Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Today's the big game IMO. Burnley are decent at home aren't they? Seems the kind to cause an upset or two

Ban

Sure other clubs wont sit back but neither will liverpool. They are about to reach 97 points, with a half decent midfield. Keita was suppose to be their marquee signing of the summer, who was nothing but unimpressive till lately. He is coming in his own. Fabinho also took half a season to get settled. Imagine Keita, Fabinho, Oxlade with another pre season under their belt + 1 or 2 more midfielder(s) + another centreback and maybe another forward. Suddenly their team has as much depth as City.

They can easily afford atleast 4 major signings without going broke. I mean they have players they can offload maybe not for crazy sums but still they will bring in money and so will the champions league run in. Even if they dont win it. Last year it brought them 90+ extra millions.

I think with this season's CL and PL run in, Liverpool will have second biggest transfer kitty in premier league and they are in position where they dont have to sell any of their star players and with Klopp at helm, we can fully expect him to get every single penny's worth out of that fund.
They sure won't go anywhere sadly. But I don't think they'll dominate for years.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely. What he did with Dortmund was amazing and now he's turned Liverpool who's been shit for what feels like eternity into one of the best sides in Europe. He deserves much credit even if most of us hate him.
A sensible post.

If you listen and pay attention to what Klopp says and does as a manager, you will notice that he's more interested in coaching players than buying big names. He gave every player a chance to prove themselves to him when he first came in. If they were not good enough they were sold. There does comes a point when he has to buy expensive players. Karius wasn't mentally strong enough, Mignolet wasn't good enough, so it had to be Alisson, for example.
Our defence wasn't strong enough, so he got Virgil.

Salah was good at Roma, but hardly top drawer. He came to Liverpool and has become an elite player.
Mane, inconsistent at Southampton, becomes a top player at Liverpool.
Robertson, good going forward at Hull, but not a good defender. Look at him now!
Ox was inconsistent at Arsenal, now look at him.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
I'd just like to point out that we now have more points than Ferguson's Utd ever managed in the league. It's just never meant to be for us. Our two best teams and seasons (08/09 and this one) were both up against behemoths.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
A sensible post.

If you listen and pay attention to what Klopp says and does as a manager, you will notice that he's more interested in coaching players than buying big names.

Yeah I'm not really interested in what the massive hypocrite says, more interested in what he does.

Which is spend close to 170 million pounds in the summer, more than any other football club. He's a great coach who also buys big names.

Yes, he also buys some smaller ones, but he's broken records to bring players to the club. He's no better than any other manager in this respect.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I have never seen Shaw put in a decent cross. Shaw's delivery is poor from a fullback's perspective
Well in all due respect, how many matches have you seen him play?
At Southampton he did it regularly. He started well under LVG until the injury.
It’s a myth that he can’t cross, we’re simply not set up well enough for that type of play

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Well in all due respect, how many matches have you seen him play?
At Southampton he did it regularly. He started well under LVG until the injury.
It’s a myth that he can’t cross, we’re simply not set up well enough for that type of play
I have watched more than enough games to see that he is a poor crosser of the ball. There's nothing much to argue here really.

There are many crosses sent in from the right wing. Dalot puts them in(when he played Rb), Young does too even though he fails spectacularly. So our setup does allow our fullbacks to put in crosses.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Yeah I'm not really interested in what the massive hypocrite says, more interested in what he does.

Which is spend close to 170 million pounds in the summer, more than any other football club. He's a great coach who also buys big names.

Yes, he also buys some smaller ones, but he's broken records to bring players to the club. He's no better than any other manager in this respect.
Tbh, I'd be pissed as a fan and also a player if my club sold the best player for 140m and eventually replaced him with a couple of 20m pound players. VVD was the marquee transfer and Ox was the replacement for Coutinho, both times they were overpaying at the time. They then got some money from their CL run and I am pretty sure Klopp wouldn't have bought Alisson if Karius hadn't fecked up their final, even if he said otherwise.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have never seen Shaw put in a decent cross. Shaw's delivery is poor from a fullback's perspective
So was Evra’s.

Attacking play for top quality fullbacks is generally more about supporting the man in front of them with good movement and interplay than putting in great crosses. If a fullback is getting into good advanced wide positions, putting a cross into the box can leave them well out of position and expose their flank to a counter.

ayushreddevil9

So was Evra’s.

Attacking play for top quality fullbacks is generally more about supporting the man in front of them with good movement and interplay than putting in great crosses. If a fullback is getting into good advanced wide positions, putting a cross into the box can leave them well out of position and expose their flank to a counter.
Yeah. I'm not saying he is a bad fullback. I'm just saying that he is a bad crosser.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Tbh, I'd be pissed as a fan and also a player if my club sold the best player for 140m and eventually replaced him with a couple of 20m pound players. VVD was the marquee transfer and Ox was the replacement for Coutinho, both times they were overpaying at the time. They then got some money from their CL run and I am pretty sure Klopp wouldn't have bought Alisson if Karius hadn't fecked up their final, even if he said otherwise.
This is all fair, and there's nothing wrong with spending money.

But this idea that Klopp works off a tight budget and turns water in to wine needs to die. He's spent huge amounts of money on that squad, yes he's developed and coached certain players above expectations (just like every other good manager) but he's broken records to bring in players, that's the bottom line.

There's a lot of romanticism surrounding his work at Liverpool, that's all I'm saying. He's a good coach but someone like Poch for instance has had to work under far more difficult circumstances with far less money available and with greater restrictions in terms of attracting players (wages) to the club. He's been very well backed at Liverpool and success should be expected.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I have watched more than enough games to see that he is a poor crosser of the ball. There's nothing much to argue here really.

There are many crosses sent in from the right wing. Dalot puts them in(when he played Rb), Young does too even though he fails spectacularly. So our setup does allow our fullbacks to put in crosses.
There's plenty to dispute and I would dispute how many games you've actually seen him play, but hey you're entitled to your view.

Dalot is very overrated on here,don't know why people think he's great at this or that. If we're so good at crosses from the right whydo we need a RB and a RW?:smirk:

el3mel

This is all fair, and there's nothing wrong with spending money.

But this idea that Klopp works off a tight budget and turns water in to wine needs to die. He's spent huge amounts of money on that squad, yes he's developed and coached certain players above expectations (just like every other good manager) but he's broken records to bring in players, that's the bottom line.

There's a lot of romanticism surrounding his work at Liverpool, that's all I'm saying. He's a good coach but someone like Poch for instance has had to work under far more difficult circumstances with far less money available and with greater restrictions in terms of attracting players (wages) to the club. He's been very well backed at Liverpool and success should be expected.
I used to say such things but it's time to change mind and realize it's wrong. The job he done there is brilliant stuff.

He spent big but chose proper targets to improve the team, unlike other teams. *cough*us*cough*

He made them 97 points team with the possibility of reaching 2 CL final in a row. Tell anyone when he was hired that Liverpool will be ending a season with the ability to win the double or lose them with very fine margins and he would have laughed at you.

He's a crap character and his excuses are absolutely ridiculous but this job is brilliant. Even when he spent big he chose where to put the money. Sold their best players and used the money wisely to enforce places that costed him points previous seasons.

ayushreddevil9

There's plenty to dispute and I would dispute how many games you've actually seen him play, but hey you're entitled to your view.

Dalot is very overrated on here,don't know why people think he's great at this or that. If we're so good at crosses from the right whydo we need a RB and a RW?:smirk:
Tells someone that they are entitled to their opinion and then states his own opinion as a fact.

We need a RW because right wingers are not on the pitch for crossing only purposes.

We need a RB because right backs are not on the pitch for crossing only purposes.

You can count all the games where Shaw has represented United since his signing because i rarely miss a game. That would give you a number and the answer to your question which you wanna dispute.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I used to say such things but it's time to change mind and realize it's wrong. The job he done there is brilliant stuff.

He spent big but chose proper targets to improve the team, unlike other teams. *cough*us*cough*

He made them 97 points team with the possibility of reaching 2 CL final in a row. Tell anyone when he was hired that Liverpool will be ending a season with the ability to win the double or lose them with very fine margins and he would have laughed at you.

He's a crap character and his excuses are absolutely ridiculous but this job is brilliant. Even when he spent big he chose where to put the money. Sold their best players and used the money wisely to enforce places that costed him points previous seasons.

So what? Other managers have done the exact same under harsher circumstances. Just because United haven't doesn't mean that's the norm.

The ability to win the double? What if he fails to win anything again? His time at Liverpool is still yet to be marked by a trophy. I'm personally prepared to wait on the parade till he actually brings some silverware home to mark his time there. It's not like he is Pochettino, who has to work under genuine constraints, if you spend 170m in a single summer you should be expected to win trophies, not just get close.

I wouldn't have laughed at you had you told me Liverpool would be a success under Klopp. They brought in one of the world's top managers and then backed him superbly well in the transfer market, shock horror as he then does well.

He sold one of their best players. And it's hardly rocket science that they needed to sign a CB and a keeper.

Klopp is doing nothing that any top manager wouldn't do at Liverpool with big resources at their disposal. The potential was always there at the club, they just needed a top coach and then needed to give him genuine money, which they have. I don't see the need to romanticise his work there, he was 4th and not winning shit all until the spending started pouring in.

el3mel

So what? Other managers have done the exact same under harsher circumstances. Just because United haven't doesn't mean that's the norm.

The ability to win the double? What if he fails to win anything again? His time at Liverpool is still yet to be marked by a trophy. I'm personally prepared to wait on the parade till he actually brings some silverware home to mark his time there. It's not like he is Pochettino, who has to work under genuine constraints, if you spend 170m in a single summer you should be expected to win trophies, not just get close.

I wouldn't have laughed at you had you told me Liverpool would be a success under Klopp. They brought in one of the world's top managers and then backed him superbly well in the transfer market, shock horror as he then does well.

He sold one of their best players. And it's hardly rocket science that they needed to sign a CB and a keeper.

Klopp is doing nothing that any top manager wouldn't do at Liverpool with big resources at their disposal. The potential was always there at the club, they just needed a top coach and then needed to give him genuine money, which they have. I don't see the need to romanticise his work there, he was 4th and not winning shit all until the spending started pouring in.
Pretty much only City and Pool spent wisely in the premier league and it's showing in the current title race so no, the other managers don't.

Spending big means nothing unless you're spending wisely and know where you're going to put the money otherwise you'll end like United. He did brilliantly here. He had problems throwing their best player out and using the money to enforce the more urgent positions in the team. Many others would be hesitant to sell their best player and won't think from it that sometimes selling a top player is a must to build a proper side later on.

The fact he spent money well is something he should take credit for not the opposite.

Yeah if they fail to win anything, what's the problem ? You do realize if they don't win anything they'll be ending the season with 97 points league campaign and a CL semi final or a final at least which can be 2 CL finals in a row ? That's a magnificent season.

Give me that season at United the next year and I'll be over the moon.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern

I honestly don't know if it is as easy to purchase good players if you are not managing a top tier club like Real, Barca, Bayern or City. Most managers working at clubs a tier or two below have very hard time finding good players even when spending big, since most top tier talents do not want to go to those clubs. Not to discredit Poch, but he's had the privilege to have an individual as good as Harry Kane as a youth player coming through and playing for you lot. Poch has spent 324m since working for Spurs in 2014 and out of the 22 players he bought, I'd argue that "only" Son, Alli, Moura, Toby, Alli, Trippier and Dier have truly been really good buys. That's like 90m out of 324m Euros of players, and the majority of those have been bought at a time where prices weren't insane. There are very few managers that spend big AND have that good of a ROI. Klopp for instance has spent 447m Euros and out of those, Klavan, Grujic, Karius, Keita (who I think will be a guaranteed starter next season still) weren't good buys. That is like 370m out of 447m which is actually an insane record.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Pretty much only City and Pool spent wisely in the premier league and it's showing in the current title race so no, the other managers don't.

Spending big means nothing unless you're spending wisely and know where you're going to put the money otherwise you'll end like United. He did brilliantly here. He had problems throwing their best player out and using the money to enforce the more urgent positions in the team. Many others would be hesitant to sell their best player and won't think from it that sometimes selling a top player is a must to build a proper side later on.

The fact he spent money well is something he should take credit for not the opposite.

Yeah if they fail to win anything, what's the problem ? You do realize if they don't win anything they'll be ending the season with 97 points league campaign and a CL semi final or a final at least which can be 2 CL finals in a row ? That's a magnificent season.

Give me that season at United the next year and I'll be over the moon.

Uh, we've spent wisely. We just don't have 170m to throw at players in a summer. Most of the rest can't do that either, other than Chelsea who have won leagues due to their spending. They're struggling right now but only 2 seasons ago they were champions.

United fecked up their spending, we all know that. You appointed outdated managers and simply chucked money around. United deserve a lot of criticism for being inept, nobody is saying otherwise. Klopp had no choice but to sell Coutinho who was forcing his way out of the team, they got an absolute fortune for him (ripped barca off completely) and then reinvested all of that money with more on top. That's not 'brilliant' to me, that's just competent. Klopp wasn't in charge of negotiating the Coutinho fee, getting that much was what was brilliant.

He spent money well. Congratulations? I don't know what more you expect. He went out and broke records for players who were top performers. It wasn't rocket science or genius scouting, just good transfer policy.

What's the problem? Nothing. I'm just not going to sit here waxing lyrical about how amazing and genius Klopp is for spending 170m in a summer and getting close to glory. He'll have done well at the club but he still will have no trophies despite spending loads, that's the bottom line. Nobody is saying he would be a failure but he's not been working under really hard circumstances like other managers I could mention. He also hasn't actually finished on 97 points yet, and has Barcelona in the semi so we'll see.

Of course, because United have been miserable failures for the past few years considering your investment.

el3mel

Uh, we've spent wisely. We just don't have 170m to throw at players in a summer. Most of the rest can't do that either, other than Chelsea who have won leagues due to their spending. They're struggling right now but only 2 seasons ago they were champions.

United fecked up their spending, we all know that. You appointed outdated managers and simply chucked money around. United deserve a lot of criticism for being inept, nobody is saying otherwise. Klopp had no choice but to sell Coutinho who was forcing his way out of the team, they got an absolute fortune for him (ripped barca off completely) and then reinvested all of that money with more on top. That's not 'brilliant' to me, that's just competent. Klopp wasn't in charge of negotiating the Coutinho fee, getting that much was what was brilliant.

He spent money well. Congratulations? I don't know what more you expect. He went out and broke records for players who were top performers. It wasn't rocket science or genius scouting, just good transfer policy.

What's the problem? Nothing. I'm just not going to sit here waxing lyrical about how amazing and genius Klopp is for spending 170m in a summer and getting close to glory. He'll have done well at the club but he still will have no trophies despite spending loads, that's the bottom line. Nobody is saying he would be a failure but he's not been working under really hard circumstances like other managers I could mention. He also hasn't actually finished on 97 points yet, and has Barcelona in the semi so we'll see.

Of course, because United have been miserable failures for the past few years considering your investment.
You don't make sense, so if a club proves that spending money isn't all that you need to just succeed because you can spend and end up 6th then Klopp did nothing significant because he spent 170. Yeah he could have spent 170m and ended up challenging United for 6th if him and his club were as incompetent in the market, which means spending money alone isn't everything. You need to do where you put that money in otherwise you'll end like us.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I honestly don't know if it is as easy to purchase good players if you are not managing a top tier club like Real, Barca, Bayern or City. Most managers working at clubs a tier or two below have very hard time finding good players even when spending big, since most top tier talents do not want to go to those clubs. Not to discredit Poch, but he's had the privilege to have an individual as good as Harry Kane as a youth player coming through and playing for you lot. Poch has spent 324m since working for Spurs in 2014 and out of the 22 players he bought, I'd argue that "only" Son, Alli, Moura, Toby, Alli, Trippier and Dier have truly been really good buys. That's like 90m out of 324m EurosEuros of players, and the majority of those have been bought at a time where prices weren't insane. There are very few managers that spend big AND have that good of a ROI. Klopp for instance has spent 447m Euros and out of those, Klavan, Grujic, Karius, Keita (who I think will be a guaranteed starter next season still) weren't good buys. That is actually an insane record.
Uhh it is when you can go and sign the likes of Alisson and Van Djik who were basically sure things, hence the fact he had to break records to get them.

Pochettino has to sign from the bargain store, Klopp doesn't, so of course Klopp's 'hit' rate will be higher.

Also, Wanyama was a successful signing, as was Sanchez, Foyth, Sissoko, Llorente and Gazzaniga. All have easily earned their transfer fee as either squad players or players who have come good (Sissoko). Sanchez maybe the exception but he's still very young for a CB and is still a first team regular.

Klopp has signed well. But he's had the backing to go out and spend money on players with very high reputations, on very high wages, for massive transfer fees. It's much easier to have a high hit rate that way.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You don't make sense, so if a club proves that spending money isn't all that you need to just succeed because you can spend and end up 6th then Klopp did nothing significant because he spent 170. Yeah he could have spent 170m and ended up challenging United for 6th if him and his club were as incompetent in the market, which means spending money alone isn't everything. You need to do where you put that money in otherwise you'll end like us.

When did I say he did nothing significant? He's clearly been a success. Why do people feel the need to twist words, it's actually pathetic.

He's been a good manager for Liverpool and is a superb coach, one of the best in the world. But you don't deserve to be treated like a messiah when you have 170m to spend in a single summer and you spend that 170m partly on record breaking signings in certain positions. He's been backed, he's succeeded with that backing and it's job done. He's still yet to win a trophy though, not even a teeny tiny league cup, which somehow (and I swear you're one of these people) Poch gets criticised for despite having 1/10th of the resources Klopp has.

You'll end up like United if you have no long term plan or identity, Liverpool went with a long term coach and backed him.

el3mel

When did I say he did nothing significant? He's clearly been a success. Why do people feel the need to twist words, it's actually pathetic.

He's been a good manager for Liverpool and is a superb coach, one of the best in the world. But you don't deserve to be treated like a messiah when you have 170m to spend in a single summer and you spend that 170m partly on record breaking signings in certain positions. He's been backed, he's succeeded with that backing and it's job done. He's still yet to win a trophy though, not even a teeny tiny league cup, which somehow (and I swear you're one of these people) Poch gets criticised for despite having 1/10th of the resources Klopp has.

You'll end up like United if you have no long term plan or identity, Liverpool went with a long term coach and backed him.
Well, you should be when there's another club around who proved spending even 500m can still get you at 6th. Having money isn't everything, again. You simply don't make sense if you're slaughtering United for not having a long term plan and spent poorly in the market then thinking the improvement he did to Liverpool isn't as brilliant because he spent 170m. Could have spent even more than that and ended up 6th. He deserves praise for building the team on solid basis and using the money well.

I don't know what's Poch related to this. Look, you look so bitter as if you're jealous he's getting more praise than your manager or something. Surely you can't be feeling that way ?

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

If he fails to win anything this season, hopefully he'll still be around next season to have another go. It's quite obvious to everyone that Klopp doesn't prioritize domestic cup competitions, so I'd assume our owners are quite OK with that. Therefore, it's also quite obvious that the only 2 trophies we're likely to win this season, or for the foreseeable future, are the Champions League, & the Premier League, which given the strength of Manchester City is going to be quite difficult to win - as witnessed this season - whilst Pep is still manager. So it's a bit of a weak argument trying to point out the lack of trophies won by Klopp during his time at Anfield is a measure of his managerial abilities. If we'd won an FA Cup & a League Cup but struggled to make the top 4 would you hold him in higher esteem ? With the exception of Man City, I reckon nearly every fan in England, & probably in Europe too, would love to have him at their club. That's the real measure of the man, not some distorted opinion on a football forum claiming that it's money alone that has elevated his appeal & stock since taking over at Anfield. I'm pretty sure if Daniel Levy thought like you insofar that he could give Poch the funds that Klopp's been given he'd have Spurs up there slugging it out with City for the title, then he'd happily give your manager the keys to the vault. But he knows like everyone else, money by itself doesn't guarantee you success, or even progression.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Uhh it is when you can go and sign the likes of Alisson and Van Djik who were basically sure things, hence the fact he had to break records to get them.

Pochettino has to sign from the bargain store, Klopp doesn't, so of course Klopp's 'hit' rate will be higher.

Also, Wanyama was a successful signing, as was Sanchez, Foyth, Sissoko, Llorente and Gazzaniga. All have easily earned their transfer fee as either squad players or players who have come good (Sissoko). Sanchez maybe the exception but he's still very young for a CB and is still a first team regular.

Klopp has signed well. But he's had the backing to go out and spend money on players with very high reputations, on very high wages, for massive transfer fees. It's much easier to have a high hit rate that way.
Again, just my opinion, but VVD was a Southampton player after all and not a top tier CB talent like Varane, De Ligt, Koulibaly currently. Pool got absolutely skinned back then (not in hindsight). Which players would you consider truly high reputation players that he signed besides Alisson and maybe VVD? Salah was a good but not great talent, so was Mané, Ox, Robertson and whoever there is else. I am actually pretty sure that most of if not all of those players would have no problems playing for Spurs, whereas I doubt that someone like A. Sanchez (who I would consider a "safe transfer"), or those City transfers like KDB, Sane, Walker etc. were attainable for clubs like Pool or Spurs for that matter.

Last edited:

LaFuriaRoja

Supports
Liverpool Napoli Spain FCB ACM
I personally think it is just the way you look at it, Poch for all the things was supported in the transfer market till last season. The new stadium has tied the hands of Levy and I think Spurs have reached their peak and they will have to start selling players now. If you look at it, Liverpool during Benitez era had to sell before buying.

Also you need to see what Klopp did, Ibe for 15, Solanke for 21, Sakho for 25-30, Benteke for 28-30mn. That is practical clearing out to make funds for buying new players. It is rumored that Grujic is going too for 30-40 this year. I also think Ojo, Kent, Wilson, Mignolet, Origi will leave this season. So Klopp is again building a warchest of 80-100 mn from player sales. Added to that, the CL and PL revenues and a solid viable business model aids.

So, now you say that if Klopp spends another 150-200mn this year to buy a LB, CB, ACM and a Wide forward like Nicholas Pepe, Julian Brandt, Ben Chilwell/Tierney etc. He had a budget to outspend others. It is proper team management and raising funds and deploying them well.

Bale money got Spurs Lamela, Soldado, Capoue, Eriksen, Paulinho. So, only Eriksen worked out. We blew the Suarez money completely with Markovic, Balotelli, Lambert etc. But we learnt from it with Coutinho money and put it wisely. We did not get money from a sugar daddy, we sold out most prized asset and put it to good use.

If Harry Kane or Son or Eriksen is sold and you buy 2-4 players, would that mean huge transfer spending? I do not think so.

There were so many critics who said Klopp was a fool to let go of Coutinho mid-season.

Also every fan was laughing when we paid 34Mn for Mane, 39Mn for Salah or 29Mn for Firmino. It was not like we bought super stars.

I only hate teams that just get free flush of money and you slate is clean every transfer season. I buy Mangala, Otamendi and then say it is not good and go buy Mendy, Walker, Laporte, Stones and still say I do not a proper stable back line. I cannot switch from Joe Hart to Bravo to Ederson and still say we are a profitable business. City have had the luxury and Chelsea of the past that we, properly run football clubs do not have.

I dislike the oil clubs whose transfer policy is boosted by financial doping. In here, we are not talking a level playing field at all and that is what we are seeing now at a different level.

Penycwm

Supports
Newport County
Again, just my opinion, but VVD was a Southampton player after all and not a top tier CB talent like Varane, De Ligt, Koulibaly currently. Pool got absolutely skinned back then (not in hindsight). Which players would you consider truly high reputation players that he signed besides Alisson and maybe VVD? Salah was a good but not great talent, so was Mané, Ox, Robertson and whoever there is else. I am actually pretty sure that most of if not all of those players would have no problems playing for Spurs, whereas I doubt that someone like A. Sanchez (who I would consider a "safe transfer"), or those City transfers like KDB, Sane, Walker etc. were attainable for clubs like Pool or Spurs for that matter.
dont forget the 8m they spent on Robertson !!!!

Penycwm

Supports
Newport County
As a neutral, I think this is the best PL season, the lead has changed about 28 times, I understand that the game in hand helped this but it did (does) add to the excitement, Liverpool could lose this season losing only one match and by scoring a total that would have won every other PL season (except 17/18), both teams are also having a great run in the CL which only improves the rating of the PL.
I know this is a Man Utd site and I understand the rivalries but for all of the football fans that use this site its been a roller-coaster of a season.

Josh 76

As a neutral, I think this is the best PL season, the lead has changed about 28 times, I understand that the game in hand helped this but it did (does) add to the excitement, Liverpool could lose this season losing only one match and by scoring a total that would have won every other PL season (except 17/18), both teams are also having a great run in the CL which only improves the rating of the PL.
I know this is a Man Utd site and I understand the rivalries but for all of the football fans that use this site its been a roller-coaster of a season.
In a weird kind of way, it's been quite a boring title race. Both City and Liverpool just keep wining. No one is dropping any points to make it exciting. It's only changed hands so many times because they are playing at different times.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And the physical pain Squishy is in has not subsided today. :lol:

Sell fecking Kane for £200m and then Poch has a huge £200m warchest. :houllier::wenger:

zonaldefending

Liverpool Fan
The wisdom last season seemed to be that he is your #9, with Firmino the false 9 and Mane the inside forward. I know this is changed up sometimes but seems to be the setup most of the time
He is generally our most advanced player, and has played as a #9 at times this year, but he does still come in off of the right the majority of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.