Liverpool tried to trade mark “Allez Allez Allez" the chant

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Versions of that song are sang by all portuguese clubs fans. hahaha.

Ohhh liverpool. you never stop to amaze us. hahahah

Last edited:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
How would such a trademark even work? Would it just be so that other clubs couldn’t make merchandise with “allez allez allez” on it? It’s stupid either way, and whoever came up with the idea should be forced to do live commentary on every Tony Pulis managed team for the next ten seasons.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Would they pay royalties to ultras of L'Aquila?

Unrelated, but i've always been a fan of L'Aquila Calcio, and am thinking of joining their ultras group

:wenger:

Suedesi

I was at the game on Sunday at Murrayfield in amongst the Napoli fans. Some of the Scottish Italian people around my friends and I told us Napoli have chanted that song for at least 5 years. Celtic also sang it about Kieran Tierney before them.
Correct, Napoli have been singing this since Higuain was there mate

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Have you ever noticed that certain chants suit certain teams?

This allez allez guff would never go down well with United – suits Liverpool and their syrupy fan base down to a tee.

Our songs have far more ooomph.

Anyway, as you were

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Corporate slimes doing shit like this.

The stands should simply stop chanting it if they manage to trademark it. Leeches.

Camilo

Correct, Napoli have been singing this since Higuain was there mate

Really nice to see the Neapolitan's out in support of England and Brexit with their St George's Crosses. Top lads.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The chant was originally sung by ultras of L'Aquila. Napoli ultras heard it and created their own rendition, and with them playing in CL it spread to the rest of the world

It's based on the 1985 song "l'estate sta finendo" by righeira

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Fecking corporate shite, I do hope this was just some decision by a suit who isn't really football savvy otherwise it's embarrassing really. trying to squeeze every penny out of football these days

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The chant was originally sung by ultras of L'Aquila. Napoli ultras heard it and created their own rendition, and with them playing in CL it spread to the rest of the world

It's based on the 1985 song "l'estate sta finendo" by righeira
Fake news, please don't just make stuff up.

It was invented by Jurgen Klopp himself, as he sang it to his son the night after he became Liverpool manager. It is known.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Fake news, please don't just make stuff up.

It was invented by Jurgen Klopp himself, as he sang it to his son the night after he became Liverpool manager. It is known.
Did he get a cease & desist letter from the club's lawyers?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
May i ask this please:

I had read somewhere that they also took the song YAWN from the Celtic fans who were the first to sing it ??

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
May i ask this please:

I had read somewhere that they also took the song YAWN from the Celtic fans who were the first to sing it ??
You can't take something from someone that doesn't belong to anyone... But, at least according to Wiki, we were 3 years earlier than Celtic.

There are loads of clubs who sing it these days tbh - Feyenoord, Bruges, Dortmund, Celtic, Liverpool, ...

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
You can't take something from someone that doesn't belong to anyone... But, at least according to Wiki, we were 3 years earlier than Celtic.

There are loads of clubs who sing it these days tbh - Feyenoord, Bruges, Dortmund, Celtic, Liverpool, ...
Wiki makes lots of mistakes as it's all written by individuals so to be taken with a pinch of salt.

shaky

They've had their lawyer on standby to trademark "championes" the minute they win the league.

Eriku

I was at the game on Sunday at Murrayfield in amongst the Napoli fans. Some of the Scottish Italian people around my friends and I told us Napoli have chanted that song for at least 5 years. Celtic also sang it about Kieran Tierney before them.
Weird, I assumed Armando Iannucci was the only one.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird, I assumed Armando Iannucci was the only one.
:lol:

At one point a mother and her son came over to us (we were wearing Napoli tops :D) and proceeded to chat in Italian. After we mumbled out 'No Italiano' she switched back to good old Glaswegian and all was well. Happened quite a few times after that too :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Would they pay royalties to ultras of L'Aquila?

Unrelated, but i've always been a fan of L'Aquila Calcio, and am thinking of joining their ultras group

:wenger:
Unrelated again but my student is/was from L'Aquila, she told me about the earthquake they went through, never realised how bad it really was.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unrelated again but my student is/was from L'Aquila, she told me about the earthquake they went through, never realised how bad it really was.
City still hasn't been rebuilt. It's a pretty good picture of the state of the country honestly, that an area that is and was always heavily subjected to earthquakes could be hit so hard a major city(l'aquila isn't a big city but it's the capital of the Abruzzo region) gets wiped out, and on top of that a decade later it still hasn't been rebuilt...

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
May i ask this please:

I believe the song was first sung at Old Trafford in the wake of the Munich tragedy. Liverpool group Gerry & The Pacemakers had a number one hit with their version back in 1963, & it was this one, combined with universal singing of pop songs on The Kop pre-match, that is thought to have brought about the terrace culture that still exists today. Some dicks at my club trying to copyright a football song does make me despair somewhat at how money has taken control of a game that once belonged to the fans.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-the-home-of-the-singing-sixties-7441028.html