days.
My wife and I are going on a field trip with Unicef. We are ambassadors and will go down and see how they work. We have been trying to make it happen for quite some time. We started working together just before covid and then the pandemic came and then we couldn't travel. Now that we missed the WC, I got the chance to get some time off and then we take the opportunity to do it.
- It will be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it and it will be interesting to see how people work there and what they can do to help.
You always want to help. I am in a position where I can do good things and raise different topics. Same for my wife. When we have the time, we want to do it. For me it is also important, since I have not been on a field trip, to go down and see where the money goes and how people work there to help.

He was also asked about the Ronaldo situation but refused to make any comments on that.
Doing something useful and refusing to get drawn on something utterly pointless that gets 1 million times the attention. Good man.

zaafi

Very unprofessional of this lad to go on holidays when the club is in such turmoil. Too many of this current first team are concerned with frivolities like feeding children while they still can't put in a cross. Top players can be seen in training already, shaking hands with their teammates and working to improve conditions in the clubs facilities by pointing out current failures and lack of development.
I honestly can't tell if this post is satire or not. Disgusting if this is actually your opinion.

Puskas_007

I've not been on here for ages and came back on wondering what the atmosphere would be like given the current headlines around 'that interview', so thanks Lindelof for being a good human and showing the club in a good light!

Reactions: Cheimoon

He has always come across as intelligent for a footballer. Maybe he can take the nicest guy in football mantle now Mata has left.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not his biggest fan, far from it - but I wish him well.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
This selective benevolence is just typical of Swedish arrogance. Where was he when the Chilean miners were buried in the ground? What about when they developed the tech for the stealth bomber or when Charles XII invaded Russia in 1708? Hypocritical and racist, typical of the Swedes.

Either that or he's a really good bloke, which he does seem to be.

Elpidios

What a great role model! Happy that he is representing the club.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Seemed to be a nice guy(there was that theft story as well).

Wish him well.

lsd

The Oracle
If Maguire cared about England's chances shouldn't he be doing the same thing?

Boondog

:lol:

Boondog

He's been a joy to watch this season, really have enjoyed the way he's insulated us against the Varane injury with his all around game. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the second half as well.

Also he is a better human being than I am. Which is a low bar admittedly, as I would end up spending all my time in the bars in whatever region I might visit. But great to see fellow humans of this quality out there making a difference in this dark and dismal world.