Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Nothing's over yet and it won't be for a couple of months at least. City are inconsistent this season but one slip up from us would galvanize them. It's nice having a 4 point cushion that may become 7 but there's still a lot of football to be played.
2014 has made sure that most sensible Liverpool fans aren't getting carried away.

La Pulga

Supports
Barcelona
Guys, I feel your grieve, however, I am an Egyptian living in Cairo and the whole country is supporting Liverpool because of Salah more than our national team FFS!! The most supported club by far in our country "Al Ahly" was 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go and they changed the channel to Liverpool vs Arsenal game from its beginning at the Cafe where I was watching. People here in Egypt refer to Liverpool as "We", I really do not know how I can disappear next May after the inevitable occurs.

Judas

Open to offers
It's all over. If they were being chased by a team that hadn't won the league before I'd have more faith as they'd have hunger, but this City outfit show time and time again they don't have the interest in retaining the title.

Rozski

Ah well. At least Gerrard didn't win the league. He joined Liverpool as a 9 year old, in 1989. Left in 2018. The entirety of their not-winning-the-league streak. Looks like he was just a massive jinx all along.
This made me laugh and if they do end up winning at least there is a comedic aspect to it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
People will hate on you for saying it but I completely agree, after that CL final Liverpool were never the same again. They became focused and now have this mentality to grind every game, I really do agree that was the tipping point for them
Very expensive lesson but if Karius hadn't fecked up so spectacularly we would never have gone for Allison. He's made a huge difference to our machine this season.

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
Very expensive lesson but if Karius hadn't fecked up so spectacularly we would never have gone for Allison. He's made a huge difference to our machine this season.
I'd like to believe Klopp is more intelligent than that and would have gone for Alisson anyway.

The everyday normal fan could see he needed replacing even if we had won the Champions League.

montpelier

The BBC is your Official Liverpool channel for the run-in.

His interview was on the fecking news last night.

Kapardin

Everything is going Liverpool's way.
Unbelievable. I think these feckers have won atleast 9 points this season by sheer luck or fluke.

Them winning the title is like that asteroid which periodically arrives to destroy all life on Earth and reset. Had to happen at some point, but if given a choice, I'd much prefer their title winning manager to be someone like Benitez as opposed to Klopp who's just waiting to kickstart a cringefest of quotes and expressions. Though it could be worse if Gerrard had still been playing I guess.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Unbelievable. I think these feckers have won atleast 9 points this season by sheer luck or fluke.

Them winning the title is like that asteroid which periodically arrives to destroy all life on Earth and reset. Had to happen at some point, but if given a choice, I'd much prefer their title winning manager to be someone like Benitez as opposed to Klopp who's just waiting to kickstart a cringefest of quotes and expressions. Though it could be worse if Gerrard had still been playing I guess.
Here you go.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
In terms of the future, I think losing in Kiev last year was the best thing to happen to us. Losing the game was dreadful and it was a miserable night but it highlighted the weakness in the goalkeeping department. Until that point, it looked as though Klopp was willing to try and coach Karius through his weaknesses but the final was a step to far for him.
Bringing in Alisson has meant that even though we're not as prolific as last season, we don't need to be. I have said for years that you can't win a league title without a top class goalkeeper and 2014 is the perfect example of why.
We have a good first 11 with some good depth now and an actual plan on where we go from here. Win or lose the title this season, we have the owners and manager to be in contention for it for the next few years.

HDRubens

Supports
PSG

I'm following closely the PL this season and as an out of england neutral fan I find this such a ridiculous claim, sure they had luck going their way ( City & Everton at home, Chelsea away).

But is now Marko Arnautovic Peak Messi or Maradonna & Pelé molded into one all the sudden he miss the game vs Liverpool ?

I find this forum a very interesting place for neutrals but sometimes the biase fans have toward each others is unreal.

Judas

Open to offers
Are people really annoyed that someone as nothingy as Arnautovic isn't playing? Liverpool will beat West Ham with or without him, because they're a terrible team in terrible form.

ActionJackson

Get a grip, they have a 4 point lead (possibly 7 but Leicester will be a tricky game) and there is still 14 games to play. Plus they have City, probably the best team of the PL era, chasing them, its not like we are relying on a team like Spurs to catch them.

Don't forget we had an 8 point lead with 6 games to go in 2012 and performed the biggest bottle job I've ever seen so there is no doubt the title is still all to play for.

Strachans Cigar

Liverpool winning the league is only a major concern if they use it as a springboard to usher in another period of dominance as we enjoyed ourselves from ‘93 onward, akin to reliving their own halcyon days of the 70s & 80s

Which they definitely won’t. Not with City about.

...anyway, 26 years > 29 years :cool:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm following closely the PL this season and as an out of england neutral fan I find this such a ridiculous claim, sure they had luck going their way ( City & Everton at home, Chelsea away).

But is now Marko Arnautovic Peak Messi or Maradonna & Pelé molded into one all the sudden he miss the game vs Liverpool ?

I find this forum a very interesting place for neutrals but sometimes the biase fans have toward each others is unreal.
They're missing a bit more than Arnautovic including new signing Nasri.

Liverpool would thrash West Ham with or without those players anyway.

El Zoido

It’s done now. Gonna make it even more glorious when they go on the slide next season though. No way are they repeating this again.

BigRedScouser

Supports
Liverpool
Getting in Allison was crucial but that doesn't explain the change in approach we've had this season. We sacrificed the gung-ho football for a more controlled approach. Because of Klopp's renowned attacking approach, I don't feel the defensive side he's brought this season has been appreciated. Instead it's been written off as luck or us not clicking going forward like we did last season. Obviously this has lessened as the season has gone on this, but the changes Klopp has made have been impressive, especially off the back of losing his trusted assistant Buvac who was considered (least of all by Klopp himself) to be the 'brains' of the set-up. The big signings have definitely given us the platform to be able to rely on our defence as much as our attack for sure though.

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
Guys, I feel your grieve, however, I am an Egyptian living in Cairo and the whole country is supporting Liverpool because of Salah more than our national team FFS!! The most supported club by far in our country "Al Ahly" was 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go and they changed the channel to Liverpool vs Arsenal game from its beginning at the Cafe where I was watching. People here in Egypt refer to Liverpool as "We", I really do not know how I can disappear next May after the inevitable occurs.
You know a café that shows real football instead of Al Ahly?? Thats amazing. I'm happy though after so many years of smug barca and madrid fanboys having the remote, now its us (I'm a pre-Salah Liverpool fan). I know its not real and it will all die down when Salah leaves, but enjoying the ride for now.

ManUtdChampions

Every fecking thing goes in their favor so far this season. From football to non-football terms, they are lucky, get easy penalties, win games that don't deserve to win etc, etc. It is just ment to be I guess.

Ban

We used to laugh at them and their transfers. Now they got their act together and are doing everything right. They won't leave anywhere anytime soon. In other words United needs to get their act together cause we can't depend on useless City.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
If Liverpool do win the league, are we seeing the beginning of an era of domination?

Klopp will be clear as the best manager in the league once Pep inevitably leaves. With a squad full of players hitting their prime years and tied down to long term deals and further improvements envisagable.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
If Liverpool do win the league, are we seeing the beginning of an era of domination?

Klopp will be clear as the best manager in the league once Pep inevitably leaves. With a squad full of players hitting their prime years and tied down to long term deals and further improvements envisagable.
No-one has defended the PL since SAF. No chance.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Nope. Pep won't be replaced by some mug and City still have the best squad in the league and will come back fighting next season.

They'll likely spend a small fortune in order to regain the title as well.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
No-one has defended the PL since SAF. No chance.
No doubt defending it would be ridiculously hard. But I meant over the next few years I think if we win it once we have a good chance of doing it again.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Nope. Pep won't be replaced by some mug and City still have the best squad in the league and will come back fighting next season.

They'll likely spend a small fortune in order to regain the title as well.

They can only go downhill after Pep.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
They can only go downhill after Pep.
Don't see why. They have a young squad with excellent potential, that would entirely depend on the appointment. If they were to appoint another top manager and he was handed 200m+ to play with, I see no reason why they would go downhill.

There's no guarantee you keep this level up next season either. City under Pep have failed to remain as good as they were last season, it's very hard to repeat a dominant season. Klopp may just be the perfect manager to do that due to his exceptional motivational skills, but it's still a hell of an ask.

I don't think Pep will leave even if they fail to win the title anyway. I think he'll want to leave the club on a winning note so would stay at least for next season.

Thisistheone

FFS

HDRubens

Supports
PSG
They're missing a bit more than Arnautovic including new signing Nasri.

Liverpool would thrash West Ham with or without those players anyway.
No need to worry I think, they are best known for being bottlepool Fc aren't they ?

The best team that can stop them next year if the unthinkable happens is yours, no need to rely on others, if they win it this year credit to them.

BaseFishing

Yeah, being a United fan even I find myself dumbfounded at the bias on here sometimes. Just accept it as a given that something like 50% of the people who post here aren't the most fair-minded people and then you'll be able to enjoy the posts of those who actually have interesting things to say, and brush over the other ones without getting too irritated.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Get a grip, they have a 4 point lead (possibly 7 but Leicester will be a tricky game) and there is still 14 games to play. Plus they have City, probably the best team of the PL era, chasing them, its not like we are relying on a team like Spurs to catch them.

Don't forget we had an 8 point lead with 6 games to go in 2012 and performed the biggest bottle job I've ever seen so there is no doubt the title is still all to play for.
2012 was a little different from memory. Man. City had a game in hand and duly won it so lead was already down to 5 points. Two Manchester clubs still of course had to play each other in the run in while Liverpool and City already done the meetings.

Easily Liverpool's title to lose as I think Man. City will drop more points in the league once CL starts again. We're talking about team that has lost in last six weeks to Newcastle, Leicester and Palace after all.

This season reminds me of 12/13 and 06/07.

Judas

Open to offers

Win it, then retain it, then we can have this dicussion. I don't see any one team dominating the PL anymore though really, there's too many teams with loads of money.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
No doubt defending it would be ridiculously hard. But I meant over the next few years I think if we win it once we have a good chance of doing it again.
I don't think there will be any team with a period of dominance, but more like 4 teams every season that have a good chance of winning it. I hope so, anyway. It'd be very interesting if, say, United/City/Chelsea/Liverpool all had a genuine title challenge in them year after year.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Don't see why. They have a young squad with excellent potential, that would entirely depend on the appointment. If they were to appoint another top manager and he was handed 200m+ to play with, I see no reason why they would go downhill.

There's no guarantee you keep this level up next season either. City under Pep have failed to remain as good as they were last season, it's very hard to repeat a dominant season. Klopp may just be the perfect manager to do that due to his exceptional motivational skills, but it's still a hell of an ask.

I don't think Pep will leave even if they fail to win the title anyway. I think he'll want to leave the club on a winning note so would stay at least for next season.
Because you literally can't beat a 100 point season. I can't see another manager who'd do that.

No guaranteee we keep this level up or that we win the league this season, but it's clear City and Liverpool and by extension Guardiola and Klopp, are a cut above any other sides/managers in the league. Can't see that changing.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Because you literally can't beat a 100 point season. I can't see another manager who'd do that.

No guaranteee we keep this level up or that we win the league this season, but it's clear City and Liverpool and by extension Guardiola and Klopp, are a cut above any other sides/managers in the league. Can't see that changing.
He didn't need to beat it. They're significantly less consistent than they were last season.

Yeah, having hundreds of millions to spend helps a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.