Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    It's always good to be positive but this is straight up delusion

Football is a strange game, United beating Liverpool, whilst very unlikely isn't a pipedream

I had the misfortune to be at OT in Jan 1, 1992 vs QPR, United were top of the league, we lost 4-1 with a player no one had ever heard of scoring a hat trick

ti vu

Football is a strange game, United beating Liverpool, whilst very unlikely isn't a pipedream

I had the misfortune to be at OT in Jan 1, 1992 vs QPR, United were top of the league, we lost 4-1 with a player no one had ever heard of scoring a hat trick
    Strong self belief to keep yourself going is one thing. Freak result is one thing. Broadcasting this kind of thought pregame to the world, when the evidence all went against what you said is outright delusion.

JagUTD

How should we play? Scared, defending for our lives hoping to nick a draw or try to match them and play football of some description?

Or should we just go there without a care? There's no pressure on us, everyone expects a defeat so why worry?

JagUTD

Strong self belief to keep yourself going is one thing. Freak result is one thing. Broadcasting this kind of thought pregame to the world, when the evidence all went against what you said is outright delusion.
    Even funnier when we all know they don't even train.

JagUTD

Never a good sign when the leader of the cult starts going mad. Before long he'll be serving punch.

I'd give it a miss if I were you.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    Don’t think I’ve ever been more pessimistic going into an Anfield game. I’d be happy with a 2-0 loss which says a lot.

I just don’t have a bone in my body that expects a result.

I’ll still be watching though.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
    Supports
    The only team that matters
    So you think United aren't capable of a freak result?

I've been watching football for over half a century and I've seen plenty of results over the years where the "evidence" said it couldn't happen.

Do I think United will beat Liverpool tomorrow, no I don't, but that doesn't mean they can't

Kinky Melinky

Holy Mother of God this isn't going to be pretty is it? I'm being conservative in my 3 - 1 prediction.

IrishRedDevil

Watching this in Walking Street, Pattaya.

At least I’ll have something to cheer me up after we get … shafted.

Winrar

I've been watching football for over half a century and I've seen plenty of results over the years where the "evidence" said it couldn't happen.

Do I think United will beat Liverpool tomorrow, no I don't, but that doesn't mean they can't
    United under ETH? No. Our record away against top half sides have been dismal.

Kinky Melinky

The stars would need to align in spectacular fashion for United to come away with a win.

ti vu

"I have strong belief I'm going to win and I will prepare the team in that way, that we're going to win. And why? Yeah, because it's based on our rules and principles in the game, and it's based on our game plan and then a strong belief in the quality of my players."

Quoted here because even when quoted the tweet, you completely missed what ETH said.

Did it sound like someone humbly hoping for a freak result by trying his best? Or simply outright delusion?

I ask you nicely here, please provide a pre game press conference where the manager of the severe underdog talked in this manner, and actually went on to pull off said freak win.

The definition of "Pipe dream": an idea or plan that is impossible or very unlikely to happen

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/di...t=an idea or plan that,more than a pipe dream.

an illusory or fantastic plan, hope, or story

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pipe dream

You went off a tangent trying to justify what ETH said in your initial post saying it was not a pipe dream type of hope, then now you implied you only had a pipe dream type of hope, not that you think we would win tomorrow. Really? :houllier:

Dearg hÉireann

I've been following United since the mid 80s and I can categorically state that this is the least confident I've ever felt facing Liverpool at Anfield.

When you think of the drubbings we've gotten off them recently and our abysmal record against them since Klopp has been there and it's very hard to be excited for what's to come.

Hopefully we play out of our skins tmw and do the shirt proud!

croadyman

How should we play? Scared, defending for our lives hoping to nick a draw or try to match them and play football of some description?

Or should we just go there without a care? There's no pressure on us, everyone expects a defeat so why worry?
    Go there without a care,was offered to swap my winning ticket today for another more "winnable" away,however despite the likely mauling this game is just different to the others.

