Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

djembatheking

It's our third 90+ points finish in 5 seasons. And he got us to the absolute brink of a quadruple, the likes of which Kompany still masturbates over.

I'm glad this failed fraud of a manager has signed for another two seasons, until 2026. Liverpool fans are happy. Utd fans are happy.
And one league title to show for it. Same as Ranieri at Leicester.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
And one league title to show for it. Same as Ranieri at Leicester.
We're up against financial dopers and one of the best managers ever. It's hard to be too disappointed with Klopp's effort. We were nowhere when he came in.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's objective reality that 92 points in the oil club and PL mega money is harder to achieve than 79 points in a weaker era. If you were objective you could admit a 79 point league team in a weaker PL era wasn't that amazing.
We're up against financial dopers and one of the best managers ever. It's hard to be too disappointed with Klopp's effort. We were nowhere when he came in.
United took on a Chelsea side that was the equivalent of City today. That didn't stop us from winning three league titles in succession and beating them in the CL. Money isn't everything.

You can't argue the facts; Klopp has won a single league title in 8 years. Nothing special when all is said and done.

cyberman

I think it's a much harder achievements if they manage 2 domestic cups, CL title and 92 points in the league against an oil doped City compared to your 79 points in the league and 2 quite fortunate cup wins in '99.

That aside in 1984 they won the League, European Cup/CL and League Cup

And I think it was 2001 they won UEFA, FA Cup and League Cup.

If they do it this season that's 3 trebles and how many doubles. They probably have the most double seasons of various cups/leagues in English football history.
We were City though. Dont compare Liverpool to us, maybe Arsenal but they certainly arent Utd. Compare them to Wenger or similar bridesmaids.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
United took on a Chelsea side that was the equivalent of City today. That didn't stop us from winning three league titles in succession and beating them in the CL. Money isn't everything.

You can't argue the facts; Klopp has won a single league title in 8 years. Nothing special when all is said and done.
What if he adds a second European cup to that. Eight years, one league title, two CL's, an FA Cup and a League Cup is a decent haul for a club that hasn't been swimming in trophies since the early 90's.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That is pretty ridiculous. Guess you kind of know how we felt having to face that Barca side in 09 and 11 (three finals in four years, one trophy)
Not at all. We were brilliant but not good enough. You don't win trophies for making excuses. Klopp is here until 2026 and if it's still just one PL then he's he's been good but not great.

Ferguson didn't face 'that' Barca side from 1994 to 2007. He only won one CL. One in 13 years. That's a huge fail. Same with Klopp if he doesn't win at least one more PL in the next four years. It will be a big fail.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What if he adds a second European cup to that. Eight years, one league title, two CL's, an FA Cup and a League Cup is a decent haul for a club that hasn't been swimming in trophies since the early 90's.
The CL is a great trophy to win, no doubt about it, but it will never match up to a domestic title due to the nature of knockout competitions.

The league is where it's at. You know it and I know it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Delighted that they didn't win the league, though it would have been funnier if both City and Liverpool would have lost today with Liverpool having time to reflect on what could have been.

Now Real just need to shithouse their way to another CL with the aid of one of their UEFA referees :D

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Insulting the boards
So as I said. You’ve not won very much hence why you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

Jog on you WUM
I mean while we're one the top trophy winners in English history, we are ofcourse behind yourselves. Winning things doesn't make you have a better opinion on football, especially as 90% of your fanbase signed up for success because of the Fergie glory years. Glory supporting doesn't make you a footballing expert.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
The CL is a great trophy to win, no doubt about it, but it will never match up to a domestic title due to the nature of knockout competitions.

I don't disagree but I'm talking about Klopp. If he wins it in Paris that's two European Cups in eight seasons at Liverpool with a league title and two cups thrown in. It's not a bad effort.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

Winning it next week puts us as second best European team ever (joint with Milan). With 4 more years to go I'm hoping Klopp can make second our's alone.

