Lingard promotes clothing brand whilst paying respects to Manchester bombing victims

Aloysius's Back 3

Anything?

Is it hard to post a tribute to something without having your brand name attached to it?

You keep go around defending him though. I could understand defending Martial he has some sort of talent. But for some one to constantly defend Lingard when he’s been crap for six month is another level. Are you relatives? I just don’t see anything football ability wise that he warrants to be at the club. We should be getting rid of the man babies who think they made it when they achieved shit.
And this is why the fans jump on nothing but his signature at the end of a letter - because of his performances on the pitch.

It would be all good if this was Zlatan to Alot of these fans saying whatever the hell he wants because ultimately he performs on the pitch.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ronaldo should have slapped his head when They trained.
Maybe a little bit of Ronaldo's talent would have transferred that way.

Loublaze

ATLien
Anything?

Is it hard to post a tribute to something without having your brand name attached to it?

You keep go around defending him though. I could understand defending Martial he has some sort of talent. But for some one to constantly defend Lingard when he’s been crap for six month is another level. Are you relatives? I just don’t see anything football ability wise that he warrants to be at the club. We should be getting rid of the man babies who think they made it when they achieved shit.
It wasn't even on his personal social media accounts but do you realize other footballers and celebrities at large have posted similar messages of condolences/tributes or made donations to charity under their brand name logos?

It wasn't even on his personal social media accounts but do you realize other footballers and celebrities at large have posted similar messages of condolences/tributes or made donations to charity under their brand name logos?
#whataboutism at it’s finest.

It’s been taken down now so at least Jesse or someone in his marketing company realised it was in poor taste even if Lou doesn’t. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that the player himself wasn’t best pleased with it.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The least he can do is don’t give bad influence to McT, Dean, Axel, Gomes, Garner, Greenwood, Laird and etc.

Perform like top players first (Rio, Ronaldo & Beckham), then you can start do your brand. You won’t see players like Brown, O’shea, Fletcher do these type of stuffs.

Loublaze

ATLien
#whataboutism at it’s finest.

It’s been taken down now so at least Jesse or someone in his marketing company realised it was in poor taste even if Lou doesn’t. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that the player himself wasn’t best pleased with it.
My point still stands, other celebrities and footballers have done the same before without a fuss

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I have no problems with any player, no matter their ability, trying to make something of themselves on the side, especially as football can be gone tomorrow for all they know, all it takes is one bad injury. So they have some exposure, they are using it to set themselves up for after football.

This whole, x and y ex-player wouldn't have done that, well guess what? Things change in football. Players don't go to pubs after every game getting black out drunk and smoking cigarettes left and right. Things change, deal with it folks. :cool:

sr_utd

I was just thinking about the caf's transformation of sentiment towards lingard over the years. It's funny because he was meant to be the late bloomer (prophesied by Sir Alex himself) who, at 23-24 was ready to crack into our first team. Having proved the doubters wrong (most of us considered Januzaj to be a far superior talent at the time), Lingard was able to score crucial goals for us in big matches and there seemed potential for a lot more to come.

But age has started catching up with him and now touching 27, his shenanigans no longer just seem like banter or something that you could attribute to a youthful zeal. His form (or lack of) and the club's current state are obviously a large reason for the negativity, but Lingard is doing himself no favors. Even if we consider this particular post to be a gaffe by his PR team, his general behavior makes it difficult to give him any benefit of the doubt. I read a few posts on here calling him "manchild" and though a bit harsh, it's relevant! With actual youngsters like Greenwood, Gomes, Chong making inroads into the first team, you are not really excited by the idea of JLingz being their leader and role model, which is what he should be aspiring for.

Having said all that, I am not sure whether his brand marketing efforts and general behavior appeal to a younger target audience which is not part of the caf, so we tend to hear and have a biased perspective. It is difficult to fathom though, promoting your brand, when your performances on the pitch have been shit, surely that's counterproductive?

Here's hoping for a much better 2019/20 season from him. #LinGod (I still want our youth products to do well!)

P.S.
It's been ages since I posted here, but have been an ardent reader for many years (ya, there are many of us out there!)

Reactions: Invictus

Needham

I was just thinking about the caf's transformation of sentiment towards lingard over the years. It's funny because he was meant to be the late bloomer (prophesied by Sir Alex himself) who, at 23-24 was ready to crack into our first team. Having proved the doubters wrong (most of us considered Januzaj to be a far superior talent at the time), Lingard was able to score crucial goals for us in big matches and there seemed potential for a lot more to come.

But age has started catching up with him and now touching 27, his shenanigans no longer just seem like banter or something that you could attribute to a youthful zeal. His form (or lack of) and the club's current state are obviously a large reason for the negativity, but Lingard is doing himself no favors. Even if we consider this particular post to be a gaffe by his PR team, his general behavior makes it difficult to give him any benefit of the doubt. I read a few posts on here calling him "manchild" and though a bit harsh, it's relevant! With actual youngsters like Greenwood, Gomes, Chong making inroads into the first team, you are not really excited by the idea of JLingz being their leader and role model, which is what he should be aspiring for.

Having said all that, I am not sure whether his brand marketing efforts and general behavior appeal to a younger target audience which is not part of the caf, so we tend to hear and have a biased perspective. It is difficult to fathom though, promoting your brand, when your performances on the pitch have been shit, surely that's counterproductive?

Here's hoping for a much better 2019/20 season from him. #LinGod (I still want our youth products to do well!)

P.S.
It's been ages since I posted here, but have been an ardent reader for many years (ya, there are many of us out there!)
Your kind sentiments and ardency have touched us all. But it's your level headedness that concerns me. I don't think that after all you will do very well here. Please leave.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It’s actually much more disgusting to attack Lingard for this because you don’t like him at football than what he posted. His “logo” at the end there is basically a signature saying it impacted him. He does loads around Manchester, stop being dickheads guys.

P.S.
Bravo my man.

Because people were up in arms?
It hasn’t created that much fuss at all, not when you consider absolutely everything on social media has it’s fair share of negative responses these days.

It was a marketing add, shared on a brands page, it’s in poor taste to use such a tragedy to get some social media traction. I don’t think Lingard is directly to blame though and there’s a chance asked himself for it to be removed. He’s a manchild though, fecker needs to grow up and start being a good influence on the new generation.

CM

Anything?

What has talent got to do with whether a social media post is in poor taste or not? What a strange thing to say.

Loublaze

ATLien
It hasn’t created that much fuss at all, not when you consider absolutely everything on social media has it’s fair share of negative responses these days.

It was a marketing add, shared on a brands page, it’s in poor taste to use such a tragedy to get some social media traction. I don’t think Lingard is directly to blame though and there’s a chance asked himself for it to be removed. He’s a manchild though, fecker needs to grow up and start being a good influence on the new generation.
You mean like this?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/jesse-lingard-manchester-united-news-12253504

Harley Watson, eight, from Heywood, was gutted after Lingard switched squad numbers from 35 to 14... just days after the schoolboy received a new away shirt with his hero’s name on it.

His dad Chad tried to switch the £65 Adidas shirt but was told by shop staff that they unfortunately could not exchange or refund the item.

The family posted a picture online of Harley wearing the now-redundant shirt on Twitter and asked Lingard if there was anything he could do.

To their delight, a representative of the United star responded and promised that a brand new shirt would be delivered.

But the family were bowled over when there was a knock on the door on Saturday afternoon... and it was Lingard himself.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1101139/Man-Utd-Marcus-Rashford-Jesse-Lingard-Wolves-FA-Cup

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What has talent got to do with whether a social media post is in poor taste or not? What a strange thing to say.
That post is way more crass than anything Lingard has done. “I will only be mad at someone if they’re not talented”. Our support is a state.

Sterling Archer

It’s actually much more disgusting to attack Lingard for this because you don’t like him at football than what he posted. His “logo” at the end there is basically a signature saying it impacted him. He does loads around Manchester, stop being dickheads guys.
English tabloids have treated better men much worse for less. No surprise with the animosity

Bojan11

Read Lous post in the Lingard thread and you’d see what I’m on about. After every game he’s constantly in there defending him for some odd reason even when he’s been shocking for 6 months straight. I could understand defending someone with talent. But defending Lingard always is a strange one for me.

crossy1686

career ending
Just watched this video and prepared to dislike him even more but he came across alright. It's the launch day of his clothing line, Rahsford makes an appearance also.

Loublaze

ATLien
Read Lous post in the Lingard thread and you’d see what I’m on about. After every game he’s constantly in there defending him for some odd reason even when he’s been shocking for 6 months straight. I could understand defending someone with talent. But defending Lingard always is a strange one for me.
After every game? I made a flurry of posts there on the 11th and 12th of this month after being tagged left right and center over defending him

Bojan11

After every game? I made a flurry of posts there on the 11th and 12th of this month after being tagged left right and center over defending him
Nobody tagged you originally. You decided to enter the thread again because somebody found one of his boxing videos cringeworthy. Maybe he should work on his football first. Then you got all defensive for some odd reason.

Rista

It's clearly classless and in poor taste. There is a musician on Youtube who does covers and always has an outro video where he promotes his channel and place where you can buy his music. When he covers a recently passed artist to pay tribute, there is no outro. It's called respect. Jlingz or anyone else should know better.

Loublaze

ATLien
Nobody tagged you originally. You decided to enter the thread again because somebody found one of his boxing videos cringeworthy. Maybe he should work on his football first. Then you got all defensive for some odd reason.
I defended him because the criticism was OTT and didn't even have anything to do with his performance in a thread dedicated to them. How is that odd?

Snafu17

Isn't this the Jlingz brand promoting the Jlingz brand on a instagram account designed to promote the Jlingz brand. It is dumb but I doubt Lingard runs that himself.

Bojan11

I defended him because the criticism was OTT and didn't even have anything to do with his performance in a thread dedicated to them. How is that odd?
Read your posts in that thread and then you will wonder why you were getting tagged left and right after your original post. Then you’d find what’s odd when somebody is going out their way to defend average players. Just don’t get how people can sit on here defend a group of players that led us to 6th again.

Isn't this the Jlingz brand promoting the Jlingz brand on a instagram account designed to promote the Jlingz brand. It is dumb but I doubt Lingard runs that himself.
Like Rooney said these players are responsible for their brands. Whatever they put out there impacts their image.

WensleyMU

Going to buck the hate train here and state that Jesse is a good lad. He's had some great moments in a United shirt for someone who's terrible according to some.

Maybe he needs to mature and become miserable like the cafe, who knows?

This though is pretty minor isn't it? I know this is the era of outrage but I doubt Lingard had much to do with it, though even if he did, I doubt it was in bad taste.

Also, he's 27. More successful that most of us and likes to kid around... He's 27... Feck, have you been to a rave or half of the festival's lately guys? Average age is low to mid 30s. 27 isn't old at all, I wish I was 27 again FFS. Relax old timers, quit shaking that fist and the sun and telling tales of your involvement in world war 1...

dogwithabone

As Keane rightly said, do all this when you retire. It just winds the fans up when they see sh*t performances on a Saturday.

Hawks2008

Imagine the uproar from the media if it was Pogba or Martial.

But I suppose it's okay since young prospect local lad Lingard does it.