Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulksmash

They have been sensational this season. They embarrassed Barca and at nou clamp outplayed them despite losing 3:0. They embarrassed Bayern.

They are the deserved winners. Huge credit to pep how he beat them in the league

I turned it off the moment the penalty went in. It's a horrible feeling, but they've been excellent this season and deserve something to show for it, though I'd prefer it to have been the League Cup!

We have to go to bed tonight knowing they have twice as many European Cups as we do. Terrible.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They deserved a major trophy this season. No complaints, no problem.
I have a huge number of complaints and problems with them winning the CL but yes, your underlying point is correct.

They're too good a side not to win a major trophy. In fact we were rather lucky they didn't win the PL as well as the CL. Which is an indication of how shit living in the same world as an excellent Liverpool team could be.

AJ10

Game was over when spurs spurs'd it in the first few mins.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Funny unrelated thing is that in the last 6 UCL seasons Bayern have lost to the eventual winners 5 times now :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They're certainly an excellent team. Too good not to eventually win a major trophy. The way they've rebuilt themselves should be a model for ourselves to follow too.

That's about as fair as I can be.

siw2007

They’ve been building up to this for 3 years. As lame as they were when Rodgers got sacked, they’ve been pretty awesome under Klopp. They have just got better and better and as much as I would have preferred them to lose this match, I can’t begrudge them the victory in the competition this year.

Treble

Unimpressive final but a very impressive season and a deserved win. Good that they didn't win the PL. Given those 97 pts and the comeback against Barca, it would have elevated them up there with Fergie's best sides.

Paul_Scholes18

This bloody hurts so much after our crap season :(. City and Liverpool taking all the titles and we look rubbish. Not seeing things going in a different direction either. Liverpool got a fairly young team that could get even better.
City with Pep are not going to decline. We need much better management and quality players in to reach that level. Without champions league I don't see us getting the quality we need to challenge so it is City vs Liverpool again next season :(.

Raw

They're certainly an excellent team. Too good not to eventually win a major trophy. The way they've rebuilt themselves should be a model for ourselves to follow too.

That's about as fair as I can be.
If it were a team that wasn't our biggest rivals I'd give them a lot of respect for what they've done. Turned a pathetic team into an elite team by being almost flawless with their transfers, and allowing a top manager to bring his philosophy to action. Even when selling their best players they still manage to buy ones that work almost immediately and they do it with a low net spend.

But it's Liverpool. Feck em. I hope they crash and burn next season, and the following seasons.

Paul_Scholes18

DESERVED. Other competitors were shit though
It is easy to keep saying that since we don't want Liverpool to be good. The truth is two champions league finals in a row is no fluke. They are among the best right now and is going to be top 3 favorites next season too :(.
I did have a bad feeling from the start they would go all the way this year with Real and Barca not being the forces they have been. Sadly it did happen even though they struggled in the group.

BlueHaze

Wouldn't surprise me if the feckers have another very close title challenge next year and go to yet another CL final. Klopp has really transformed them from a banter club to an absolute power house. It makes it ten times worse that we are in such a horrible period but whatever, it is what it is.

El Zoido

They will win the league next season. Bank on it.

3 times in a row is exceptionally hard and nobody else in the league is anywhere near the top two.

Winrar

What pains me even more is they at least ostensibly have the foundations for success in the next few years or so and if they keep up their performance this season they will eventually win the PL as well in those years, which is amplified by the fact that we are currently going nowhere.

If such team wasn't Liverpool I would even admire them for what they have done in the last couple of years bringing and sticking with a manager and his philosophy through tougher times and even ran City (who at this point is a footballing juggernaut) close for the title, which was what we were supposed to do last season and failed miserably.

My hope is they eventually go through a 14/15 Dortmund style meltdown under Klopp, but that doesn't seem too likely in the immediate future.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Was funny to see Henderson lift a trophy as a captain :lol::(

AshRK

Hate them but well done. They have worked for last 3 years to reach here. You look at them, their is unity. Players who care about playing for this club. Won't be long before City also wins a CL.

Paul_Scholes18

Wouldn't surprise me if the feckers have another very close title challenge next year and go to yet another CL final. Klopp has really transformed them from a banter club to an absolute power house. It makes it ten times worse that we are in such a horrible period but whatever, it is what it is.
Right now it is hard to see anyone beating City or Liverpool next season. Chelsea will sell Hazard so they are going to decline for sure. Not seeing them having the money to bring in players that can make them challenge. Spurs didn't spend much this season and I doubt they will next season. A Kane in great form and they could do alright, but not seeing them being good enough. Arsenal have no chance to challenge.
Then it is us. I like to hope we can challenge, but the brain says no. We should have the money to bring in great attacking players, but I doubt we will nail our transfers even if we spend big.

A smaller team like Everton could potentially improve a lot with a good striker since they got a decent foundation. Although a title is hard to see, but they might beat us, Chelsea and Arsenal though.

Paul_Scholes18

How can you watch that unless you are a Liverpool supporter? I turned my tv off early it just hurt to watch them too much. Rather just moan here having watched as little as I could. Then forget this bloody season and look forward to next one after a break.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How can you watch that unless you are a Liverpool supporter? I turned my tv off early it just hurt to watch them too much. Rather just moan here having watched as little as I could. Then forget this bloody season and look forward to next one after a break.
I turned it off too but it's everywhere on social media. Hard to ignore really.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Can’t believe how shite they were tonight. Fair play for still getting the result. feck them still.

Skills

Snitch
What pains me even more is they at least ostensibly have the foundations for success in the next few years or so and if they keep up their performance this season they will eventually win the PL as well in those years, which is amplified by the fact that we are currently going nowhere.

If such team wasn't Liverpool I would even admire them for what they have done in the last couple of years bringing and sticking with a manager and his philosophy through tougher times and even ran City (who at this point is a footballing juggernaut) close for the title, which was what we were supposed to do last season and failed miserably.

My hope is they eventually go through a 14/15 Dortmund style meltdown under Klopp, but that doesn't seem too likely in the immediate future.
You mean losing multiple finals? Because that's the tough times they've had. Apart from that they've improved a ton every season in results and performance, and this season just felt inevitable after the way they ended last year.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's a shame that none of our players are as capable of lifting a CL trophy.
Even DDG, who is normally top notch was average in the closing stages of the season.
In talent, some of our players would get into the LFC team, but when you add heart, desire, passion, the ability run yourself into the ground, I don't think any of our players are good enough.

It's so frustrating to see our rivals fight for every point, in every game and now win the CL, while we have no hope of coming close to that sort of thing for at least a few years.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Can’t believe how shite they were tonight. Fair play for still getting the result. feck them still.
Agreed on all points.
But you need to consider that the CL trophy is about playing well across all the rounds, not just in the final game.
It could be argued that LFC's final was in the semi. Once they got through that, they knew they could cost to win the final, against Spurs, who have a proven history of bottling finals.

You mean losing multiple finals? Because that's the tough times they've had. Apart from that they've improved a ton every season in results and performance, and this season just felt inevitable after the way they ended last year.
Klopp was backed, though.
He wanted the most expensive GK in the World, as his current one (which I think he bought), was not good enough. He got what he wanted.
He then wanted the most expensive CB. He got him.
Our manager asked for a CB and the DoF said that our current CBs (Smalling, Jones, Rojo), were good enough or better than defenders which Jose was asking for. And this after we had just got 2nd place in the league and could've gone a step further this season.

MAME DIOUF 32

34 years since Heysel today and LFC have made a public statement:

That's some serious hand-washing, isn't it? While I won't go into whether or not what happened is indicative of Liverpool fans or just the English hooliganism of the 80s, there's little room for debate on the fact that LFC as a club never really took responsibility. To this day, describing the disaster as "the events that took place" is frankly unpalatable.
Vile.

Winrar

Klopp finished 8th in his first season in addition to losing those finals. Even then you could see glimpses of his philosophy at works, and have since worked to iron out deficiencies in his squad and stick with what worked.

Aside from that I agree with your sentiment, and was kind of a point I was making in the first place anyways.

Skills

Snitch
Klopp finished 8th in his first season in addition to losing those finals. Even then you could see glimpses of his philosophy at works.

Aside from that I agree with your sentiment, and was kind of a point I was making in the first place anyways.
He took over at Christmas and they decided to put their eggs in the Europa League basket. That's why they finished 8th.

It's why Mourinho finished 6th with a team he took over in 5th place and spent another 150m.

Raw

Klopp finished 8th in his first season in addition to losing those finals. Even then you could see glimpses of his philosophy at works.

I remember when he first came in. I remember how the Liverpool fans instantly noticed the difference in football when he came in, they saw the potential and they gave him all the time he needed. They went through issues of lack of fitness since they weren't used to it but in the end it ultimately paid off.

I think I had that feeling when Ole came in. It's looking bleak now but he definitely deserves time to stamp his philosophy into the team. I also thought the same about LVG though so I guess it doesn't always work out!

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Finally, Klopp has won a final being the favorite all along.

He can feck off now and hope they face City in the UCL next season.

Btw, to all the Klopp fanboys: he hasn't surpassed Rafa yet: both have two UCL finals (one lost) and a tight 2nd place in the PL.

Skills

Snitch
I remember when he first came in. I remember how the Liverpool fans instantly noticed the difference in football when he came in, they saw the potential and they gave him all the time he needed. They went through issues of lack of fitness since they weren't used to it but in the end it ultimately paid off.

I think I had that feeling when Ole came in. It's looking bleak now but he definitely deserves time to stamp his philosophy into the team. I also thought the same about LVG though so I guess it doesn't always work out!
You noticed a difference in results. The football has been the same.

We apparently have a manager who according to our fans wants to play this kind of high intensity, high pressing football. Yet he refuses to shift his backline 10 yards up from where Mourinho had his lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.