Lingard, Mata and Pereira

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
if I want to criticize Ole for something it's definitely limiting Mata's contribution this season. I still think he's a fine player that can thread a ball, or score from 20m out

flappyjay

if I want to criticize Ole for something it's definitely limiting Mata's contribution this season. I still think he's a fine player that can thread a ball, or score from 20m out
I think he has atleast realised Matas impact against park the bus teams. I hope he starts on Sunday.

Teja

I think he has atleast realised Matas impact against park the bus teams. I hope he starts on Sunday.
More of a super sub for me at this point. He doesn't seem to do well when he starts and defenders are fresh / pressing aggressively. When there's a little bit more space, he thrives.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Perreira in a position of responsibility in CM.... shoot me now

luke511

When the conditions are perfect Mata has a good game in him, Mata's weaknesses are more to blame for that in my opinion. I don't think he had one good game for us this season before January.

Kag

Perreira in a position of responsibility in CM.... shoot me now
People wonder why we’re fighting for top four. The reality is that we’re one injury away from playing Pereira in central midfield or Lingard at #10; two players that wouldn’t particularly stand out in the Championship.

Mata is a good squad player. But the other two are largely shite and we need significantly better options, even from a rotation point of view.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Probably beating a dead horse at this point. But if Lingard does not somehow find form in the last third of the season, he's leaving the club this summer.

paulscholes18

No wonder why we keep being linked with Grealish, Sancho and Maddison with these 3 stinking the place out

SmallCaine

Two criticisms of Ole:

A) he should rotate more
B) why does he play Perreira, Lingard or Jones.
There are players not named periera or lingard. Every game periera plays in mf, he is crap. Every game lingard plays he is crap. Why can't garner, Levitt, chong or gomes replace these 2, they can't be worse than these 2.

Adamsk7

Lingard and Pereira HAVE to leave in the summer, they are good pros but not good enough for Man Utd. Luckily I think Ole knows it.

Mata, he’s at least got quality in his boots. In a well functioning team, he’d be a decent sub. Unfortunately he’s not playing in a well functioning team.

hobbers

Two criticisms of Ole:

A) he should rotate more
B) why does he play Perreira, Lingard or Jones.
Who has ever said that?

Protecting players carrying injuries, like Pogba McTominay and Rashford, has nothing to do with rotation. It's leaving players out who are injured. Or in other words, not playing injured players in the league fecking cup.

Beyond protecting players with injuries, a lot of rotation is a hallmark of a shit manager who doesn't know what he's doing.

bonothom

Lingard and Pereira HAVE to leave in the summer, they are good pros but not good enough for Man Utd. Luckily I think Ole knows it.
What makes you think that? He gave Pereira a new contract last summer and continually plays him this season. If he didn't rate him he would be playing Garner instead despite the inexperience.

Member 90887

How did lingard become so useless, it's crazy.

He has to leave this summer. There's no point to him.

Adamsk7

What makes you think that? He gave Pereira a new contract last summer and continually plays him this season. If he didn't rate him he would be playing Garner instead despite the inexperience.
He hasn’t got much choice currently with McT and Pogba out. When they are back and with the addition of Bruno, he will only be playing less important games. Europa has meant we’ve had a real fixture pile up this whole season so that’s why he (and Jesse) are playing.

We can’t rely on Garner, Gomes etc. We’ve put too much pressure on the likes of Williams, Wan Bissaka, James and Greenwood as it is!

AaronRedDevil

Mata is always ok. Hes reliable sometimes and can play a good pass. The other 2. Yeah they can feck off

The Red Thinker

Feck off Lingard. Any United player willingly joining that shithouse Raiola when all that bastard has done is cause embarrassment for this club, deserves to deck off. Lingard is done at this club. Can’t stand the sight of him.

tjb

This is our depth and people then people have audacity to complain about us signing Ighalo. Part of building this team will be about getting cheap functional players to replace some of the rubbish we have in reserve.

mewnew11

Mata, he’s at least got quality in his boots. In a well functioning team, he’d be a decent sub. Unfortunately he’s not playing in a well functioning team.
How many times has Mata changed a game coming of the bench? This myth that Mata is quality has to die. He is long past it and we need quick attackers to replace him Andreas and lingard in the squad

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mata looked better once Bruno came on and that's about the most positive thing I can say about any of the three.

Suvvernmanc

With the best possible 10 outfield players.. put Mata in that team if someone gets a knock and I'm happy.

Andreas and Lingard are the worst 2 players we have in the squad by a mile. We could literally bring in mark Noble and John jo Shelvey and it would improve on them 2!.

stevoc

Just curious how long have you been supporting united we have had a few worst I can assure you

because he’s far from that I can assure
He's not the worst player we've ever had but he's probably the worst who has played 100-200+ games though.

I've been watching for nearly 30 years.

MadMike

Mata did alright, as soon as better players (Bruno & Fred) came on he started linking well.
Pereira was poor again. Couple of good shots but some very poor passes.
Lingard was diabolical. Felt like he lost the ball every time it was given to him.

I think we can tolerate on of the 3 in the line up, but all 3 is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Theo88

There are players not named periera or lingard. Every game periera plays in mf, he is crap. Every game lingard plays he is crap. Why can't garner, Levitt, chong or gomes replace these 2, they can't be worse than these 2.
Looks like they really are. What has any of the names you're quoting done for this club other than playing against teenagers. Really

Xaviboy

Hope both Perreria and Lingard are sold. So shite to watch. Shows you how far they are behind when you see what Bruno done when he came on. Both Shouldn't be playing for a club like utd. They wouldnt get there game at any other club above us at the moment. When I seen the starting 11 and with them both in it I knew straight away what was coming. Brutal. Last 10 mins was exciting seeing Fred and Bruno in midfield. Bit of urgency and creativity from midfield. Hope dont see they near that starting 11 again. You can see why every other manager we had previuosly didn't want Perreria on the pitch or starting games.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Mata is not a problem. Even putting him in a same sentence with Lingard and Pereira is a bit ridiculous. Wouldn't trust them to change a light bulb.