Domestic is bread and butter no doubt, but nothing beats cream pies and champagne. :cool:

TheReligion

Abusive
Not at all. We were brilliant but not good enough. You don't win trophies for making excuses. Klopp is here until 2026 and if it's still just one PL then he's he's been good but not great.

Ferguson didn't face 'that' Barca side from 1994 to 2007. He only won one CL. One in 13 years. That's a huge fail. Same with Klopp if he doesn't win at least one more PL in the next four years. It will be a big fail.
We were hindered by the ‘three foreigner rule’ in the early stages so couldn’t play a number of our best players. It also included Irish and Welsh.

Fergie won two CLs and lost two finals. It should have been more yes but he won an awful lot to go with that and is still arguably the greatest manager to grace the game.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal

The difference being United were stockpiling players before Abrahmovic came on the scene. Rooney was a bigger percentage of club revenue than Pogba was and I think Rio was also a bigger percentage of club revenue (without looking at the figures).

City under Pep are also a more formidable dance partner than Chelsea who changed their manager every year or 2

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
We were hindered by the ‘three foreigner rule’ in the early stages so couldn’t play a number of our best players. It also included Irish and Welsh.

Fergie won two CLs and lost two finals. It should have been more yes but he won an awful lot to go with that and is still arguably the greatest manager to grace the game.
We were also hindered by English clubs being cut adrift from the European game for so long. We got some tactical batterings from vastly inferior sides in the first few campaigns.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

These are nothing but excuses. I don't want to get banned so we'll end the conversation now (I know I started it but it was in response and I was trying to make a point).

Klopp has 4 more seasons. If Newcastle, Qatar-Leeds, Sportwash FC, prevent Klopp from another league title then it's just excuses. You get nothing for finishing second in the league or CL except a negative mark against your name.

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean while we're one the top trophy winners in English history, we are ofcourse behind yourselves. Winning things doesn't make you have a better opinion on football, especially as 90% of your fanbase signed up for success because of the Fergie glory years. Glory supporting doesn't make you a footballing expert.
Remind me where you’re from and how many Arsenal games you go to? And when you started supporting them?

Barking up the wrong tree here but I’ll see how it plays out…

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Winning it next week puts us as second best European team ever (joint with Milan). With 4 more years to go I'm hoping Klopp can make second our's alone.

Domestic is bread and butter no doubt, but nothing beats cream pies and champagne. :cool:
You'll have to overcome a Real side that has fought tooth and nail to make this final. Good luck with that.

You lot are already well in front of us in terms of CL titles. One more won't make much difference all things considered.

cyberman

As soon as that rule went SAF reached 4 finals in 12 years and many semi finals. His European record is stupidly underplayed when analysed correctly

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
These are nothing but excuses. I don't want to get banned so we'll end the conversation now (I know I started it but it was in response and I was trying to make a point).

Klopp has 4 more seasons. If Newcastle, Qatar-Leeds, Sportwash FC, prevent Klopp from another league title then it's just excuses. You get nothing for finishing second in the league or CL except a negative mark against your name.
Klopp is a super manager. Coming second to City is tough shit, like Fergie coming second to Pep's Barca. He needs to find a way to win more leagues.

TheReligion

Abusive
We were also hindered by English clubs being cut adrift from the European game for so long. We got some tactical batterings from vastly inferior sides in the first few campaigns.
This is a good point. Heysel had quite a negative impact on English football

They are just facts? Not sure why you’re getting worked up

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Klopp has obviously done a good job there, the delusions from Merseyside is just their own downfall. When the fans and the whole national media are using words like the greatest team ever and all the other insane hyperbole printed the last few years that is what you will be judged on. Liverpool under Klopp still haven't done anything exceptional that hasn't been done before them. And they have also failed to match the exceptional stuff other teams have achieved. Stopped on 99 points after City got 100 the year before, couldn't win back-to-back titles, still haven't added another league, failed in the league to make a domestic treble unlike City, failed in the league to make it a "proper" treble like United already did. Failed to win the league and CL in the same season to remove all doubts about superiority twice now, which United did twice.

