Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inter Yer Nan

You wonder how these little pieces of luck v west ham (should have lost) and Everton (Pickford ) amongst others (salah diving ) will count for much at the end of the season.
They've had an incredible amount. You've got the god awful decision with regards to Mane's foul on Son in the last seconds too, the penalty Watford should have gotten at 0-0, the Fulham incident at 0-0 that resulted in Salah scoring a minute later. I feel like the other teams in contention, whilst not unlucky really, have certainly not had even half this much luck. The boneheaded decision to let serial penalty misser Mahrez take one at the death at 0-0 too is a three point swing.

If they don't win it this year I'm pretty certain they won't for another 10 years. The meltdown will be complete! :drool:
It appears they (Liverpool) sort of emerge every 4 or 5 years. 2005 with the Champions League (though no title run) then finally a title challenge in 2009, obscurity again and an improbable challenge in 2014 and now this season. 2008/2009 I think they had a better team than at any point over the last 30 years but we were great then, as were Chelsea and Arsenal were quality too. I think they may be helped by the fact that Premier League players are so expensive so if they lose another star like a Salah then they can re-coup good money and with their recent scouting successes add to the squad in a good way. Back in 2014 they were lost without Suarez and some terrible transfers and Rodgers being found out.

What they've got going against them is that we are surely going to turn a corner at some point given the talent we have, the investment we've made and can further make and with an improved club structure and then there's City and Pep who aren't going to stop spending so that's two clubs with far more clout in addition to which I just don't think Pep is a winner. I think you need a strong minded winner to beat the odds like that and I just don't think he's the guy.

DBT85

You wonder how these little pieces of luck v west ham (should have lost) and Everton (Pickford ) amongst others (salah diving ) will count for much at the end of the season.
You've forgotten the Palace keeper having a bet on Liverpool to win the title :lol:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Liverpool had won the league in December if I remember correctly. They can still do it and I fear they will, but I now think City and Spurs are being gifted a golden opportunity here so it is up to them to take it really. Spurs are bottlers themselves so not much help there I guess. We might even have to do this ourselves.

If Solskjaer keeps us unbeatable we might end up on something like 83 points, max 87.
All Liverpool has to do now is lose 4 and draw 4 of the remaining 13 games. Winning only 5 games. Is that even possible? What sort of form would that require? Midtable or relegation form?
Draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose-draw

Seven Seas Sardines

Liverpool had won the league in December if I remember correctly. They can still do it and I fear they will, but I now think City and Spurs are being gifted a golden opportunity here so it is up to them to take it really. Spurs are bottlers themselves so not much help there I guess. We might even have to do this ourselves.

If Solskjaer keeps us unbeatable we might end up on something like 83 points, max 87.
All Liverpool has to do now is lose 4 and draw 4 of the remaining 13 games. Winning only 5 games. Is that even possible? What sort of form would that require? Midtable or relegation form?
Draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose-draw
The math of some posters in here is astounding. :lol: If we win all our games it's enough to win the title if Liverpool(62) get 24 more points. Except for the loss against us, they could be unbeaten winning 6 and drawing 6 and we'll be champions.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The Bournemouth game is a biggie for them now . Anything but a win and the pressure will be on . They look very nervy to me and don`t seem to know what to do when they go ahead whereas City just keep going , never a thought of shutting up shop . Looking forward to the game in Old Trafford more than ever now .
It's at home isn't it? They'll win easy peasy. Bournemouth are more formidable at their own ground. Sadly I don't think Liverpool are going to collapse. Their venerability, to me, if any, is away from home. At home I don't see them dropping points to these mid table sides other than the odd occasion like Leicester.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The math of some posters in here is astounding. :lol: If we win all our games it's enough to win the title if Liverpool(62) get 24 more points. Except for the loss against us, they could be unbeaten winning 6 and drawing 6 and we'll be champions.
Ehm, is exactly the same thing you said though. I just found it more believable if we even allow Ole a few draws in this equation. However generally my math is not good, so you can have that, maybe it is my unusual lack of care for detail with numbers but I think this was you just reading it one way, and me another.

soccergirl

Supports
Italy national team
What scary about Liverpool is regardless how bad their performance were, example the vs. Leicaster and vs. West Ham games, they just somehow manage to get a DRAW instead of an actual lost. It something, something out there that protecting them, like it fate, luck, it like this is their year, the universe want them to win.

Both Leicaster and New Castle game, I pray for them to lost, pray that Lescaster and New Castle just manage to get a second goal in, and nothing then nothing. Something is protecting them, and no, not the ref. It like they just meant to be (win this year). And I do believe in there things that just meant to be.

Until I see an actual lost, not draw, but lost. I refuse to believe Liverpool will lose this title.

No, I don't like Liverpool. Before it was just neutral, kindda dislike, now I officially hate them after they clear the snow in their attacking area in the Leicaster game, now I just loathe them.

