Lingard promotes clothing brand whilst paying respects to Manchester bombing victims

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well some of them are outstanding players who achieved a lot. Lingard and Martial are also rans. No one really gives a shit about a damn logo if you perform on the pitch. Those two are wasters.
Fair enough if that's your opinion, but should that prevent them from trying their luck? There are very average players throughout a multitude of sports who have managed to make a killing off-the-field with these types of ventures. Again, a career can be over any moment, so if you use your limited time of exposure to make something on the side, more power to you; hopefully it doesn't detract from keeping you in the limelight of the sport that's brought it to you in the first place.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think it's in poor taste. And I continue to be absolutely baffled that such a nothing player like Lingard would launch any sort of fashion range. Who is buying this shit?

The real issue here of course is that he's a woefully average player coming off an absolutely pathetic season. People have lost all patience with him because in 2019 especially he's been a waste of space.

I'd love us to sell him this Summer but I can't see it happening.

People have tattoos of lingards logo so some do for sure.

Marcelinho87

Exactly. I'm not even trying to protect the guy but I just find that this is surprisingly low of the fans to get to hurt by something so little.

Just forget the whole good thing he maybe talking about in that post & then cry about nothing more than what is technically just a signature at the end of his letter :rolleyes: so many footballers have one & I know that whilst I don't even use social media.
Have people really forgotten Beckham that much? He was social media before Facebook even started
The point is being missed.. massively.

There is a time and place to promote your shit brand and it is not on memorial posts. This is rightfully getting slammed as did Phil Jones sticking his shit all over the Munich one he posted.

Time and place.

Marcelinho87

I have no problems with any player, no matter their ability, trying to make something of themselves on the side, especially as football can be gone tomorrow for all they know, all it takes is one bad injury. So they have some exposure, they are using it to set themselves up for after football.

This whole, x and y ex-player wouldn't have done that, well guess what? Things change in football. Players don't go to pubs after every game getting black out drunk and smoking cigarettes left and right. Things change, deal with it folks. :cool:
Thing is these days they don't need a side venture to set them up for after football such is the amount of money they get paid. If he was to suffer an injury of that magnitude he would also be paid out contractually.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fair enough if that's your opinion, but should that prevent them from trying their luck? There are very average players throughout a multitude of sports who have managed to make a killing off-the-field with these types of ventures. Again, a career can be over any moment, so if you use your limited time of exposure to make something on the side, more power to you; hopefully it doesn't detract from keeping you in the limelight of the sport that's brought it to you in the first place.
No they can do whatever the feck they want outside of football. Problem is, when your team is not winning, millions of fans will expect them to concentrate on their primary source of income which is of course football. Rightly or wrongly, that’s what irritated fans notice. I don’t think it’s surprising that fans are pissed.

It just comes off as he’d rather concentrate of being a fashion icon or whatever, than a player who is willing to leave his all on the training pitch, never mind Old Trafford, to get us back to the top.

SirAF

Ageist
I suppose you could view it as some sort of signature - even so it is a pretty daft. At least the other players with such a logo are premium players.

Coxy

The point is being missed.. massively.

There is a time and place to promote your shit brand and it is not on memorial posts. This is rightfully getting slammed as did Phil Jones sticking his shit all over the Munich one he posted.

Time and place.
Exactly this.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't think other players from abroad can afford to do this or be in spotlight as much as Lingard for Manchester United (not necessarily about this particular event, more about his clothing and branding in general).
He's a local lad and despite being an average player, He plays regularly for us. He's making use of the situation to increase his fame/wealth.
Can't blame him but He should try to learn from Cleverley. I doubt He's even made himself irreplaceable at the club.
Ole, do the right thing and sign more quality up front!

Had Park Ji Sung done this, everyone would've gone mental and I dare to say Park was a better player than Lingard. Difference is, everyone back then knew They weren't safe - ex academy players or not. That's how the club should be run.

How many teams would take Lingard? Would Barca/Madrid take him? hell, would Napoli take him?

Last edited:

Oyibo

Rubbish, in my opinion, he isnt trying to exploit anything. Just happens to be his signature on things like this.

recall the time of the atrocity, he was genuinly moved by it all.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
You mean like this?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/jesse-lingard-manchester-united-news-12253504

Harley Watson, eight, from Heywood, was gutted after Lingard switched squad numbers from 35 to 14... just days after the schoolboy received a new away shirt with his hero’s name on it.

His dad Chad tried to switch the £65 Adidas shirt but was told by shop staff that they unfortunately could not exchange or refund the item.

The family posted a picture online of Harley wearing the now-redundant shirt on Twitter and asked Lingard if there was anything he could do.

To their delight, a representative of the United star responded and promised that a brand new shirt would be delivered.

But the family were bowled over when there was a knock on the door on Saturday afternoon... and it was Lingard himself.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1101139/Man-Utd-Marcus-Rashford-Jesse-Lingard-Wolves-FA-Cup
I can't stand the irritating little fecker but he deserves credit for this, I don't think hes a bad guy, just a bit of a weapon and a waste of a squad place that could go to a better player.

Bojan11

Nearly 100 messages on this, I honestly don't see any problem at all, in any way whatsoever, with what he has done.
So why did he delete it?

He gets abuse on nearly every other post not that it’s right yet never deletes them.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m willing to bet anyone who was actually directly affected by the bombing has a lot more on their plate than taking offence at exactly how a Manchester United footballer signed off his message of condolence on social media. Even after it’s been hugely blown up by a shit load of randomers from all over the world, determined to take offence on their behalf.

Lingard’s had a bad season (like many of our players) but seems like a good lad, who does more than most to engage with local fans. Adding the logo to the message was a terrible decision (although it’s a decision that may well have been made by someone else acting on his behalf) but the degree of outrage about it is ridiculous and wouldn’t happen if he wasn’t such a scapegoat to begin with.

Last edited:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Can't wait to ship this virus out of the team. He is not a young player anymore, with the recent departures and if Mata doesn't extend he will be one of our senior players and should be setting an example.

Castia

He's a top guy off the field, the hate is getting to new heights on this forum.

Bojan11

I don't know, why did he delete it?

btw, I literally could not give a flying feck whether he posts it or deletes it. It is of zero consequence to anything at all.
So you say you ain’t got a problem with it yet Lingard deleted it. So there must be a problem somewhere right? You can pay tributes without putting logos or promotional stuff.

My main point is the hypocrisy of the reaction when another player in our team got from the media especially Neville and fans when he posted something after a underachieving manager got sacked.

The same one who was getting abuse whilst Lingard and Rashford were getting clapped. Yet apparently Lingard is the one getting unfair slack.

Will Singh

fecking clown, there's a time and a place for everything. I'm not a hater, I admire anyone who goes out there and grinds. He launched he's brand when we played Liverpool and used the publicity for he's gains and now this. He's an average player but acting like he's Ronaldo.

Celoti23-81

Exactly. I'm not even trying to protect the guy but I just find that this is surprisingly low of the fans to get to hurt by something so little.

Just forget the whole good thing he maybe talking about in that post & then cry about nothing more than what is technically just a signature at the end of his letter :rolleyes: so many footballers have one & I know that whilst I don't even use social media.
Have people really forgotten Beckham that much? He was social media before Facebook even started
Beckham was world class, and had come 2nd in the Ballon do'r one season. Plus single handedly ripped Greece a new one.
Lingard needs to concentrate on his football, and not use the Manchester One Love thing to promote his brand!

El-Manos

I can’t ever imagine someone waking up in the morning and thinking “I really wanna buy something from Jessie lingard’s new brand”.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Thing is these days they don't need a side venture to set them up for after football such is the amount of money they get paid. If he was to suffer an injury of that magnitude he would also be paid out contractually.
You'd be amazed the number of athletes who have managed to become broke despite being paid obscene amounts of money.

No they can do whatever the feck they want outside of football. Problem is, when your team is not winning, millions of fans will expect them to concentrate on their primary source of income which is of course football. Rightly or wrongly, that’s what irritated fans notice. I don’t think it’s surprising that fans are pissed.

It just comes off as he’d rather concentrate of being a fashion icon or whatever, than a player who is willing to leave his all on the training pitch, never mind Old Trafford, to get us back to the top.
But I think that's silly to assume it means he'd rather be a fashion icon. He's a professional footballer, despite his demeanor and body language (which all fans, as we know, are experts on), he's gotta be a seriously hard-worker behind the scenes that we almost never see. I think he's a limited player, and I'm honestly not too invested in him as a player personally, but I think it's crazy to assume a player should be focused on football 24/7, no matter how the team is performing. There is something healthy in a bit of balance in your interests, and I don't think forming a brand or any other venture should be restricted to those who have 'earned it'.

Strats

fecking clown, there's a time and a place for everything. I'm not a hater, I admire anyone who goes out there and grinds. He launched he's brand when we played Liverpool and used the publicity for he's gains and now this. He's an average player but acting like he's Ronaldo.
He also promoted his brand during the World Cup and on the day we faced City, offering 20% off his shite.

He also seems to try to reach out to children which is suited given his mental age. Rashford needs to stay away from him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I knew the moment he launched that West Ham bus vid that he's an absolute brat kid.

Grib

This threads a disaster

What's worse a mistake from your PR team

or

random internet personalities using this mistake to hate on a player they don't like, under the guise that they are offended at him disrespecting the victims when really it's just an excuse to have a go

Who's actually disrespecting victims here, I mean there's actually people saying, if it was good/better player they wouldn't really care and the like, the fecking irony

State of this place, seriously

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This threads a disaster

What's worse a mistake from your PR team

or

random internet personalities using this mistake to hate on a player they don't like, under the guise that they are offended at him disrespecting the victims when really it's just an excuse to have a go

Who's actually disrespecting victims here, I mean there's actually people saying, if it was good/better player they wouldn't really care and the like, the fecking irony

State of this place, seriously
It's more that a lot of us are astounded at the lengths he'd go to to represent his own brand.

He is responsible for managing his PR team, its his page so he's ultimately responsible.