You can't be spoken about as one of the greatest teams in history when other teams have done both more and more impressive feats than you in recent history. Liverpool are a bloody good team, but that is all they are at the moment

spiriticon

Pep is the devil though seriously.

If it weren't for his outrageous Barca team we would have won more European Cups ourselves. Feck Pep.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't disagree but I'm talking about Klopp. If he wins it in Paris that's two European Cups in eight seasons at Liverpool with a league title and two cups thrown in. It's not a bad effort.
Can you honestly say you'd be content if Klopp ended his tenure with only a single league title to his name?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Stop, Chelsea were as bad. Talk about excuses.

BlueHaze

People want @Klopper76 and @Dumbstar banned, at least they don't write shite like that. Actually I probably never seen anyone of the more serious Liverpool fans write that type of crap.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It's our third 90+ points finish in 5 seasons. And he got us to the absolute brink of a quadruple, the likes of which Kompany still masturbates over.

I'm glad this failed fraud of a manager has signed for another two seasons, until 2026. Liverpool fans are happy. Utd fans are happy.
Massive congratulations to all Liverpool fans for the achievement of three 90+ finishes in 5 seasons.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Was really hoping for Manchester City to bottle their game and Liverpool to take advantage. They were very close and I'm not sure if this will bring their morale down for the final against us but the reality is that despite a really good season for them the most important trophys are the league and winning the UCL and if they lose both then suddenly the season won't feel as good.

Flexdegea

Totally.
It's come in these last few seasons and has never been any sort of thing until then.

Surely a high points total simply means a lot of sh!te teams you drill past.
Whereas a lower total means a more competitive league, and thus a better achievement winning?

That is how I would love at it. If you backing up the league 90+ points with league win and champs league then it would prove the point. But just hitting the high total and winning no champs league defeats the point about standard. Can't be one or the other.

We literally had to play everyone the time when we won the treble, premier League wasn't even the strongest at the time in Europe. The euro top leagues where churning out champions in euro around that time too, far more stacked. The 79 points doesn't even hold up once you look at it all

BlueHaze

Those two are defo not getting banned. This gooner is new to me.
I'm no mod but I think part of signing up to a rival forum is you have to be respectful that's at least the bear minimum. Writing that type of rubbish that @ThierryFabregas did is pathetic and so cringe it's ban worthy.

croadyman

Oh yeah we massively failed in Europe, think back to Dortmund in 97 Porto in 04 (Scholesy onside) & Bayern in 10

:lol: Well, they certainly beat the Invincibles as 3 trophies beat that team's one but it's nowhere near as good as our treble and how we achieved it:

United beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal on route to the FA cup win
United were unbeaten in the entire Champions league campaign against the likes Barca, Bayern, Juve, Inter
United beat Arsenal's double winners to the league, a side Neville, Scholes and Giggs called the best side they ever faced domestically

Easily the greatest achievement by an English team
Also, they won the Champions league at a time when we were blazing a (post Heysel Ban) trail, the other English clubs, kept getting knocked out early. Wenger’s team, at that time, went out in the group stage like clockwork- while we got to the later stages regularly.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Can you honestly say you'd be content if Klopp ended his tenure with only a single league title to his name?
I mean it’s one more than Rodgers, Dalglish, Hodgson, Benitez, Houllier, Evans & Souness.

Flexdegea

You don't like it because you don't like that it shows a more dominant team is performing better than lower points team that you support. It's also giving your rival objective credit, where it is due given their performances in the last few seasons.

You aren't making any sense what you are saying, you can't argue any other way they ain't doing the proper treble never mind the proper double.

I won't be sitting in 20 years time going I don't like this, Liverpool hit 91 points and came 2nd, and we only got 79 but won the treble, and then think of all the times they got more points but we won the leagues with lower and points and be thinking I don't like this.......your trolling is really poor :lol: