Liverpool - 2017/18

haram

They will be a real danger for the next years: they need few players to adjust the squad

GK

Arnold CB VVD Robertson

Henderson Wijnaldum Keita

Salah Firmino Mane​

+ improving the turnover players

If they do not wrong signings they are real contenders at 360°

Coutingo sale has been (an involuntary) bless
This team does not worry me in the slightest.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
They will be a real danger for the next years: they need few players to adjust the squad

GK

Arnold CB VVD Robertson

Henderson Wijnaldum Keita

Salah Firmino Mane​

+ improving the turnover players

If they do not wrong signings they are real contenders at 360°

Coutingo sale has been (an involuntary) bless
I've mentioned it a few times, but if we are to be of any danger to City and potentially you in the league, we desperately need more depth. Just look at the options we had from the bench in a CL final: Klavan, Moreno, unfit Lallana, unfit Can and one goal wonder Solanke. It's horrendous.

Not sure how long Ox is out for, but having him back along with Keita, a new forward to rotate with the usual suspects and a GK would do us wonders, I think.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Keïta will be a very good player for them, if they can get Allison and Fekir and keep Salah they could have the foundation for a very strong team next year.

------------Allison--------------
Arnold--Matip--VVD--Robertson
-----Henderson--Keïta----------
--------------Fekir---------------
Salah-------Firmino------Mané

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You can be sure that Jose will not take them on in a head to head game however.
I couldn't disagree more with this statement.

Liverpool looked utterly toothless on the both occasions our two clubs met last season and that was largely due to the way Jose set us up.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They really weren't. Madrid outplayed them for most of the game. The opening 15-20 minutes is characteristic of all games involving superior vs inferior teams where the inferior team gives it a right go in the initial stages of the game.

Even in those 15-20 minutes with Salah on the pitch, Madrid defended stoutly and also created some chances for themselves.

Madrid being pros, conserved their energy and slowly tightened the noose as the game went on. Liverpool were extremely naive and full of emotion, so they started full of energy and were soon shown up by Karius and a lack of tactical awareness. Klopp couldn't adjust his style once Salah went off and nobody else could compensate for his absence.
This is probably the fairest assessment of the CL final that I've read to date.

edgar allan

I couldn't disagree more with this statement.

Liverpool looked utterly toothless on the both occasions our two clubs met last season and that was largely due to the way Jose set us up.
Yes. We we were set up defensively to stifle there attacking play. More so in the first game obviously.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I can only compare Klopp to his previous seasons managing Liverpool. It's ridiculous for me to compare him to the last 30 years. Is that what you do for Mourinho compare the last 30 years? If that's the case he should of been fired as he's not living up to the standards set by SAF.

Any sane United fan would compare Mourinho's progress to his previous seasons work and to that of his predecessor. In my opinion he has shown good progress compared to LVG. The same with Klopp he has shown progress improved our squad , we've qualified for the UCL twice (we've only been in it 3 times in the last 9 years) and the signings he's bringing in there's much more hits than misses. Rodgers didn't even make it out of the group and Klopp has taken us to a UCL final.

Just because we've shown signs of progress doesn't mean we expect to win the league. When Klopp came in we were the weakest top 6 team, i think Arsenal are now.

City have improved much more than anyone this season, so relative to them all teams have fallen further behind. Hence why Poch Mourinho and Klopp are all looking to spend as everyone's playing catchup to City
Indeed. We can argue until we're blue in the face about which of our clubs made the most progress last season, but at the end of the day we are all playing catchup to a City team that were so dominant last season that the title race was over by January. When you consider the sheer depth of the chasm between City and the chasing pack, in combination with the near limitless resources the current leaders have at their disposal, the idea of reeling them in seems fruitless at best. We will need a minor miracle to stop them dominating for an extended period of time.

haram

Yes. We we were set up defensively to stifle there attacking play. More so in the first game obviously.
Whats funny is that we attacked better than them at Old Trafford regardless of how we set up. Liverpool were made to look terrible.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Not to be a bore, but honestly we've been through the Liverpool

"Our first eleven is good but our squad is paper thin" a few times in the last 30 years. What has tended to happen is an influx of Klavan style bargains to flesh out the squad but whom are well below the required quality.

My view would be that the way to build depth is to add 2-3 quality additions each summer. It takes more time but it's a better way. It would be a mistake, IMO, for Liverpool to go through yet more squad padding.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Not to be a bore, but honestly we've been through the Liverpool

"Our first eleven is good but our squad is paper thin" a few times in the last 30 years. What has tended to happen is an influx of Klavan style bargains to flesh out the squad but whom are well below the required quality.

My view would be that the way to build depth is to add 2-3 quality additions each summer. It takes more time but it's a better way. It would be a mistake, IMO, for Liverpool to go through yet more squad padding.
Indeed. I feel though, that Klopp is the right man to find that required quality and steer us away from the Poulsens, Adams, Cissokohs of the world.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
This guy isn’t in the same league as gerrard from what I have seen. No where close in the small sample size or has he done anything during those games to suggest he could. He does look like a good all round player though
I didn't imply that he's possibly a new Steven Gerrard, simply that he has some of the qualities we've been missing ever since SG was at his best. Pace, energy, & skill. Something our midfield hasn't really had for the past few years. He's only 23 too, so hopefully his best years are ahead of him at Anfield under the guidance of Klopp.