List your top 5 players who should never play for United again and why

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
Carlos Tevez - I loved him when he was here, and I even like him still. But seems to take football less serious by the second. Lost it.
Ben Foster - He will, bar something extraordinary happens, retire before David de Gea. So lets rather stick with the donut.
Darron Gibson - Showed promise with his horseshot, but lately you get the impression he just ain't gonna make it.
Rafael da Silva - Turning 28 in july, so could just as well retire now.
Howard Webb - Caused to much mayhem whenever he played for us (for my liking). Besides, he's retired.

Reactions: Alex99

Lentwood

What a load of crap
Too many people unable to take off their red tinted glasses and look at football objectively...

We have 3/4 top quality players surrounded by utter drivel. Liverpool have maybe 1/2 top quality players surrounded by very good PL players. Same with Spurs, same with Chelsea

We are so quick to knock rival players whilst defending our own. The likes of Rudiger, Jordan Henderson, Cesc Fabregas, Eric Dier and Son would walk into our side yet so many on here willing to believe they are crap because they are to tribal to properly assess

1974_Fergie_Time

Pogba - big time Charlie as Sir Alex would call him, woeful for the money we paid for him
Valencia - never beats first man when he tires to cross the ball
Rashford - flattered to deceive - send him on loan to celtic get Dembele
Smalling - forever pulling shirts and getting caught out of position
Jones - Stupid dive tackles that either injures himself or causes us to lose a goal

top 5 loads more i would move on if we could Blind, Shaw, Rojo, Darmian, Martial

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Threads like this show the Caf at its very worst.

People should spend more time thinking about why our superstar attackers consistently underperform.

God love you wee Sweet Cheeks

I would not turn on BT sport to hear what Scholes & Ferdinand have to say or Listen to many United Stalwarts in todays Press.

Poor you

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Too many people unable to take off their red tinted glasses and look at football objectively...

We have 3/4 top quality players surrounded by utter drivel. Liverpool have maybe 1/2 top quality players surrounded by very good PL players. Same with Spurs, same with Chelsea

We are so quick to knock rival players whilst defending our own. The likes of Rudiger, Jordan Henderson, Cesc Fabregas, Eric Dier and Son would walk into our side yet so many on here willing to believe they are crap because they are to tribal to properly assess
So you have seen us sign Sanchez who plays like crap for us bit think Son would walk into the side.

Jordan fecking Henderson who sits on the bench Pogba or Matic?

We have the second best in the league.

Sanchez Pogba Matic Smalling Jones DDG all walk into the Liverpool 11

Martial is better than their squad options.
Rashford is better than Ings or Solanke

Our second choice keeper prob can get a game there.

Spurs outside the 11 dont have enough squad options. Or do you think Llorente is a good backup option.

Fabregas I wont even start on him

I do not overrate our squad. Its not good enough but in no way are any of their better. Its why we finished above them playing like crap

T A

Fellaini - everyone knew why

Lingard - 2 goals, 1 assist, 1 deflected assist in 20 matches since January as an attacking starter. He took other player's playing time for nothing and he is one of biggest reasons why Martial is set to leave.

Smalling - average ability, can make mistakes at any time. He did what Lingard did with Martial to Bailly.

Blind - i actually think he can do better than three above names at other clubs in other leagues. However he'll never make it in PL.

Herrera - his high tempo playing style will be affected by his age very soon because it requires a lot of speed and energy to be really effective. Last night was a clear evidence, he seemed slower than who he was a year ago and couldnt mark Hazard properly. When his strength no longer exists, it's time to get rid of

Deleted member 101472

Just for perspective, this is an all time list.