My prediction is Liverpool they will continue rather win games, or DRAW games. And at the end they will beat City in points. And City will lost another game due to their inconsistency.

I adoreeeeeee Bernando Silva, I adore City. But it their inconsistency that will kill them.

TRD

Some 10-15 days back I said a Liverpool slip up is coming soon. Looks like it has started.

Josh 76

What scary about Liverpool is regardless how bad their performance were, example the vs. Leicaster and vs. West Ham games, they just somehow manage to get a DRAW instead of an actual lost. It something, something out there that protecting them, like it fate, luck, it like this is their year, the universe want them to win.

Both Leicaster and New Castle game, I pray for them to lost, pray that Lescaster and New Castle just manage to get a second goal in, and nothing then nothing. Something is protecting them, and no, not the ref. It like they just meant to be (win this year). And I do believe in there things that just meant to be.

Until I see an actual lost, not draw, but lost. I refuse to believe Liverpool will lose this title.

No, I don't like Liverpool. Before it was just neutral, kindda dislike, now I officially hate them after they clear the snow in their attacking area in the Leicaster game, now I just loathe them.

My prediction is Liverpool they will continue rather win games, or DRAW games. And at the end they will beat City in points. And City will lost another game due to their inconsistency.

I adoreeeeeee Bernando Silva, I adore City. But it their inconsistency that will kill them.
If Liverpool draw all their games, they will lose the title.
Why do Liverpool have to lose a game? A few draws are just as damaging as a couple of defeats.
Its not how many games you lose, its how many games you win.

SirAF

Ageist
Why do Liverpool have to lose a game? A few draws are just as damaging as a couple of defeats.
This. When you are in a title race this close a draw is two points lost, not one gained.

Thisistheone

Yep, there's been loads. Even smaller things like Chelsea away where it was 1-0 and Hazard went through one-on-one late on to seal the game and missed. Sturridge then pulls a rabbit out the hat to grab a draw. Any other year they lose that game.

It's just been that kind of season for them.

Thisistheone

True. 2008-09 with Rafa's facts rant they went on a run of draws which really hurt them. Only lost twice all season but still finished behind us.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yep, there's been loads. Even smaller things like Chelsea away where it was 1-0 and Hazard went through one-on-one late on to seal the game and missed. Sturridge then pulls a rabbit out the hat to grab a draw. Any other year they lose that game.

It's just been that kind of season for them.
Having a good keeper and scoring a great goal is not luck. I don't go around saying United are lucky because De Gea makes so many unreal saves either, he's part of your team.

HDRubens

Supports
PSG

Draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose
draw-win-lose-draw
What kind of delusion is this ? That kind of form would likely see klopp sacked after spending so much , on the other hand if you pull out a run that earns you 87 points, well that would be a form that wins both CL and FA Cup, and clubs world cup while we are at it the Community Shield and the European Supercup.. 5 trophies under Ole is not a bad outcome.

Forgot to mention the Ballon d or for DDG, 6 trophies not bad at all.

Then Man City will be guilty for breaking FFP rules and relagated straight to League One, Liverpool will be guilty for cheating and bribing referees will join them, both Guardiola and Klopp go into severe depression and retire from football management, Gerrard will slip again with Rangers and also loose his sanity. Perfect world for a Man United fan :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Thisistheone

Having a good keeper and scoring a great goal is not luck. I don't go around saying United are lucky because De Gea makes so many unreal saves either, he's part of your team.
Meant it as an example of fine margins more than luck - a world class player in Hazard fluffing a one-on-one to kill the game off at the end and then Sturridge, who's done nothing all year, scores a great goal that would end up in row Z nine times out of ten.

It's when rival fans usually shout 'jammy bastards' like I imagine you might have that season we came to Anfield and somehow won it with a John O'Shea goal out of nothing.

It's not really luck, but the sort of big moments that fall your way on a title winning season.

crossy1686

career ending
Also don't forget how embarrassingly awful we were in the Anfield game, so we'll be extra motivated to restore some pride.
Fully expecting Pogba to have another party against these feckers next weekend. We've got nothing to lose and they have to win. Chelsea and Arsenal are still worse than us and will drop points, Liverpool can't afford a slip up. I hope we put 4 past them.

Pace Abuser

What kind of delusion is this ? That kind of form would likely see klopp sacked after spending so much , on the other hand if you pull out a run that earns you 87 points, well that would be a form that wins both CL and FA Cup, and clubs world cup while we are at it the Community Shield and the European Supercup.. 5 trophies under Ole is not a bad outcome.

