Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

St Red

KRAP
:lol: All the proof but I don't care because I never saw it.
I've already condemned that video.

Typical Caf behaviour.
Misinterpret a post, then hold onto it like a rabid dog trying to provoke a reaction to have a nasty opposition fan banned.
Or, you really are so dumb that you just didn't understand my original point?

St Red

KRAP
Yeah mate, thanks for asking though. As if that would make me less of a fan :lol:
It would explain why you appear to be failing to understand what my original point was.

You then threw in your ridiculous racism analogy, but as long as it keeps you popular on here eh?

St Red

KRAP
Given your recent posts, the more pertinent question is have you ever been to a Liverpool match?
:lol:
Never.

I just made it all up about us singing songs about or own team, and City/Everton/Utd singing about Liverpool when they're playing Fulham.

:houllier:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I've already condemned that video.

Typical Caf behaviour.
Misinterpret a post, then hold onto it like a rabid dog trying to provoke a reaction to have a nasty opposition fan banned.
Or, you really are so dumb that you just didn't understand my original point?
:lol: WTF are you on. Your posts doesn't make any sense. Now not even sure what exactly is your point, you are just rambling now.

I literally have never heard Liverpool fans sing about another team other than when we're actually playing them though.
This was your post and I gave you proof of Liverpool fans chanting about Munich when they were not playing ManUtd, also some banners when playing different teams.

roonster09

Scout
It would explain why you appear to be failing to understand what my original point was.

You then threw in your ridiculous racism analogy, but as long as it keeps you popular on here eh?
fecking hell, this is something else. :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
:lol:
Never.

I just made it all up about us singing songs about or own team, and City/Everton/Utd singing about Liverpool when they're playing Fulham.

:houllier:
Cheers, thanks for admitting it.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

So then what is your original point exactly?

I'm not saying we're better than other fans but we do focus on our own team, as opposed to others, who sing about other teams when they're not playing?

And I personally have never seen or heard Liverpool fans singing about other teams at Anfield..... So? I've never personally seen Spurs fans being racist at WHL or Wembley yet I'm sure there are a few absolute morons who have done it and wouldn't think that my experience is representative of everyone else's.

So what exactly is your point?

St Red

KRAP
So what exactly is your point?
Originally, about City fans and players singing about Liverpool when they'd just won the league, and that I've not heard us singing about other teams unless playing them. I likened it to Everton singing Blue Moon at your place on Sunday.

Predictably a Google search was done to produce an example to the contrary.

I never said it has never happened, and should probably have said "We generally dont sing songs about other teams unless we're playing them, but obviously there will be an example available on Google showing it has been done on the odd occasion"

roonster09

Scout
Originally, about City fans and players singing about Liverpool when they'd just won the league, and that I've not heard us singing about other teams unless playing them. I likened it to Everton singing Blue Moon at your place on Sunday.

Predictably a Google search was done to produce an example to the contrary.

I never said it has never happened, and should probably have said "We generally dont sing songs about other teams unless we're playing them, but obviously there will be an example available on Google showing it has been done on the odd occasion"
So problem is not Liverpool fans singing, problem was someone posting the proofs?

Btw do you agree that Liverpool fans sing about other clubs even when they are not playing against that team?

montpelier

This is quality from @St Red tbf.

Accusation: LFC fans have a tendency to whine about what other fans do while wittering on about how they great they are & don't do stuff.

Examples of LFC 'doing stuff' are provided, possibly different stuff, possibly historical.

Defence: this remains that LFC fans are great & don't do stuff. With some whining about what other fans do.

But a more nuanced argument is around whether their hardcore supporters are more bound into an overall philosophy than others at other clubs. Or as I was trying to say earlier, is almost part of the clubs DNA. City of Liverpool economically & politically & then Hillsborough. Distrust of authority, automatic denial of everything always.

On the more positive side you get more fervent support & the YAWN solidarity that can be tapped into. Other clubs have lost a lot of this.

St Red

KRAP
Btw do you agree that Liverpool fans sing about other clubs even when they are not playing against that team?
Well given that you posted a video and I watched the start of it, I'd have to say yes.

Enjoy your (short) close season.

roonster09

Scout
Well given that you posted a video and I watched the start of it, I'd have to say yes.

Enjoy your (short) close season.
:lol: Yeah you really hit where it hurts.

At least you are out of the bubble. that's a start.

St Red

KRAP
:lol: Yeah you really hit where it hurts.

At least you are out of the bubble. that's a start.
I agreed with you. even though you've spectacularly missed the context of my original post.
Let it go, you'll feel better.

roonster09

Scout
I agreed with you. even though you've spectacularly missed the context of my original post.
Let it go, you'll feel better.
:lol: Feel better?

I didn't miss the context. It was simple case of wearing rose tinted specs, which at least were off for a second.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not really true.
I literally have never heard Liverpool fans sing about another team other than when we're actually playing them though.
Utd and Everton fans regularly sang about Liverpool in the past when playing unrelated teams, Everton fans waving City flags and singing Blue Moon when playing Spurs ffs.
City appear to be attempting to join the rivalry, they're like the fat kid in the playground who no-one wants in their team.
But it is, you are making out like there would be some special reason we'd want you as rivals. There really isnt.

A few partying players singing about you means feck all. Do you think thats the only song they sang on the way back. I guarantee there were more united songs sang all season, and on the plane where the contoversy started. Its a song and banter, not a very nice one but not nearly as bad as pool fans are making out.

Again saying were trying to create a rivalry with you when we dont give a shit really. Thats a false sense of importance. As i said earlier if its chelsea who are above/below us next season the fans will prob sing about them.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Oh come on. Do you think there is not worse sang in every dressing room, party by drunken players about rivals. Players shouldn't get involved in tribalism, this is a club whose supporters smashed up a bus they were on before a major CL game just over a year ago, and than have the audacity to cry about them singing a song.
All depends which way you look at it I suppose. If you believe that some dickheads throwing missiles at your team's coach can be justified by mocking an injury to one of our players, & violent attacks on Liverpool supporters, (bearing in mind there's nothing to suggest - other than your word of course - that it wasn't related to Sean Cox) then I suggest you need to grab yourself a large glass of perspective juice. There's lots of ways you could have written funny songs ridiculing us without stepping into the gutter. My favourite one is United's Ji Park Sung one....Brilliant, & very funny. City fans are generally not noted for a large repertoire of witty songs, so maybe we need to show some slack towards your players. After all they haven't got much to work with really. & considering the brutal human rights record of your owners, maybe we also need to give you guys a bit of leeway. 'Violence is golden' in the UAE apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...uman-rights-man-city-jailing-british-academic

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-me...coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All depends which way you look at it I suppose. If you believe that some dickheads throwing missiles at your team's coach can be justified by mocking an injury to one of our players, & violent attacks on Liverpool supporters, (bearing in mind there's nothing to suggest - other than your word of course - that it wasn't related to Sean Cox) then I suggest you need to grab yourself a large glass of perspective juice. There's lots of ways you could have written funny songs ridiculing us without stepping into the gutter. My favourite one is United's Ji Park Sung one....Brilliant, & very funny. City fans are generally not noted for a large repertoire of witty songs, so maybe we need to show some slack towards your players. After all they haven't got a much to work with really. & considering the brutal human rights record of your owners, maybe we also need to give you guys a bit of leeway. 'Violence is golden' in the UAE apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...uman-rights-man-city-jailing-british-academic

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-me...coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06
Come on now, you're better than this. It's just some footballers brainlessly repeating the lyrics of a song they picked up from their fans. It's those who came up with the lyrics in the first place who have poor taste, unless you're suggesting that the City players purposely wanted to mock a Liverpool fan just after they were crowned champions.

I agree that the lyrics of the song are in poor taste and reprehensible, but I don't blame the City players much for that other than probably a lack of awareness which shouldn't come as a surprise when we're talking about professional football players.

redman5

Come on now, you're better than this. It's just some footballers brainlessly repeating the lyrics of a song they picked up from their fans. It's those who came up with the lyrics in the first place who have poor taste, unless you're suggesting that the City players purposely wanted to mock a Liverpool fan just after they were crowned champions.

I agree that the lyrics of the song are in poor taste and reprehensible, but I don't blame the City players much for that other than probably a lack of awareness which shouldn't come as a surprise when we're talking about professional football players.
We heard something similar when United players sang about 'winning it 3 times without killing anyone' after winning the CL final in 2008. So let's not kid ourselves the players don't understand the context of the lyrics. Ignorance is not an excuse. Isn't that what we're often told ?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We heard something similar when United players sang about 'winning it 3 times without killing anyone' after winning the CL final in 2008. So let's not kid ourselves the players don't understand the context of the lyrics. Ignorance is not an excuse. Isn't that what we're often told ?
It obviously is not an excuse, no. And what you described is a bit more clear-cut and not open to interpretation for me.

I just hate that people take offence to so much these days or are publically outraged about everything that might be offensive. Shrug your shoulders and move on, just think you're better than those people.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Not heard about the United players singing that, not saying it didn’t happen but I thought I’d would have definitely heard about that. The fans yeah, players I’m not so sure.

montpelier

I'm not sure football fans as a collective block ever really think through what is proportionate/justified as retaliation (song lyrically) tbh,

more about going with the material close to hand usually I reckon

redman5

It obviously is not an excuse, no. And what you described is a bit more clear-cut and not open to interpretation for me.

I just hate that people take offence to so much these days or are publically outraged about everything that might be offensive. Shrug your shoulders and move on, just think you're better than those people.
TBH mate it's the hypocrisy, & so-called justification, for singing the song that riles me. You'd never hear the end of it if it was Liverpool fans/players who sang about oppo players getting injured, & supporters getting 'battered in the streets'. The song itself is shit. I could write a better one for City fans in about 2 minutes. Maybe they should enlist the help of the Gallagher brothers for their songs. Come to think of it, their songs are shit too.

We've never conquered Europe, but we're very, very, rich
We laugh at Man United, because they're our little bitch.
The Scousers have won nothing, since forever & a day,
Their trophy cabinet's empty, & all they do is sing is Allez...
Allez, allez, allez

Easy peasy.

padr81

Supports
Man City
All depends which way you look at it I suppose. If you believe that some dickheads throwing missiles at your team's coach can be justified by mocking an injury to one of our players, & violent attacks on Liverpool supporters, (bearing in mind there's nothing to suggest - other than your word of course - that it wasn't related to Sean Cox) then I suggest you need to grab yourself a large glass of perspective juice. There's lots of ways you could have written funny songs ridiculing us without stepping into the gutter. My favourite one is United's Ji Park Sung one....Brilliant, & very funny. City fans are generally not noted for a large repertoire of witty songs, so maybe we need to show some slack towards your players. After all they haven't got much to work with really. & considering the brutal human rights record of your owners, maybe we also need to give you guys a bit of leeway. 'Violence is golden' in the UAE apparently.

I never said it was class or anything or even clever. In fact I said the song was stupid just harmless and not as bad as the crying scouser reaction warranted. How you guys can still cling to the Sean Cox thing when the lyrics have been posted is beyond me, the entire song is about one night in Kiev. It's not justified at all and I actually believe the club should have put an apology in their statement defending the players. Something like "the song was not about Sean Cox or Hillsborough but we would like to offer our apologies to anyone offended by it".

The fact that a minority of supporters singing and a 15 players or so singing a song is such a big issue to those who post stuff of RAWK like "the bus attack wasn't that bad" etc.. is the issue, its the usual double standards with an element (not all of Liverpool support. Attacking a bus full of people = not that bad, singing a song about people getting attacked = crime that should see us docked 52 points. Double standards because its the mighty Liverpool on the receiving end. They cry about the victim comment relating to Hillsborough because of headlines at the time. But the reality is people use "victim" now because that same support try and use everything to gain sympathy by linking it to Hillsborough (which is disgusting and sad) and Sean Cox.

Here's a glass of perspective juice based on how you look at it: Carrying out violence will always be a lot worse than singing about violence (which is very stupid too). Your support attacking a bus and really trying to injure our players (a meeting that had flyers and everything and your club allowed to happen) is worse than singing about one of your players getting injured (he didn't get injured, Kompany missed) you need to stop drinking the Anfield kool aid. Also have you ever read RAWK the place is constantly wishing injuries on other players, death too so that makes their crying all the funnier.

And turning to our owners because you are clutching at straws in the point you were trying to debate. Yes our owners are absolute shithouses, I've said that since day 1. I have zero doubt what kind of person Mansour is either. I've been open about this in my entire time on this board. I've also openly said they have been good owners for Manchester City while I've openly called City out on many of the issues associated with them and that the club allow them to bring. Would I rather other owners, absolutely.

Seeing as you care so much about human rights, I hope you've already started one of those petitions you Liverpool fans are so fond of to have Standard Charter removed from anything to do with your club and if necessary you'd be quite happy to go without shirt sponsorship money for 4 years because https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...eylaundering-and-terrorism-fine-36719545.html People in glass houses and all that, I'd expect some roundabout excuse about how being owned by monsters is worse than just intentionally sleeping with one.

Truth is the usual minority of Liverpool supporters don't know they are sponsored by the same company who sponsor Iran and terrorism because they are too busy playing the victims over a song, digging up 10 year old social media posts from players they are about to play or destroying Barcelona whilst pushing old men into fountains.

You don't see it but this is exactly why people talk about your complex and laugh at Liverpool. The fact the media have jumped on this far more than the bus attack because of Anfield outrage, or the state of Barcelona when you left is why most people find you guys quite sad. As Robin said drunken players singing a song is nothing. Ill advised, very dumb but I can well understand why they didn't care but as with everything Liverpool 2+2 = 657 and the world is out to make fun of Sean Cox and Hillsborough.

I will also say kudos to your actual club if not your support (a minority of) who have made absolutely nothing of this because they know its absolutely nothing other than a few drunk players singing a song.

HAZMANU

I genuinely think Tottenham will beat the dippers and will be having a few quid on them to do it.
And we'll be having a bit of a sing song after the game as you can imagine :)

Last edited by a moderator:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Do people think liverpool will beat spurs comfortably or it will be another close game ?
Close game but I think Liverpool will be a little too strong. Both teams play to their potential and Liverpool win narrowly. If Liverpool aren't at their best Spurs have a massive chance.

Kapardin

Close game but I think Liverpool will be a little too strong. Both teams play to their potential and Liverpool win narrowly. If Liverpool aren't at their best Spurs have a massive chance.
Obviously it being a CL final they will likely be up for it, but if on the off chance they play like they did against us at OT, Spurs will actually win comfortably. Still can't believe they were that bad against us in what was one of their best seasons and our worst.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Obviously it being a CL final they will likely be up for it, but if on the off chance they play like they did against us at OT, Spurs will actually win comfortably. Still can't believe they were that bad against us in what was one of their best seasons and our worst.
Yeah as if :lol: If Spurs play like in the 13 defeats they had in the league, it'll be a no contest either...

Both teams will be raring to go, but if they both play at the peak of their powers, Liverpool should simply be the better, more dominant team.

Kapardin

Yeah as if :lol: If Spurs play like in the 13 defeats they had in the league, it'll be a no contest either...

Both teams will be raring to go, but if they both play at the peak of their powers, Liverpool should simply be the better, more dominant team.
Actually, it could be a no contest (in your favor) if Spurs play at their best and you do as well. Which is why we were discussing the unlikely possibility of you playing at your worst and Spurs at their best. But I don't necessarily disagree with what you said.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think it's going to be an easy game for us. I think we will have to grind it out if we want a victory. No domination. With a couple weeks to prepare for both teams, it's anyone's game. I'm definitely nervous.

Treble

True but sometimes that's not enough to win as luck may help the opposition.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think if Liverpool are at 90% they win. They will have to have one of those days where Salah is a little too greedy and things just start to build up from there. The problem is we can't rely on Spurs to turn up either. They might be magnificent or they might be shite. I think if they played 10 times it'd be something like 5 Liverpool, 2 Spurs and 3 draws which could go either way in a final. I would say the longer the game goes at 0-0 the better Spurs chances but Liverpool have been great at getting the job done late on this season. For me, Spurs need to score first to give themselves something to hold to when their backs are against the wall.

Also think it will be a great game if Poch sends Spurs out to go toe to toe.

Dansk

34 years since Heysel today and LFC have made a public statement:

On May 29, 1985, defending European Champions Liverpool and Cup Winners Cup holders Juventus were to meet at the Heysel Stadium, Brussels, in the 30th European Cup Final.

The events that took place before kick-off in Block Z of the stadium turned the dream final into a nightmare: thirty-nine fans - mostly Juventus supporters - tragically lost their lives and hundreds more were injured.

May 29 will forever be a day of solemn remembrance for Liverpool FC, Juventus FC and the entire football family.
The events that took place before kick-off in Block Z
That's some serious hand-washing, isn't it? While I won't go into whether or not what happened is indicative of Liverpool fans or just the English hooliganism of the 80s, there's little room for debate on the fact that LFC as a club never really took responsibility. To this day, describing the disaster as "the events that took place" is frankly unpalatable.

Raw

I thought I'd be able to handle them winning it but nope. This almost hurts as much as 2005 because of how far behind we are as a team.

They've done well to learn from their mistakes. Proper Mourinho-esque performance from them.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
They deserved a major trophy this season. No complaints, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.