Last edited:

united for life

there is always pressure on us. The pressure on united is like no other. I always think that the media is part of the issue for us. We’re always under scruitiny.

Match them? I do not think we can match them to be honest. I fear it will be one of those 5 or 6 zero games where Salah scores and scores and scores.

i think we should rethink our formation for such a game. In the last 10 years against clubs better than us, 5-2-1-2 was always the best formation. Ole did it a lot and he managed to beat city several times with that counter attack play. Going there thinking that we can dominate play and win the game would be naive in my opinion.

tombombadil

ETH: I think we'll win.

"That's just delusion"

ETH: I don't think we'll win

"This loser lacks belief!!!"
    Exactly. Einsteins on the internet will just nitpick and harp on everything to suit their own delusions.

EtH is fighting to win. That's fine by me. I just hope to see that same fight in the team that runs out later.

With less games coming up, hopefully they can focus and fight better in the league with better fitness.

90 + 5min

What a strange group of fans we have. Always trying to find something to have a go at. What is he supposed to say?

Would you have been happier if he said "Because of all injuries, suspensions, no great football, low moral and bad character we have no chance and ManUtd fans should expect us to lose.

Manncunian

I actually fancy our chances far more without Bruno/Rashford/Martial today.

By that, I mean reducing last season’s 7-0 to a modest 3 or 4 nil.

Donut

With Bruno out he kind of has to play Mainoo right? So we’re finally getting Mainoo-Amrabat.

ti vu

Exactly. Einsteins on the internet will just nitpick and harp on everything to suit their own delusions.

EtH is fighting to win. That's fine by me. I just hope to see that same fight in the team that runs out later.

With less games coming up, hopefully they can focus and fight better in the league with better fitness.
    Ironically, there is this popular phrase referencing to a tragedy that disregard reason with blind faith toward normally silly idea: Drinking the Kool-Aid - Peoples Temple Agricultural Project.

There is no humility in his wording at all. Beaten by historic scoreline of 0-7 last season when in better form, was also partially due this kind of arrogance where he's persistent with a very shite Weghorst not only as starter but in no 10 position, pushing Bruno to left wing! Has zero damage control plan for when thing goes south. Can't stop conceding 3+ goals in that game and still happening this season evidently.

Fewer games only came after New Year for teams of out of League Cup.
    ETH: I think we'll win.

"That's just delusion"

ETH: I don't think we'll win

"This loser lacks belief!!!"
    There are more ways to avoid sounding defeatist without sounding deluded.

Big game for both teams and I am making sure that my players are up for it.

ti vu

What a strange group of fans we have. Always trying to find something to have a go at. What is he supposed to say?

Would you have been happier if he said "Because of all injuries, suspensions, no great football, low moral and bad character we have no chance and ManUtd fans should expect us to lose.
    I have expectation of my players to rise the occasion since this is big game for both clubs.

Is it too hard without going overboard about "I think we're going to win" and going on explaining about how awesome his principles, and our players quality are...

You expect football fans to be deluded? Perhaps, it's some of you. Not the mass.

JuriM

With Bruno out he kind of has to play Mainoo right? So we’re finally getting Mainoo-Amrabat.
    Or Hannibal, Hannibal, Amrabat, McTominay with Hannibal taking a red on 5th min for reckless challenge?

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
    Supports
    Football
    Or Hannibal, Hannibal, Amrabat, McTominay with Hannibal taking a red on 5th min for reckless challenge?
    That’s okay, though, cause the other Hannibal will still be on the field.

erikcred

Not one person in the room believed him for even a second when he said this.
    I'm surprised they didn't fall out of their chairs laughing.

I'd understand if he points out that we're in a tough spot injury wise, we'll do our best and use last year as inspiration etc. But the hogwash about "rules and principles" is just bluster.

FireballXL5

Complacency on Liverpool's part is the only way we're getting anything out of this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw