Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Messi was bad against Real Madrid. Nothing new to be honest, the last time he had a good game against Real Madrid was half a decade ago :D. There are at least (I'm being generous here) three better/more important players than him in PSG (Verrati, Mbape and Marquinhos).He can still produce moments of magic from time to time, but PSG wouldn't miss a beat if he was to miss the rest of the season.
He wasn’t bad against Madrid at all, outside of the missed penalty he was pretty solid and comfortably created the most chances for the team. If not for some poor finishing he should’ve had at least 2 assist.

His performances against Madrid in recent years have just been OK, but he was good against you the other week.

Rojow

The Best was born in 2016. Ronaldo has won it three times and Messi one. 3 > 1.

FIFA and L'Equipe gave the Ballon d'Or between 2010 and 2015. He has 5. And Ronaldo has 3 of those.

6> 5

Bu whatever. You can believe what you want.

Bobski

Jesus, what a pathetic last few pages, god knows what the rest will be like.

Imagining 10 years in the future when Messi and Ronaldo turn up for celeb games and these clowns try to use their performances in those for fuel for goat debates.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is his Ligue 1 form really that bad now.

Isn't it 9 assists and 2 goals in 15 games plus 5 goals in 6 CL games.
For a poor season he's now on 16 goal contributions in 21 games.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Is his Ligue 1 form really that bad now.

Isn't it 9 assists and 2 goals in 15 games plus 5 goals in 6 CL games.
For a poor season he's now on 16 goal contributions in 21 games.
It is the number of goals in Ligue 1 (only 2) that affects people's perception as people are so much used to him scoring a lot. Hitting the post 8-9 times obviously did not help.
I would say he is doing well as a creative attacker but below usual Messi standards.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It is the number of goals in Ligue 1 (only 2) that affects people's perception as people are so much used to him scoring a lot. Hitting the post 8-9 times obviously did not help.
I would say he is doing well as a creative attacker but below usual Messi standards.
Thats fair, I know he had a ton of post/crossbars but I haven't seen too much of his all round play.

padr81

Supports
Man City
People will also remember that Ronaldo has 3 The Best trophies, while Messi only has 1, so the result is 3 > 1

PSG won the France Cup every year without Messi, and now with Messi PSG couldn't even get past the round of 16. That means Messi turned PSG into a worse team, this is the truth as much as it hurts you, it's a 100% fact. Now you can accept this fact like a man or you can throw a tantrum about it, you can keep saying excuses but at the end of the day nothing is going to change. You can't change a fact.
I just wanna say, these are easily the dumbest posts in the history of the Caf (along with your other posts in here) given once upon a time GlastonSpur posted here so that takes some doing.

antk

Even when he passes to Di Maria offside, Mbappé scores. Blessed.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
2 assist for Messi so far tonight, both great :

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Now, that second half assist was an amazing one.. As expected, he is improving with each game.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Messi is getting more and more comfortable and finding his place. He’s not the #1 anymore, but he can be a hell of a #2 to Mbappé. 2 assists for him and Mbappé gets 2 goals out of and dishes an assist of his own. All the assists are excellent from all involved.

Rojow

But wait.. he can't be playing good if he doesn't score. It's not possible because only goals matter.

FK201617

It is always obvious that Messi is a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo if you actually watch football.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Messi still looks good when he doesn't score, he isn't best PSG player but still looks good as playmaker.

People getting mad at Messi for not dribbling 5 players are scoring a screamer are ridiculous.

Bole Top

currently in second place on assists table, with one assist less than the first placed.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Played really well today. Now that he's gotten used to his teammates he's getting better. 17 goal contributions in 20 games. Not bad for a finished player.

Pochettino looks depressed

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Declined as a goalscorer, still a great playmaker though.

lawliet354

Have better chemistry with Mbappe than with Neymar. Wonder what would happen if Barca got Mbappe instead of Dembele years ago, funny how football works

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Poch is an idiot. He should have played Messi tonight. 3-2 down on aggregate and he didn’t even bring him on. Shocking management.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was he playing?

PSG will be hilarious without Mbappe.

L1nk

The fact that Modric could keep up with him says it all now really, sad to see that both Ronaldo and Messi are human after all

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Messi is not a top50 player in the world. Convince me otherwise :)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Just not that guy anymore. It makes sense why he went to ligue 1 slower pace if he had gone to a more difficult league they would have ran through him on the pitch I reckon. Truly the end of an era.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Poch is an idiot. He should have played Messi tonight. 3-2 down on aggregate and he didn’t even bring him on. Shocking management.
Was he playing?

PSG will be hilarious without Mbappe.
I take it you guys weren't watching :lol:
He was PSGs second best player (along with Veratti) behind Mbappe.

When he was through with that dink finish, that was his specialty but he was miles of by his old standards.
He passed it across goal and nobody followed up.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

I was watching. He was invisible.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Stop coping and making yourself look like a joke.

He ghosted. He's finished. Deal with it.