Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

EwanI Ted

This is exactly the kind of baseless, senseless, foolish transfer rumour I crave every summer.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd take Messi on a free but take his wages on, but sadly I don't think this one will happen.

Icemav

I had a strange feeling about this whilst reading Nietsche on the toilet the other day. The last time that happened I correctly predicted my girlfriend making me clean the car. This is written in stone.

croadyman

Easily the only player in the world I could accept us missing out on Sancho for, however never happening in a million years due to the astronomical figures involved

Last edited:

cyberman

They'll let Messi go on a nominal fee to cover the wages ala Sanchez.
He would win us the league. Itll never happen but we would win the title

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Messi always dreamt of playing for Solskjaer

Messi: "Ever since I saw the baby faced assassin score the winner at the Camp Nou, I knew that he was special. Only special players score winners at the Camp Nou".

"It is my dream to play for El Baby Face and to become a Red Devil"

Lemansky

I would absolutely LOVE Messi here. Even tough it’s maybe a bad idea:lol:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He hears over a million a week.
I'm aware of that, but in merchandising he would earn a lot of that back. He's also an Adidas Athlete.

The transfer fee would be a problem, the wages wouldn't be as much of an issue as people might think.

A 2 year contract with the option to extend wouldn't be the end of the world.

redshaw

"There's only one club other than FC Barcelona I'd like to play for outside of Argentina and that is FC United of Manchester"

dev1l

I'm aware of that, but in merchandising he would earn a lot of that back. He's also an Adidas Athlete.

The transfer fee would be a problem, the wages wouldn't be as much of an issue as people might think.

A 2 year contract with the option to extend wouldn't be the end of the world.
Messi is 33 and if I m not wrong contract expires next year.

Still I cannot seeing happening

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"I have come to the conclusion that competing for the Spanish title every season isn't enough, I need to be competing for the European cup"

Joins the team who have only just scraped back into it :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is the kind of signing where there would be so many questionable variables but you simply wouldn’t be able to stop smiling.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He hears over a million a week.
If the transfer fee is low that’s affordable for us. Our issue appears to be cashflow so spreading a big fee over a 3 year contract is probably preferable than a big fee up front and 200k a week. Is it worth risking pissing everyone off and unbalancing the side for a 33 year old Messi though? My initial reaction was definitely not but...it’s Messi!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why put 100m into the best youngster in Europe, when you can bang it into a 33 year old who has never played outside of Spain.

What could go wrong.

Would be bloody superb though wouldn't it :lol:

Wonder how many days of chatting sh!Te we have until the inevitable "i stay" declaration.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
"I have come to the conclusion that competing for the Spanish title every season isn't enough, I need to be competing for the European cup"

Joins the team who have only just scraped back into it :lol:
Joins the only team as big as Barcelona who aren’t Real Madrid.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Him coming here and outscoring Ronaldo. :drool:

Edit: Taking the 7 too. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If the transfer fee is low that’s affordable for us. Our issue appears to be cashflow so spreading a big fee over a 3 year contract is probably preferable than a big fee up front and 200k a week. Is it worth risking pissing everyone off and unbalancing the side for a 33 year old Messi though? My initial reaction was definitely not but...it’s Messi!
He'll need 1m a week is the issue.

kitress

You just know Woody is jizzing at the thought: The only team Messi and Ronaldo play for.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Joins the only team as big as Barcelona who aren’t Real Madrid.
He would have it literally all to lose coming here and not being a top performer.

Smart money is staying where he is for at least 1 more year, then having a tour of either America, or whoever the new money is by then.
Or a return to Argentina - am sure that was his stated plan at one stage

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He'd be our greatest right winger since Antonio Valencia. Just give him the 7 shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.