Then Man City will be guilty for breaking FFP rules and relagated straight to League One, Liverpool will be guilty for cheating and bribing referees will join them, both Guardiola and Klopp go into severe depression and retire from football management, Gerrard will slip again with Rangers and also loose his sanity. Perfect world for a Man United fan :lol::lol::lol:
:lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's not really luck, but the sort of big moments that fall your way on a title winning season.
Definitely agree on that part, yeah. We lose that match 8 times out of 10 in other seasons.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Last 10 games:

City have dropped 12 points.
Liverpool have dropped 7 points.

City have lost to 3 teams outside the top 6.
Liverpool have drawn to 2 of the teams outside the top 6.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Fully expecting Pogba to have another party against these feckers next weekend. We've got nothing to lose and they have to win. Chelsea and Arsenal are still worse than us and will drop points, Liverpool can't afford a slip up. I hope we put 4 past them.
You won't put four past us.

Josh 76

City will start to open up a gap at the top, then when everyone has handed the title to City, they will lose a game in April and Liverpool will be back in it.
So predictable.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
You need to win too, that's if you want Top 4.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Has anyone got a screenshot of Liverpool being 10 points clear at the top of the table? I think they had an earlier kick-off than City one gameweek a few weeks ago where they won and stretched the lead to ten but then City won their later fixture and the gap returned to seven. Can anyone confirm?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Has anyone got a screenshot of Liverpool being 10 points clear at the top of the table? I think they had an earlier kick-off than City one gameweek a few weeks ago where they won and stretched the lead to ten but then City won their later fixture and the gap returned to seven. Can anyone confirm?
No, it could've been 10 if we won at the Etihad but don't think we ever had an actual 10-point gap.

EDIT: no, you're right. It was 10 points on City after we thrashed Arsenal on December 30th, but Tottenham were only 9 points behind at the time. So never 10 points clear at the top. Not a big difference though :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
As long as they don't have any record for not being defeated at home, I couldn't care less if they lost only 2 games in the whole season. I don't want them to win the title and I hope this group of players is picked off by the big boys in the summer.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
No, it could've been 10 if we won at the Etihad but don't think we ever had an actual 10-point gap.

EDIT: no, you're right. It was 10 points on City after we thrashed Arsenal on December 30th, but Tottenham were only 9 points behind at the time. So never 10 points clear at the top. Not a big difference though :lol:
Nice one. I knew I wasn’t making it up! (Although, as you say, it wasn’t a true 10-point lead; just a 10-point cushion over City.)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nice one. I knew I wasn’t making it up! (Although, as you say, it wasn’t a true 10-point lead; just a 10-point cushion over City.)
Yep. It all looked very promising as recent as 7 days ago though, after City lost against Newcastle we could've been 7 points clear again. Big opportunity missed to build some momentum and put them under pressure.

I could see them stumbling at Goodison tonight though as I didn't think they were convincing against Arsenal and if I remember correctly they've not done well there under Pep. Not getting my hopes up though.

HDRubens

Supports
PSG
As long as they don't have any record for not being defeated at home, I couldn't care less if they lost only 2 games in the whole season. I don't want them to win the title and I hope this group of players is picked off by the big boys in the summer.
Which group of players are you talking about ? Only Salah and Mane are actually good, their keeper is shaky and Van Dijk without that young english CB beside him is creeping under pressure, not to mention their scotish right back he is looking average now, they are punching above their weight imo.

When I think about it even Salah shows levels of inconstancy, Mane looks world class at times then he suddenly turns absolute average for long spells.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There's been two major swings so far. The first one occurred when City took 3 points out of a possible 12 (losing to Chelsea, Palace & Leicester). The second swing came in the last five games. We've dropped 7 points from a possible 15 whilst City have taken 12/15 I think.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Which group of players are you talking about ? Only Salah and Mane are actually good, their keeper is shaky and Van Dijk without that young english CB beside him is creeping under pressure, not to mention their scotish right back he is looking average now, they are punching above their weight imo.

When I think about it even Salah shows levels of inconstancy, Mane looks world class at times then he suddenly turns absolute average for long spells.
Awful post, highlighted by the fact that you don't know Robertson actually plays LB and never RB. Stick to French football if you don't know what you're talking about.

Eric7C

You can't lose what you don't have.

crossy1686

career ending
You need to win too, that's if you want Top 4.
Nah, we can afford to lose, Chelsea and Arsenal will definitely drop points and we have to play Chelsea again so this game doesn’t actually mean that much to us apart from stopping your lot from winning the league. The pressure is all yours I’m afraid

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nah, we can afford to lose, Chelsea and Arsenal will definitely drop points and we have to play Chelsea again so this game doesn’t actually mean that much to us apart from stopping your lot from winning the league. The pressure is all yours I’m afraid
Man Utd v Liverpool

"This game doesn't actually mean that much to us". Feck off :lol: The Caf has been talking about it for weeks on end. You lot are fecking desperate to beat us and are as much involved in the top 4 race as we are in the title race. City won't win all their remaining games either.

Every game is a big game for Liverpool right now so this one won't be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.