Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, but it's comforting knowing there's lots worse off than us at the moment.
United may be in a far worse situation right now, but it must be a little worrying that even at their absolute worse, you're failing to catch up on them with regards to trophies.

They've won 3 (I think?) during their shit period, you've won zero under Klopp. Obviously a CL win would pretty much cancel all that out, so there is a lot riding on that game.

Liverpool have a lot of catching up to do with United .. you better get going quickly, because they won't be inept forever.

Shark

@NotShark
United may be in a far worse situation right now, but it must be a little worrying that even at their absolute worse, you're failing to catch up on them with regards to trophies.

They've won 3 (I think?) during their shit period, you've won zero under Klopp. Obviously a CL win would pretty much cancel all that out, so there is a lot riding on that game.

Liverpool have a lot of catching up to do with United .. you better get going quickly, because they won't be inept forever.
Wouldn't be so sure about that, at our current rate :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Teams top at Christmas over the last 10 years and their final position:

2008/09 – Liverpool – 2nd

2009/10 – Chelsea – 1st

2010/11 – Man United – 1st

2011/12 – Man City – 1st

2012/13 – Man United – 1st

2013/14 – Liverpool – 2nd

2014/15 – Chelsea – 1st

2015/16 – Leicester – 1st

2016/17 – Chelsea – 1st

2017/18 – Man City – 1st

2018/19 – Liverpool – 2nd

They just can’t get their hands on the title. 97 points and second. Madness.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Wouldn't be so sure about that, at our current rate :lol:
Eh, these things really can change very quickly. Liverpool were a mess for ages with a string of terrible appointments, one good one in Klopp and they're where they are now. Eventually it will click with United, and with your resources/pull you will be a force again.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

If trophies are the be-all & end-all, why have United sacked the last 2 managers who've been responsible for winning those trophies ? Besides, Klopp has quite blatantly set his stall out over the past 2 seasons in dissing the domestic competitions. So that just leaves the 2 big ones to go for. Seeing as we only fell short by one point in winning the league this season against the best ever Premiership side, & we're due to play your boys in the final of the other 'big one' in a couple of weeks time, then I'd say no, I'm not in the slightest bit worried about United right now. Why should I be ? By their own fans admission they're in a right mess. It ain't gonna be turned around during the summer, or even next season. Your team, & manager, give me far more cause for concern.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The mood at Liverpool is good. We now have the infrastructure now to build for another league challenge next season.

Three or four additions to the squad are expected. A few players will leave, of course.

City are ahead of us, their owners started the project ten years ago. Liverpool didn't quite get it right in the first few years under FSG, but since Klopp has arrived we are now back to top club status.

New training ground facilities should be completed in the next 12 months.

Contrast Anfield to Old Trafford's mood yesterday post match. :)
It's always 'Next Season' for this team.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Teams top at Christmas over the last 10 years and their final position:

2008/09 – Liverpool – 2nd

2009/10 – Chelsea – 1st

2010/11 – Man United – 1st

2011/12 – Man City – 1st

2012/13 – Man United – 1st

2013/14 – Liverpool – 2nd

2014/15 – Chelsea – 1st

2015/16 – Leicester – 1st

2016/17 – Chelsea – 1st

2017/18 – Man City – 1st

2018/19 – Liverpool – 2nd

They just can’t get their hands on the title. 97 points and second. Madness.
They just weren't good enough and others were better than them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If trophies are the be-all & end-all, why have United sacked the last 2 managers who've been responsible for winning those trophies ? Besides, Klopp has quite blatantly set his stall out over the past 2 seasons in dissing the domestic competitions. So that just leaves the 2 big ones to go for. Seeing as we only fell short by one point in winning the league this season against the best ever Premiership side, & we're due to play your boys in the final of the other 'big one' in a couple of weeks time, then I'd say no, I'm not in the slightest bit worried about United right now. Why should I be ? By their own fans admission they're in a right mess. It ain't gonna be turned around during the summer, or even next season. Your team, & manager, give me far more cause for concern.
Trophies aren't the be all and end all .. but when you're having a great period as a club like Liverpool and your rivals are struggling, you want to be catching up. It would be a bit disappointing if during their worst time and your best, they increased the trophy gap on you.

It might not be turned around now, or even next season, but again it won't last forever. If they recover and the gap has been made even larger in their favour, that would be pretty hilarious. Liverpool's gloating period in which their peak was getting to finals and finishing 2nd. That would be impressive if you were a club like us, but you're not ..you're easily the 2nd largest in the land.

Angry Virginian

Supports
Tottenham
There should be a new poll for this thread.

How many goals will Liverpool win CL Final by?

A. 2 Goals
B. 3 Goals
C. 4 Goals
4. 5 Goals or more.

DavidvsGoliath

I made sure to stay away a couple of days to avoid myself them winning the title.

