g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Again people here talking as if the deal is done. Fax me when the club makes an announcement. I think he might well come, I've no idea if he's any good or which CB(s) we will be trying to offload; (I happen to think Jones would suit one or two "smaller" PL teams.. maybe Arsenal would like him hee hee), but as yet the deal is not done

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Again people here talking as if the deal is done. Fax me when the club makes an announcement. I think he might well come, I've no idea if he's any good or which CB(s) we will be trying to offload; (I happen to think Jones would suit one or two "smaller" PL teams.. maybe Arsenal would like him hee hee), but as yet the deal is not done
Stop with all the excitement, it's too much ;)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don’t know why so many people are confused about this signing?
ETH has gone in, see the bunch of bed ridden, shit bags that we have as CBs and decided I’m getting a new one, that can not only defend on the front foot but is actually excellent on the ball too.
the question is not which CB he replaces but who plays alongside him
I've said for ages that Lindelof is our best CB right now. Still think so but I'm sure someone will say I'm being negative or moaning...

Last edited:

Idxomer

So it's something like £42m up front +£4m add ons?

Not great but then compared to £80m for Maguire and £50m for White it's a steal.
And Ake went for £41m two years ago with Chelsea likely to spend even more on him this transfer window.

ForeverRed1

Does this guy play as right back? if not I dont get it. We broke the world record for Maguire, with then paired him with a world class defender last summer. Their back up are Lindelof Bailly, and then Tuanzebe Jones. Why are we in for a centre back again this summer instead of a right back?
he’s very versatile and can play in midfield DM also, although his best work is as a centre back. Varane is made of glass. Lindelof is good but not got that edge that’s going to take you up a level. Other CBS are probably going to leave before the window closes, so it’s needed.

most importantly, he brings a mentality that we lack and are in desperate need of. This guy is a terrier that will run through walls for you.Gritty, determined and passionate. Warrior

Macern

Pee pee pants
What's the talk about the price being too high? €50+5 for a 24 year old center back who just won Ajax player of the year isn't bad at all.

Real Name

:lol:

You're persistent, I give you that.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Aye he's cheaper than Ben White, younger too and is an established Argentine international coming ovee from a historic club. I'd say it's fair in this market tbh
1st point yes, but actually he's the same age and not quite a regular in the International team. Certainly is established at Ajax if that's what you mean?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
1st point yes, but actually he's the same age and not quite a regular in the International team. Certainly is established at Ajax if that's what you mean?
from what I've seen of Ben White, he's either majestic for 90 minutes or a complete disaster area. Not sure I want one of those, thanks :p

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
from what I've seen of Ben White, he's either majestic for 90 minutes or a complete disaster area. Not sure I want one of those, thanks :p
He was much more consistent for Brighton, Arsenal has been very up and down like you said.

Imagine him and Bailly as a pair, what entertainment :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Aye he's cheaper than Ben White, younger too and is an established Argentine international coming ovee from a historic club. I'd say it's fair in this market tbh
White isn't a right comparison but Ake and Botman would be a decent comparison this summer.

Smores

What's the talk about the price being too high? €50+5 for a 24 year old center back who just won Ajax player of the year isn't bad at all.
Depends how good he turns out to be I guess but it's certainly high for the Dutch league. He'll be the 3rd highest Eredivisie transfer ever.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
How many days til our season starts? I've got this odd feeling - I think it's called looking forward to it

bosskeano

Who’s been better than him?
i think that pretty much sums up why ETH is wanting to bring in Lisandro despite having 4 other experienced CB's.....None can stay fit, none can produce on a consistent basis, None have any sort of commanding presence and None of them are left footed

Status
Not open for further replies.