Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

If we do want him I think it will be similar to what we did with Malacia.

Let Arsenal do the negotiations and swoop in last minute.

Hopefully if we do get him he'll do something like this vs City.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gazumping Lyon for Malacia and Arsenal for Martinez? The game is the game

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I know next to nothing about him, but he sounds and looks like a quintessential Arsenal signing, so on that basis I’m more than happy to let Arsenal have him.

DWelbz19

Come on then, where do you think he's coming to play if we land him?

I'll say midfield all day.
Think this would be another Daley Blind thing where every fan on redcafe wants him in midfield and he’ll end up only playing the real bulk of his career at CB and maybe LB

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I know next to nothing about him, but he sounds and looks like a quintessential Arsenal signing, so on that basis I’m more than happy to let Arsenal have him.
Man Utd is trying to bring in existing/former Ajax players for their coach. It is a more attractive destination for these players. Arsenal can look elsewhere for a back up LB that cost less than 43m.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Come on then, where do you think he's coming to play if we land him?

I'll say midfield all day.
Sounds like we are planning on using FDJ as the deepest midfielder though, so i'm not sure about that.

If we pushed him further forward to play alongside Bruno though with Martinez covering, then perhaps.

I think we just want another comfortable ball playing CB. Get rid of Jones/Bailly who are more limited and keep Varane/Maguire/Lindelof/Martinez as options.

DWelbz19

Man Utd is trying to bring in existing/former Ajax players for their coach. It is a more attractive destination for these players. Arsenal can look elsewhere for a back up LB that cost less than 43m.
You’re not putting €40m bids in for a back-up defender. This guy is quite clearly a key target of Arteta’s.

rbnZz

I like Martinez, he's able to play as centre back but also as defensive midfield. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will think he's too tiny as centre back in the Premier League but Martinez is
Argentinian and he has the aggression to succeed in the Premier League. Let Varane do all the aerial battles. Martinez also has a fantastic crosspass. Would be a nice duo in the centre. What Ten Hag also likes is 1 defender to move to the midfield so you have a +1 on the midfield so you can dominate. Martinez knows how to do this. He did it also often at Ajax.

Reactions: Penna

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You’re not putting €40m bids in for a back-up defender. This guy is quite clearly a key target of Arteta’s.
Edu/Arteta is trying to bring him on board, I am just not sure who he will replace in the starting lineup for that kind of money. Tierney will start when he is available. Gabriel is the left footed LCB and I highly doubt he will be replaced. Arsenal needs cover for LB and RB as both Tierney and Tomiyasu missed quite a lot of games. In CB arsenal still has Holding and Saliba as squad option. I have no clue with Edu/Arteta's plan.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Got really confused for a minute cause I thought that van der Kraan was ten Hag's assistant, thought it was a bit weird he was so openly talking about transfer targets, turns out I'm thinking of van der Gaag.

bosskeano

we need a left sided, left footed CB and he's argentine.....sign him up

i'd rather him playing on the left than Maguire or Varane who won't use their left foot to pass a ball and could care less about his height

Idxomer

we need a left sided, left footed CB and he's argentine.....sign him up

i'd rather him playing on the left than Maguire or Varane who won't use their left foot to pass a ball and could care less about his height
Varane has no problem using his left foot to pass, he's one of the most two-footed defenders in Europe.

didz

Varane has no problem using his left foot to pass, he's one of the most two-footed defenders in Europe.
I'd go so far as saying the most. His two-footedness really goes under the radar it seems.

Even so, the rest are very one-footed.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think Ajax will sell. If they sell him for around 50 million Euro's, they are nearly signing Wijndal.

With Blind then replacing Martinez, Ajax have the best thinkable replacement and can use that money to get a new starting RB, and backup CB/LB.

You will never get much more dor Martinez.

Martinez would be great as a midfield partner for Frenkie and backup CB for United.

the_cliff

So apparently Arsenal have bid 2 days ago and Ajax are yet to respond.

Could it be because we've done hijacked another player. :devil: :devil:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So apparently Arsenal have bid 2 days ago and Ajax are yet to respond.

Could it be because we've done hijacked another player. :devil: :devil:
Last bid was 40 +5, they want 45+5. If you bid that you'll get him. If bids are the same i don't know what he'll choose but having Ten Hag (and bigger wages) will definitely put you on top.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Last bid was 40 +5, they want 45+5. If you bid that you'll get him. If bids are the same i don't know what he'll choose but having Ten Hag (and bigger wages) will definitely put you on top.
We would get him if we wanted to, in this particular deal we have all the advantages.
Different story had you lot qualified for the Champions League.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
And the obvious United or Arsenal. Should be straightforward for him.

the_cliff

Course it's the old 'wages' reason, course if we both offered the exact same wages he'll choose Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.