Fine now I come back and it s somehow worse , I find that we lost to bloody Cardiff at home, our fans cheering for City and celebrating their title, meanwhile a few city fans shaming one of our club legends by throwing beer at him, jeez! I mean Liverpool can go to hell, but celebrating a rival title with a passion, the very same rival who pipped us with 95 min goal back in 2012, God what on earth is happening to this club?

Never I would celebrate them winning the title, on Bluemoon they call us the rags, the scum, and all sorts of names and are enjoying our downfall mocking us on a daily basis , never in my life I would celebrate their title ffs, those blue city fans and their plastic club *** can *** off as well, I m not a subordinate fan and never I will .

Mods please excuse my language and anger, but I feel so low right now, If our success is resumed to the celebration of city winning stuff, football of these days is definitely not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
An unmotivated Wolves team caused them trouble yesterday. What on earth can a fresh, fully-fit Spurs team cause them in ~3 weeks?

Make no mistake about it, they are shitting bricks about this final. They’d have preferred Ajax every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Spurs have the players, manager and system to suffocate their bum-rush style and Liverpool have no plan B so it’ll be very interesting to see how Klopp’s men cope.
Don't think so. fair enough most of us preferred Ajax over Spurs, but you should be ready to face much tougher clubs in the Champions League final anyway. it's not like we're going to face City or Juve.

And, you might not believe but, we have got 3 weeks to prepare too. Just saying.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
An unmotivated Wolves team caused them trouble yesterday. What on earth can a fresh, fully-fit Spurs team cause them in ~3 weeks?

Make no mistake about it, they are shitting bricks about this final. They’d have preferred Ajax every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Spurs have the players, manager and system to suffocate their bum-rush style and Liverpool have no plan B so it’ll be very interesting to see how Klopp’s men cope.
You love to WUM in this thread. :lol:

Posh Red

Funny how the English media are up in arms about Man City’s spending all of a sudden :lol: where have they been for the last ten years? Guess it didn’t matter when it was at United’s expense. Also just heard on Talk Sport that a video of City players singing a song mocking Liverpool has made the news. Looks like the smear campaign is in full force now.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Don't think so. fair enough most of us preferred Ajax over Spurs, but you should be ready to face much tougher clubs in the Champions League final anyway. it's not like we're going to face City or Juve.

And, you might not believe but, we have got 3 weeks to prepare too. Just saying.

No, you're facing the team that knocked out City and knocked out the team that played with Juve.

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
No, you're facing the team that knocked out City and knocked out the team that played with Juve.
Don't get me wrong, not underestimating Spurs at all. I'm just saying there is no reason we'd be 'shitting bricks about this final'. I was really excited before the last year's final against Real, shouldn't be any different this season.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
We knocked out Barcelona and have also played Bayern, PSG & Napoli. Previous opponents mean nothing when you get to the final, as we discovered last year. Knocked out the centurions and still lost. :(

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Funny how the English media are up in arms about Man City’s spending all of a sudden :lol: where have they been for the last ten years? Guess it didn’t matter when it was at United’s expense. Also just heard on Talk Sport that a video of City players singing a song mocking Liverpool has made the news. Looks like the smear campaign is in full force now.
Have you heard the lyrics to the song? They make reference to Kompany injuring Salah and Liverpool fans getting battered. Even if the song wasn't referencing Sean Cox, the Liverpool fan who was assaulted at Anfield before the UCL Semi-final last season and has only just recently woken up from a coma, it's in pretty poor taste and shows just how classless they are.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
We knocked out Barcelona and have also played Bayern, PSG & Napoli. Previous opponents mean nothing when you get to the final, as we discovered last year. Knocked out the centurions and still lost. :(
Yip, I'd still make you favourites though.

I do think Kane needs to play (and be fit) for Spurs to challenge. I don't see Liverpool defending vs Moura like Ajax did.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think you win that final if Salah stays on the pitch .. oh and if Karius doesn't have a fecking meltdown. You certainly weren't played off the field, finals can be a bit of a lottery for sure.

The point is that we're a very capable team in one off games.

Posh Red

Have you heard the lyrics to the song? They make reference to Kompany injuring Salah and Liverpool fans getting battered. Even if the song wasn't referencing Sean Cox, the Liverpool fan who was assaulted at Anfield before the UCL Semi-final last season and has only just recently woken up from a coma, it's in pretty poor taste and shows just how classless they are.
Honestly mate I hadn’t. I apologise in that case. My post was meant mainly as banter but that’s pretty classless as you say.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And a team that lost 13 league games.

Liverpool certainly won't underestimate you.
Who cares? We very clearly fecked off the league in favour of Europe due to our squad depth. We also suffered horrible injury issues this season but should be fully fit by the final.

Liverpool are the better side but if we can beat City over two legs minus Kane, Sissoko (for a good while), Winks etc, we can certainly beat you in a one off game when fully fit.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And we're grateful. ;)

Maybe you will be, who knows. Not sure you can really be grateful when you haven't yet won.

You certainly shouldn't be grateful to us for knocking out Ajax, they were tailor made for you and you would have ripped them to pieces on the counter.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I think you win that final if Salah stays on the pitch .. oh and if Karius doesn't have a fecking meltdown. You certainly weren't played off the field, finals can be a bit of a lottery for sure.

The point is that we're a very capable team in one off games.
Yeah of course. You played us off the park in the second half at Anfield as well so I'm wary of that.

You've been really up and down in 2019 so we'll see which Spurs shows up.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Your fans literally used the deaths of 39 innocent people - which they themselves caused - to points-score in a Merseyside derby against Everton, who lost out on European football in 1986 because of your atrocities in Heysel the year before.

Get the feck out of here with this ‘classless’ nonsense. Your club has left the biggest stain on English football and by a wide margin, too.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Honestly mate I hadn’t. I apologise in that case. My post was meant mainly as banter but that’s pretty classless as you say.
Fair one. Just read the full lyrics on the Echo website...
"Crying in the stands, battered on the streets
Kompany injured Salah, victims of it all"
are just two of the lines. Horrible fecking club

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
All the way to Kiev,
To end up in defeat,
Crying in the stands,
And battered on the streets,
Kompany injured Salah,
Victims of it all,
Sterling won the double,
The Scousers won f*** all,
Allez, allez, allez x2

Possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever heard in my life. Absolutely shocking.

Never mind a 1-year CL ban for FFP. They should double it for this.

(PS. Wasn't sure but are you saying they DID reference Cox or didnt?)

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

Your fans literally used the deaths of 39 innocent people - which they themselves caused - to points-score in a Merseyside derby against Everton, who lost out on European football in 1986 because of your atrocities in Heysel the year before.

Get the feck out of here with this ‘classless’ nonsense. Your club has left the biggest stain on English football and by a wide margin, too.
You do know that people went to prison for what happened at Heysel? It's not ok for banners like that to be used, but using Heysel as a point scoring exercise as if the perpetrators got away with it is as daft as what's going on in the image you've posted, as is determining that every single Liverpool fan in the world has to shoulder the blame for it.

Am I supposed to shoulder the guilt for Heysel because some idiots who happen to support the same football team as I do did something terrible?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah of course. You played us off the park in the second half at Anfield as well so I'm wary of that.

You've been really up and down in 2019 so we'll see which Spurs shows up.
Tell me about it. You honestly wouldn't know Spurs in the second half vs Ajax was the same team which turned up in the first.

I don't think we're that dissimilar from you last season, a side who clearly have some dangerous starting players and play with serious intensity, so in a cup format can be very dangerous. But also lack consistency at league level and have some dodgy players in the starting XI which may stop us going all the way.

Hopefully we do what you did and patch up those gaps in the summer transfer window.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

At no point have I said that our fans are angel's and some are downright cnuts but that doesn't excuse the Man City players, employees of the club, doing that.
I'm not going to get into a 'your club did this, their club did that' as we've all got fans that do shit stuff but I didn't see the players of Liverpool referencing Heysel in any derogatory way

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Tell me about it. You honestly wouldn't know Spurs in the second half vs Ajax was the same team which turned up in the first.

I don't think we're that dissimilar from you last season, a side who clearly have some dangerous starting players and play with serious intensity, so in a cup format can be very dangerous. But also lack consistency at league level and have some dodgy players in the starting XI which may stop us going all the way.

Hopefully we do what you did and patch up those gaps in the summer transfer window.
It only takes two really good signings to improve things. Van Dijk & Alisson completely transformed our defense so there's no reason why that can't happen with Spurs.

You've already got a top draw goal scorer in Kane.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It only takes two really good signings to improve things. Van Dijk & Alisson completely transformed our defense so there's no reason why that can't happen with Spurs.

You've already got a top draw goal scorer in Kane.

Problem is we simply will never go out and spend 75m on a cb or 60 odd on a keeper, the club just won't do that. Nor would they pay the kind of wages those two are on.

Obviously you don't necessarily have to spend that kind of money to improve the team, but it certainly helps when you're able to shop at the top table, otherwise you're taking more of a gamble.

I do think we need to start behaving more like a consistent CL team in the transfer market. We still shop like a team in the Europa League and that needs to change.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
What’s this all about?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Problem is we simply will never go out and spend 75m on a cb or 60 odd on a keeper, the club just won't do that. Nor would they pay the kind of wages those two are on.

Obviously you don't necessarily have to spend that kind of money to improve the team, but it certainly helps when you're able to shop at the top table, otherwise you're taking more of a gamble.

I do think we need to start behaving more like a consistent CL team in the transfer market. We still shop like a team in the Europa League and that needs to change.
You probably won’t, no, but it’ll be interesting to see what you do when the transfer window opens. You’d think that consistent CL qualification, now a final even and the new stadium is a big incentive for your owners to spend to consolidate your status as a big club. And considering you spent nothing last season, you should have the money to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.