1. Fellaini
2. Buttner
3. Phil Jones
4. Jordi Cruyff
5. Rashford

ChichIchanga

We lost an ugly game by a penalty, we were not outclassed. A little too knee jerk in this forum after we lose, the coaching is what did us in today

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
1. Phil Jones - I think he is brutal.
2. Jesse Lingard - he offers nothing. ideal for someone like Stoke. good luck England in WC with this guy.
3. Rashford - the kid has serious pace but no first touch. Sunderland would love him.
4. Alexis Sanchez - 14 groundstaff get paid annually what this guy gets paid in a week. think about it for 1 second. Done nothing for united
5. Rojo - when we lost at home to Seville in champions league - this guy was first United player out of Old Trafford wearing red boot snickers with diamonds on them. Seriously!!!!!

I paid £4k to fly over to Wembley and watch that shite. 2k to go to OT and watch us get beaten by Seville and have Roja walk past me wearing red snickers with diamonds in then and soles that lit up . Fcuk away on with you. yeah I'm drunk. I'm allowed to be, but that was crap. give Moyes or Van Gaal any day. Mourinho has lost it.
Jaysus Baz, you talk about players who do nothing for united before throwing 2 of our own under the bus. Do you want to kill the identity of the club completely?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Alan Smith - I never really warmed to him, tbh
Paddy Roche - I think DDG is a better prospect for us going forward
Michael Owen - because of the helicopter over Dubai video mainly
Bobby Charlton - because he's 80
John Aldridge - because he's John Aldridge
I'd take Bobby at 80 over some of this lot.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Me and you have a different definition of fantastic.

These two are one of the reasons why we hit a downhill slope. Everyone used to groan under Fergie when he played them because we knew nothing would happen. We move them further back and same result. They both useless.

Valencia has a great first season. But since that injury he has always been hesitant to beat his man.

Young is useless and I never warmed to him. He’s been here 7 years and still overhits the same crosses.
Fantastic may be stretching it too much (yes it is) but it’s all relative and those two have been better than what I expected from them and for this stage in their careers and position they have played they have been fantastic.

simplyared

Victor Lindelof - just not good enough and still can't understand our scouting system for bringing him to the club.
Marouane Fellani - I thought we'd bought a top quality striker/target man when he came from Everton. We play him in a midfield role for some reason. Never worked out!
Juan Mata - as much as I like the guy it's time to off load him. He's not a player we should build our future on.
Phil Jones - having both Jones and Smalling on the pitch at the same time doesn't work. I'd keep Smalling and get rid of Jones and get a ball playing top CB to replace him. A must in the summer window!
Luke Shaw - Reckon he's been playing at the top of his game recently and can't see him stepping up to the level required. A top class attacking LB - also a must in the summer window.

Josep Dowling

Darmian - the bloke is stealing a living at this club. Has never been good enough, he generally plays in any game where we get a bad result this season as well.

Blind - as above. Though I still think he would be useful as a CM in the 3. Has not been tried by Jose and likely not going to be done so get rid.

Fellaini - epitomises everything that’s wrong with the club at the moment. A number 10 who for some reason plays DM. He can’t run, he can’t pass and other than being an aerial threat for the last 10 minutes of a goal we may as well play with 10 men if he starts.

Jones - has been given far to many opportunities. Always injured for half the season anyway and has not hit the heights he was meant to reach.

Shaw - been a total disaster signing considering how much we paid for a teenager. The bloke can’t even stay match fit. How can a Premier League footballer have man boobs.

Josep Dowling

Threads like this show the Caf at its very worst.

People should spend more time thinking about why our superstar attackers consistently underperform.
Well one of the best managers in the world can’t figure that out either so I would suggest the squad simply isn’t good enough.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just 5?

I started a thread months ago to basically say that we barely have any players good enough to challenge for a league title. Got a lot of resistance at the time, but I'm still convinced I'm right on this one.

I couldn't even name 5 that I'm convinced are good enough.

wolvored

Jones
Mata
Blind
Darmian
Lukaku
We need better attackers than Lukaku, who is one dimensional, and Mata who is way too slow. The other 3 are useless and/or too injury prone. We could get rid of more than 5 of course

luke511

Surprised to see Smalling on so many people's lists, he's been our most consistent defender this season in my opinion. I feel Smalling being bad at passing is a bit of a myth as well, his passing technique can look a bit unorthodox at times but he always finds the man.

Mata, Darmian, Fellaini, Herrera and Young for me. Young has had a couple of good performances for us this season but the way he becomes our left winger for the majority of the game is fecking painful to watch. We need our left midfielder/winger doing the attacking wide work, like Martial did for example when he came on in the final.

Last edited:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yes for a big named team we have no other WC players. That in itself is a disgrace
Thought you meant World Cup players then and was pretty confused. But yeah, we don’t have any outfield world class players really. Sanchez is supposed to be but he’s been shit.

I honestly believe we’ve got a couple like Pogba, Martial and maybe Lukaku who could be world class under a manager that plays free flowing, attacking football. Players like Martial can’t flourish when they’ve got these defensive/restrictive instructions in the back of his head. Willing to give Mourinho another season to win me over but I’m not convinced.

Mike Love

Supports
River Atlético Clube
Valencia
Young
Martial (Doesn't give a single feck)
Fellaini
Darmian.

Lentwood

So you have seen us sign Sanchez who plays like crap for us bit think Son would walk into the side.

Jordan fecking Henderson who sits on the bench Pogba or Matic?

We have the second best in the league.

Sanchez Pogba Matic Smalling Jones DDG all walk into the Liverpool 11

Martial is better than their squad options.
Rashford is better than Ings or Solanke

Our second choice keeper prob can get a game there.

Spurs outside the 11 dont have enough squad options. Or do you think Llorente is a good backup option.

Fabregas I wont even start on him

I do not overrate our squad. Its not good enough but in no way are any of their better. Its why we finished above them playing like crap
Smalling and Jones....hmmmm....see if I were a Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs fan I would be laughing at the suggestion those two would get in ‘our’ side

I’m not going to go through player for player because it’s been done to death, but let’s just take the example there of Son. You compare him to Sanchez (interesting you chose Son against Sanchez and not Martial/Rashford btw) Objectively speaking, who has had the better season this year, Son or Sanchez? Because i think if you’re honest you will find it really hard to make a case for Sanchez.

That’s the problem we have as fans. We see ‘potential’ in our players that we don’t see in others. We allow our players to live on former glories whilst quickly writing off any opposition player that goes through a bad patch of form. We laud the effectiveness, versatility and attitude of our own fringe players whilst ridiculing other teams “John O’Shea/Darren Fletcher” types. We give priveleges to our players that we don’t afford our competitors - “if only Jose let Martial off the leash, if only Jose would play Pogba in a three, if only Sanchez were allowed to play as a #10”. I don’t see anybody on here making the same excuses for our opponents.

Fact is, genuinely good players don’t need constant excuses. It worries me when every week we are coming up with new theories about why Player X,Y,Z isn’t performing when the obvious answer, they aren’t good enough, is passed over time and time again

The fact that you say of Cesc Fabregas “don’t even get me started on him” makes my whole argument. Can I point out that’s multiple La Liga, CL and PL winning Spanish semi-regular Cesc Fabregas who has played top level football since he was 16 you are just dismissing as crap there?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Smalling and Jones....hmmmm....see if I were a Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs fan I would be laughing at the suggestion those two would get in ‘our’ side

I’m not going to go through player for player because it’s been done to death, but let’s just take the example there of Son. You compare him to Sanchez (interesting you chose Son against Sanchez and not Martial/Rashford btw) Objectively speaking, who has had the better season this year, Son or Sanchez? Because i think if you’re honest you will find it really hard to make a case for Sanchez.

That’s the problem we have as fans. We see ‘potential’ in our players that we don’t see in others. We allow our players to live on former glories whilst quickly writing off any opposition player that goes through a bad patch of form. We laud the effectiveness, versatility and attitude of our own fringe players whilst ridiculing other teams “John O’Shea/Darren Fletcher” types. We give priveleges to our players that we don’t afford our competitors - “if only Jose let Martial off the leash, if only Jose would play Pogba in a three, if only Sanchez were allowed to play as a #10”. I don’t see anybody on here making the same excuses for our opponents.

Fact is, genuinely good players don’t need constant excuses. It worries me when every week we are coming up with new theories about why Player X,Y,Z isn’t performing when the obvious answer, they aren’t good enough, is passed over time and time again

The fact that you say of Cesc Fabregas “don’t even get me started on him” makes my whole argument. Can I point out that’s multiple La Liga, CL and PL winning Spanish semi-regular Cesc Fabregas who has played top level football since he was 16 you are just dismissing as crap there?
Lovren starts. Thats is all

Craig Ward

Mata - No place in the squad for him. We need an upgrade for RW. Think he has served his time here.

Rojo - Wasn't good enough when he signed, performances has proved so. We have plenty of CB options. No place for him

Darmian - Signed with promise. Has dwindled. Wont be missed

Sanchez - Signed purely so City couldn't sign him. We have been worse with him than without. We will be better with martial back in the team.

Fellaini - Never been good enough. Never will be

Fosu-Mens

Mourinho - Attacking tactic: players to improvise on the spot(Stoneage mentality) and not the best environment for young "unexperienced" players like Rashford.
Mata - Hobbit. Small, weak and slooooooow. Basically useless when we are defending, which is what we are doing most of the time anyway.
Blind - Semihobbit. Worst position for a player with his physical "abilities".
Fellaini - Ent. Slow, slow, slow, elbows, easy to antagonize.
Sanchez - Overpaid, can't play part of a cohessive unit. Gets the ball wide--> tries to dribble inside --> either shot or cross the ball. Attack over. Predictable.
Valencia - Juiced, two trick horse. Get the ball, wait 5 seconds, attack stopped. Mission accomplished.
Smalling - Perfect for parking the bus; Physical and cant pass for sh*t. Great at heading and clearing the ball in random directions, although allways to the opposition.
Phil Jones - 1 major mistake a game on average.
Darmian - Least attacking LB/RB in PL. On pair with Tony Hibbert attacking wise.
Scott McTominay - 21 year old "talent". Only thing he has is height (Which is ideal for Mourinho.). Is it so that only english fans rate him?

red4ever 79

Fellaini - never has and never will be good enough. Reflection of how poor our quality and tactics are
Sanchez - Overrated, bad attitude, not been good enough
Jones - Mistakes in him all day long
Valencia - Failed winger, now a failed rb
Lindelof- Looked hopelessly out of his depth

redmanx

He's probably very good. But it's an attitude and personality thing. Could be one of the biggest wastes of talent in a long time.
I agree, Pogba is without doubt an exceptional player but he needs to accept that hes not as good as he seems to think he is; no player or individual is bigger than the club but Pogba thinks its all about him. To be honest, the way hes been promoted by the club in those dreadful adverts on MU TV hasn't helped reduce the size of his ego and the manager has clearly got his work cut out to bring him back down to earth, cos that's where football is played and Paul Pogba is paid handsomely to play football. Being confident is one thing, but this guy really loves himself, but I love Manchester United and they and their fans come first, not over hyped divas like Pogba and too many of our players.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Mata - Finished at this level.
Herrera - Limited. United can do better.
Rojo - One CB needs to go and he's the most obvious choice.
Martial - Too one-dimensional, does not look like he'll improve.
Andreas Pereira - Not up for it, should cash in.

Tom Foster

Mata. As everyone says, a lovely fella, but in this age of athleticism he’s no use in most matches. Even his undoubted skill is very intermittent.

Fellani. I can only recall one good game from him.......for Everton in the 4-4 draw.

Darmian. He’ll be remembered in years to come as the “why did we buy him?” one.

AND 2 FROM THE PAST:

Jim McCalliog. I played the odd game in the Salford Sunday League, and I genuinely thought I was better than him.

Ashley Grimes. If you remember him, I don’t need to say any more.