Kick-off
Sun, 17 December 2023 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    If Liverpool are smart enough, they will only beat us 1-0 or 2-0. Silent domination kind of game. They get to preserve energy and that scoreline keeps ETH in the job which further derails Utd's season.

Klopp should try this 4D chess.

zaafi

The result will come down to if their attackers are having a good performance or not. Salah, Diaz and Nunez have had quite inconsistent performances this season, but with our luck, they'll have their performance of the season. MacAllister and Konate are out for them, so their midfield and defense is weakened. They're vulnerable, but we just can't create anything, anyway. Best we can hope for is a draw.

Oranges038

Famous last words
    Look I could come on and say, they'll win 6-0 or anything less that 7 is a good result. PTSD and self fulfilling prophecies seem to be the order of the day for this game.

I'll probably regret this. But, they really aren't all that good, have had to come from behind in more matches than I care to remember this season. Allison has been baling them out to a large extent as well.

Utd can get chances to score, just need to take them when they come.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
    Look I could come on and say, they'll win 6-0 or anything less that 7 is a good result. PTSD and self fulfilling prophecies seem to be the order of the day for this game.

I'll probably regret this. But, they really aren't all that good, have had to come from behind in more matches than I care to remember this season. Allison has been baling them out to a large extent as well.

I mean, thanks for laughs. Appreciate your optimism. I can't think along those lines and couldn't care less anyways. Its just a casual thing for me now and its a lot better that way.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Well if the team doesn't rise to this challenge, they never will.

Betson

Well if the team doesn't rise to this challenge, they never will.
    Normally you would expect a team who got walloped 7 - 0 in the corresponding fixture last year to come out fighting and raring to go for the rematch , for personal and professional pride alone.

But we have seen just how mentally brittle these players are , our away record against top 10 teams is abysmal, these players cannot handle any pressure cooker situation.

Although they are top Liverpool are not exactly blowing away teams , indeed they are scraping over the line in most games.

But unfortunately they don't have to be good against us , you won't see the same fight off us they got off Fulham the last day there..

As usual in all these games we will see a Utd team full of players struck down with fear unable to make 5 yard passes etc.

DavidDeSchmikes

all Liverpool have to do is attack with pace, and the ball will just ricochet to them. Everything about us is last ditch and brinkmanship

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

The most ludicrous thing about this, is that if by some miracle the players do find a performance somewhere, and get a win, we will have to hear more of the "We know it's not been good enough, we have to build on this" bullshit, before they go on to lose to West Ham next weekend.

Maticmaker

The 'eyes have it'!

ETH needs to 'front up' his players look into the eyes of them all, to find those who he knows won't capitulate like last year. If he cannot do this then he needs to resign as manager.
    Whatever starting 11 he can come up with they take the field, sod the formation, they all attack they all defend... there should be no fear, for f**k sake we got walloped 7-0 last time and totally humiliated

At half time anyone who doesn't come off with his shirt stained with sweat and scratches on his knees, doesn't go back out there.
    We need 'Gladiators' not fodder for the lions... am I asking too much?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    I expect a fairly comfortable but narrow ish defeat. 2-0 / 3-1.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    The 'eyes have it'!

ETH needs to 'front up' his players look into the eyes of them all, to find those who he knows won't capitulate like last year. If he cannot do this then he needs to resign as manager.
    Whatever starting 11 he can come up with they take the field, sod the formation, they all attack they all defend... there should be no fear, for f**k sake we got walloped 7-0 last time and totally humiliated

At half time anyone who doesn't come off with his shirt stained with sweat and scratches on his knees, doesn't go back out there.
    We need 'Gladiators' not fodder for the lions... am I asking too much?
    Thanks ‘for’ giving your opinion ‘as’ always

Skills

Snitch
    If Liverpool are smart enough, they will only beat us 1-0 or 2-0. Silent domination kind of game. They get to preserve energy and that scoreline keeps ETH in the job which further derails Utd's season.

They're not threatened by us.

The Purley King

I agree they haven’t been that good, problem is we’re have been utter gash for the most part.
    They will fly at us first 20 mins. If we concede then I think it will get ugly.

bosskeano

going to be tough for anyone to moan about this one considering we played tuesday at home and they play tonight in Belgium

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    They're not threatened by us.
    Some of you lot come out with such crap. It was literally only last season their supposed best team ever quad challenging team went and finished easily below Ten Hag’s United. Acting like we’re talking about Hodgson trying to get Liverpool to finish above United for the second time in 20 years.

erikcred

Some of their first team haven't travelled.
    Even if they needed a win to progress, Klopp would rest enough players just to be ready for us.

They take us far more seriously than they should. Can't even count on the complacency they often display against the bottom teams.

Lemon Moon

Even if they needed a win to progress, Klopp would rest enough players just to be ready for us.

They take us far more seriously than they should. Can't even count on the complacency they often display against the bottom teams.
    Yes agree

Oranges038

I agree they haven’t been that good, problem is we’re have been utter gash for the most part.
    They will fly at us first 20 mins. If we concede then I think it will get ugly.
    Yeah, I think it's one of those games, where you aim to get to half time 0-0.

They don't really have the guile in midfield to break teams down, they kind of revel in games becoming frantic and messy. That's what they want. If you can be organised enough to sit in, you can frustrate them, keep it compact, soak up the pressure for as long as possible and look to hit the cnuts on the break.

KD6-3.7

That’s usually Guardiola’s tactics against us. Liverpool and Klopp put us to the sword.

Hughie77

4-0.. and that depends on if they want to stop scoring.. 0 shots for utd 0 on target 0 effort... 4-11 on Pool are.. Bookies know..

Todd

I guess I'd play this team:

---------------------Højlund---------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Rashford-----------------------------Antony
    --------------------McSauce--------------------
    ----------Amrabat---------Mainoo----------
    Reguilón----------------------------------AWB
    ----------------Evans----Varane--------------
    ---------------------Ohnono---------------------

Park the bus and try to shithouse our way to getting one of them sent off, that's about the best I've got for this one.

erikcred

I guess I'd play this team:

---------------------Højlund---------------------
    Rashford-----------------------------Antony
    --------------------McSauce--------------------
    ----------Amrabat---------Mainoo----------
    Reguilón----------------------------------AWB
    ----------------Evans----Varane--------------
    ---------------------Ohnono---------------------

Park the bus and try to shithouse our way to getting one of them sent off, that's about the best I've got for this one.
    We'll need Mourinho back for just this match. No other recent manager of ours could send a team out intending to spoil the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw