Liverpool and the Quadruple

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How likely is this fecking nightmare?

League Cup done.

1 point behind in the league.

The softest quarter final CL draw.

Into the semis of the FA Cup against City.

I'm shitting it.

Swedish_Plumber

It’s an absolute certainty. Don’t think any club has had a better chance of doing it. They’re gonna do it for sure!!

padr81

Supports
Man City
City were closer last season and didn't pull it off. If they beat us in the League and then FA Cup (which is very possible), I'd really start to worry.
I think some kind of treble is very likely though and there's no way they aren't getting at least 2 of the 4.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Last week or so I'm starting to think it's very possible.

I've reserved a spot with an Amazon tribe just incase.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Bunch of pansies all of y'all. I've never seen so much reverse-jinx attempts. Every other post is sure they're bringing 4 home.

Chances of it happening? Extremely low. If you think it's certain put a good amount on it at the bookies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Still not believing this is gonna happen. City or Chelsea for the fa cup. Bayern for the CL…. Everyone’s a winner!!! #GGMU

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
FA Cup - have to beat City then Chelsea.
CL - have to beat Bayern then (likely) City
PL - have to beat City (A), Utd, Spurs and win all our other games and the above two cups.

Quadruple is more unlikely than when City and Utd had a go or two at it in their prime. I'll be happy with just one of those things, most likely chance is the FA cup if City focus on the other two things.

We ain't doing no quadruple and this ain't even an anti jinx attempt.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think it will be like 2019. They'll just miss out on the league but win CL as consolation.

Never know with FA cup, Man. City like messing up SFs under Pep but perhaps not this time.

Is domestic cups and CL a mickey mouse treble? :D

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bunch of pansies all of y'all. I've never seen so much reverse-jinx attempts. Every other post is sure they're bringing 4 home.

Chances of it happening? Extremely low. If you think it's certain put a good amount on it at the bookies.
Nice to see you Adex, I hope that you are doing well and won't step on legos.

Irwin99

It's horrible to witness our two biggest rivals in with a shout of a quadruple or the real treble. Best case scenario would be:

City- League
Bayern-CL
Chelsea-FA Cup (can't see Palace winning two massive games)

VivaRonaldo85

For me the semi finals are the key in the cups. If they get through to either final, they’re a certainty in either final. They need knocking out in both semis.

They have just gone favourites for me in the league as their strength in squad depth is now the most superior in the league. It would take a remarkable plague of injuries to key players to derail them but that’s not happening.

Basically need to hibernate until August now.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
How likely is this fecking nightmare?

League Cup done.

1 point behind in the league.

The softest quarter final CL draw.

Into the semis of the FA Cup against City.

I'm shitting it.
Take it easy pal haha!!. We'll be putting a stop to all this quadruple talk in the next few weeks.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
they will win every game they play ever again and there is zero chance United will go to Anfield and come away with a draw.
Zero.

Vaultech

Not happening. People constantly underestimate the difficulty of winning a quadruple. To win it requires them to defeat Man City for at least 3 times. That is not going to happen to a good Man City team.

Liverpool will lose one of those matches against City.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
How are United the bigger club if Liverpool are so far ahead in Europe?

If Liverpool win another CL will that make them the biggest club in England?

For the elite global clubs like Real, Bayern, Barca European victories are extremely important in their legacy as a club and global stature.

Surely United need more of it too to be at that very top table!

Can someone explain this to me, I am not English.

GlasgowCeltic

Can’t take Pep serious anymore if it does actually happen, unlimited funds and you let your only rival bang a quad

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Utd in 2008/2009 and City last season had their quadruple (or quintuple in the case of Utd counting their Club World Cup win that season) bids ended in the FA Cup semi-final stage. They were both top of the league with the title in their own hands though going into their respective FA Cup semis, and we’ll see how the title race looks after the big showdown at the Etihad.

Regardless if they win one of the big 2 competitions, it’s a excellent season. I certainly hope that they don’t clean up and win everything !

Verward

Long way to go. They have won only league cup so far. City can do holy treble which is more possible that pool doing quadruple.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

For the elite global clubs like Real, Bayern, Barca European victories are extremely important in their legacy as a club and global stature.

The simple answer is obviously Utd need to win more European trophies (ie CLs) to be considered elite level. But on a Utd forum this will not be up for discussion. You might need to visit more 'neutral' English football forums for that.

BlueHaze

Can honestly see them win the CL. Their front 3 is the best in europe and they have improved massively defensively. I could also definitely see City bottling the league. Klopp was legit a perfect match for the cnuts but if he would leave them with 2 CL and 2 league titles that's even more than I ever expected he'd win there.

Josh 76

Manutd were one of the biggest clubs in the world in the 70s and 80s. During that time Liverpool were winning everything and Utd won 3 fA cups over 20 years.

work that out ?

Nero

The simple answer is obviously Utd need to win more European trophies (ie CLs) to be considered elite level. But on a Utd forum this will not be up for discussion. You might need to visit more 'neutral' English football forums for that.
The majority of neutral fans in England consider United a bigger club than Liverpool.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s dumbstar, don’t engage in obvious posts like that

BlueHaze

Not sure what you mean by elite level, are you strictly talking about european cups here because 20 league titles is elite level to me.

VivaRonaldo85

I’ve just had a Liverpool fan I know suggesting to the FA on twitter that they should play the cup semi final at Old Trafford instead of Wembley. I bit

allen7

Surely they can’t win CL or PL, my best guess is they might win FA cup. 2/4

Not saying because I don’t like them but they are not playing that well and had many lucky decisions and played poorly. Plus the fixture congestion will kill them during April with week in week out they have to face tougher opponents. Klopp will cry when the devisions go against them but it is what it is.

City on the other hand has a deep squad with quality backup players, so they have a chance to win CL this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
City were closer last season and didn't pull it off. If they beat us in the League and then FA Cup (which is very possible), I'd really start to worry.
I think some kind of treble is very likely though and there's no way they aren't getting at least 2 of the 4.
They have to get past Bayern in the CL and most likely have City waiting for them in the final. They have City and (likely) Chelsea waiting for them in the FA Cup and City are just as likely to win the league as Liverpool. I favour them slightly in the league because they have momentum but it's 50/50 really.

It's a really exciting but really tough end to the season. I think they'll get 1 of the remaining 3 and it's the league.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

They have to get past Bayern in the CL. They have City and (likely) Chelsea waiting for them in the FA Cup and City are just as likely to win the league as Liverpool. I favour them slightly in the league because they have momentum but it's 50/50 really.

I think they'll get 1 of the remaining 3 and it's the league.
They will 100% win over Bayern. I think it's nailed on they'll reach the finals. Only hope is whover is on the other side will win but the thought of city winning a CL diagusts me just as much.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They will 100% win over Bayern. I think it's nailed on they'll reach the finals. Only hope is whover is on the other side will win but the thought of city winning a CL diagusts me just as much.
So your hope in the CL is either Atletico Madrid shithousing the life out of City or Chelsea/Real Madrid to go all the way. Pretty grim options either way. I'm not sure that Bayern tie is set in stone like that. I quite fancy Bayern a little bit if I'm honest.