Loan Watch 2017-2018

khoazany

Good to see everyone got a start today except for Redmond. Heard CBJ did well. Another clean sheet for Henderson.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good to see everyone got a start today except for Redmond. Heard CBJ did well. Another clean sheet for Henderson.
Had some of the game on the multiscreen - some of his crossing was really dangerous as usual. I think CBJ in general has so much potential.

On the other side, Pearson really has to wise up. Another stupid red card today.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Had some of the game on the multiscreen - some of his crossing was really dangerous as usual. I think CBJ in general has so much potential.

On the other side, Pearson really has to wise up. Another stupid red card today.
How did Harrop do when he came on?

Can't really say another for Pearson as I can't seem to see him ever getting one before. He is regarded by most of their fans as easily their best player as well.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How did Harrop do when he came on?

Can't really say another for Pearson as I can't seem to see him ever getting one before. He is regarded by most of their fans as easily their best player as well.
Had a few nice dribbles and had a deflected shot hit the crossbar late on. After Pearson got sent off they just started hoofing to Hugill. Pearson gets a yellow card almost every week - often for stupid reasons like pulling back people, or leaving a late foot in. Preston don't have a stand out player since McGeady left - Hugill, Cunningham, Pearson and Maguire all are popular though.

khoazany

Henderson couldn't keep his clean sheet yesterday (conceded 2 pens) but made a terrific save to ensure Shrewburry Town got their 3-2 against Rochdale. Former academy graduate Oliver Rathbone started for Rochdale (he's pretty much their first team regular and just signed a 2 years extension).

Sid234

Henderson couldn't keep his clean sheet yesterday (conceded 2 pens) but made a terrific save to ensure Shrewburry Town got their 3-2 against Rochdale. Former academy graduate Oliver Rathbone started for Rochdale (he's pretty much their first team regular and just signed a 2 years extension).
I hope Henderson does well this season, I think he's got the potential to be a top keeper.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Andreas Pereira became the eighth member of the Manchester United squad to move away from the club on loan this summer, when sealing a temporary switch to Valencia.

Only one of the Reds is still competing in the Premier League, Crystal Palace's Tim Fosu-Mensah, with Matty Willock, like Pereira, plying his trade overseas with Dutch outfit FC Utrecht.

Under-23s coach Ricky Sbragia will be keeping close tabs on the loanees as part of his role and is ensuring they are all settling into their new environments.

"I'm getting to know the ones on loan and will speak to them to find out how they are," he told ManUtd.com. "I enjoy that. I know from when I first came here that the big thing for us is to see how players are settling and what difficulties they are having. Having people from United going to watch them and speaking to them, rather than calling on the phone, makes it more personal and face-to-face so I'm happy with that.

"It shows they are far from being forgotten and, from my point of view, I like to do it. I will always pick a game that is convenient, if I have a day off, and will see how they are getting on."

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Leeds)
The full-back has appeared three times for the Championship side, and is unbeaten in those matches following two Carabao Cup wins over Port Vale and Newport County and a 0-0 league draw with Preston, when ex-Red Ben Pearson was sent off.

Tim Fosu-Mensah (Crystal Palace)
It's been a notable start to the campaign for the Dutchman who made his competitive debut for the Netherlands against France. The cap came on the back of some impressive personal displays for Palace, even if the Eagles have yet to score in the Premier League. He has played in all four of the Londoners' matches this term as a key part of the defence.

Dean Henderson (Shrewsbury Town)
The England Under-21 international has made five appearances for the Shrews and is gaining valuable experience between the sticks. He has kept two clean sheets already for Lee Hurst's team and the Town boss told the Shropshire Star: "I think it's a great platform for him coming here and playing League One football. Hopefully, it gets him seen a bit more in a competitive first-team game in the leagues."

Sam Johnstone (Aston Villa)
The reliable keeper has played five times for Steve Bruce's Midlanders this season after spending the end of last term with the Championship club. After a slow start, Villa are showing signs of improvement and Johnstone is holding down the no.1 slot, despite competition from Jed Steer, and making some fine saves.

Andreas Pereira (Valencia)
The promising midfielder sealed a return to La Liga on the final day of the Spanish transfer window after spending 2016/17 at Granada. It is expected he will make his debut for the Mestalla outfit in Saturday's game against Atletico Madrid after being handed the no.11 shirt.

Regan Poole (Northampton Town)
The Welshman has a new manager as his former boss at Newport, Justin Edinburgh, has been replaced by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Poole's only start so far came in a 1-0 home reverse to Fleetwood Town, with Andy Cole's son Devante grabbing the winner. However, the centre-back did help Wales Under-21s beat Switzerland 3-0.

Devonte Redmond (Scunthorpe United)
The midfield man has been involved in four games for The Iron since making his loan move. He came off the bench in two Carabao Cup games, including a defeat to Middlesbrough when former United colleague Ashley Fletcher was on the scoresheet. The 20-year-old made his League One bow as a late substitute in a 4-0 win at Plymouth Argyle and got 90 minutes under his belt in a 3-1 success against Sunderland in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Matty Willock (Utrecht)
The leggy midfielder joined brother Chris, who left Arsenal for United's Champions League rivals Benfica, in making a continental move during the window. Coach Erik ten Hag believes the youngster will thrive in the Netherlands, saying: "We are confident, having seen him play many times in the Premier League youth games, to promise that he can add value to Utrecht."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...atch-on-eight-players-away-from-the-club.aspx

barmyarmy

It will be interesting to see if Pereira starts against Athletico & what position he plays.

khoazany

Hendo kept yet another clean sheet as they beat Wigan (aka. Powell and co) 1-0 to get to the top of League One table.

khoazany

Anyway another MoTM for Sam Johnstone in a 0-0 against Brentford. Both of our GK loanees are killing it. Expect both to move up a league next season.

barmyarmy

Anyway another MoTM for Sam Johnstone in a 0-0 against Brentford. Both of our GK loanees are killing it. Expect both to move up a league next season.
I like D.Henderson i think he can be a good second choice for De gea.

khoazany

Another clean sheet and MoTM for Henderson as his side beats Southend United 1-0 to remain on top of League One.

datura

Was speaking to a Villa ST holder who said he's been great so far this season. Apparently was initially very nervy and made mistakes first season, but really grew in confidence and now probably their best player.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Poole starting against Bradford
Redmond & CBJ not in the squad for Scunthope & Leeds
Henderson starting against Blackburn

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Regan Poole was again used as a defensive midfielder for Northampton Town in their 1-0 loss to Bradford City, the local paper, 'Northampton Chronicle and Echo summarised his performance as follows,

'Regan Poole - Backed up Tuesday’s promising display with an even better outing here. Tremendous vision, anticipation and work-rate in midfield, not to mention picking out the occasional fantastic pass. A stand-out candidate for man of the match... 8 CHRON STAR MAN

This was despite the fact that he was subbed in the 74th minute for a more attacking player as Northampton pushed for an equalise, my son, who was at the game said he had great movement, always looking for space, making himself available, several telling passes in attacking positions, and one terrific cross.

Sounds like he had a good game, albeit this is Division One.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Regan Poole was again used as a defensive midfielder for Northampton Town in their 1-0 loss to Bradford City, the local paper, 'Northampton Chronicle and Echo summarised his performance as follows,

'Regan Poole - Backed up Tuesday’s promising display with an even better outing here. Tremendous vision, anticipation and work-rate in midfield, not to mention picking out the occasional fantastic pass. A stand-out candidate for man of the match... 8 CHRON STAR MAN

This was despite the fact that he was subbed in the 74th minute for a more attacking player as Northampton pushed for an equalise, my son, who was at the game said he had great movement, always looking for space, making himself available, several telling passes in attacking positions, and one terrific cross.

Sounds like he had a good game, albeit this is Division One.
Has always looked a good player to me. Gets overlooked a little imo because Axel gets all the attention and then Williams too. Will be hard for him to make it here with the two of them trying to breakthrough as well but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Premier League in a couple of years. Looks a very good player to me.

Kostov

I saw on social media fans praising Henderson as saviour, guess he had a good game again. Meanwhile Pereira on the bench again for Valencia, that's two games in a row.

AshRK

I saw on social media fans praising Henderson as saviour, guess he had a good game again. Meanwhile Pereira on the bench again for Valencia, that's two games in a row.
Pereira won't be getting that many chances unless he performs like a world beater (which clearly he is not). He should not have gone to valencia, won't be surprised if jose sells him next summer.

WhoDaGOAT

Pereira won't be getting that many chances unless he performs like a world beater (which clearly he is not). He should not have gone to valencia, won't be surprised if jose sells him next summer.
He's been getting plenty of minutes so far.

Unfortunately for him, the players who came in during the midweek rotation have done well and earned another start tonight.

Kostov

Still early days, but not looking good for Pereira. Guedes was impressive tonight, and seems like he will stay as first choice LW, on the other side Soler is very good and regular starter and in the middle Parejo is undisputed and the captain. Kondogbia was sent off tonight, so i wonder if he might start the next game in the middle alongside Parejo, I think Marcelinho would prefer someone more defensive minded but i'm not sure what other options they have. Moving Soler in the middle and Pereira on the right would be the logical solution, but we'll have to wait and see. Lets hope he gets minutes, either way i would have preferred him going on loan in the PL.

khoazany

Will be interesting to see if Henderson and Shrewburry will keep up this form much longer. They were a bit of an underdog before the season starts.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Regan Poole is certainly turning a few heads in Northampton, as the youngster seems to have brought a stability to the 'Cobblers' midfield. The only goals conceded in three matches were two 25 yard efforts. The Chronicle and Echo's report on last nights 0-0 match at MK Dons was as follows:-

Regan Poole - Early whack to the head didn’t deter him on a night when his stock rose further. A magnificent late block typified his all-action, all-go attitude. He was here, there and everywhere... 8

He also got 20% of the vote in the fans MOM, second behind defender Ash Taylor who had 43%.

Just need him to pop up with a goal or two as the strikers are missing lots of chances, no goals in three games now.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
With the latest international break now upon us, ManUtd.com has taken a look at the loanees' progress in 2017/18 so far...

The 24-year-old keeper has been a mainstay between the sticks for the Villans this term, featuring in all 11 matches of their Championship campaign, keeping five clean sheets. Most remarkably, he has made more saves than anybody else in the division and the Premier League so far, which has earned him a nomination for the Championship Player of the Month for September. Johnstone's impressive performances have provided the foundation on which the outfield players can build upon, which has seen Villa climb to seventh in the table with four straight wins - three of them being shut-outs.

It's fair to say it's been a difficult start to life at Selhurst Park for Fosu-Mensah, given Palace's early season form, but the 19-year-old defender has been one of the club's leading lights. The youngster has started all but one of the Eagles' seven league outings, missing the Old Trafford defeat due to his ineligibility, and his hearty defensive displays also saw him rewarded with a senior debut for the Netherlands as well.

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Leeds United)
The pacey left-back has played every minute of the Whites' Carabao Cup campaign, which has seen them beat Port Vale, Newport County and Burnley, to set up a fourth-round tie with Leicester City. Borthwick-Jackson will hope to retain his place for a second outing against Premier League opposition, which will help his fight for a more regular starting spot.

Pereira has grown accustomed to the Spanish game having spent the 2016/17 campaign on loan at Granada, and he has impressed for Valencia thus far. The attacking midfielder has featured made five La Liga appearances for the club this term, and he played a major role in Simone Zaza's opener in Sunday's 3-2 defeat of Athletic Bilbao when regaining his place in the XI.

Matty Willock (FC Utrecht)
The athletic central midfielder joined Utrecht in order to gain experience playing in Europe this term, and he impressed immediately, scoring on his full debut for the club in the 6-0 defeat of Ajax Amateurs in the KNVB Beker. And Willock has since made his first outing in the Eredivisie - appearing as a late substitute in the 1-1 draw with Vitesse Arnhem on Sunday.

Henderson has made a fine start to life in Shropshire, featuring in 10 of Shrewsbury's 11 League One matches, keeping five clean sheets, and conceding just six goals. The England Under-21 international's efforts have seen the Shrews cement a place at the summit of the table, as well as maintaining an unbeaten start in the league - a feat only achieved by two other English teams - United and Manchester City.

The classy Welshman has featured in all four of Northampton's most recent league outings and, despite the club's indifferent form, he has impressed with his no-nonsense performances in the middle of the park. Poole's efforts have also seen him become a regular for Wales' Under-21s.

The 21-year-old central midfielder featured in both of the Iron's Carabao Cup ties earlier this season, but he has been restricted to just one outing in League One. However, he did impress in two Checkatrade Trophy wins over Sunderland Under-23s and Grimsby Town, playing 90 minutes in both games.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wow, Henderson is certainly doing great at Shrewsbury Town.

Red_Beans

With the latest international break now upon us, ManUtd.com has taken a look at the loanees' progress in 2017/18 so far...

The 24-year-old keeper has been a mainstay between the sticks for the Villans this term, featuring in all 11 matches of their Championship campaign, keeping five clean sheets. Most remarkably, he has made more saves than anybody else in the division and the Premier League so far, which has earned him a nomination for the Championship Player of the Month for September. Johnstone's impressive performances have provided the foundation on which the outfield players can build upon, which has seen Villa climb to seventh in the table with four straight wins - three of them being shut-outs.

It's fair to say it's been a difficult start to life at Selhurst Park for Fosu-Mensah, given Palace's early season form, but the 19-year-old defender has been one of the club's leading lights. The youngster has started all but one of the Eagles' seven league outings, missing the Old Trafford defeat due to his ineligibility, and his hearty defensive displays also saw him rewarded with a senior debut for the Netherlands as well.

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Leeds United)
The pacey left-back has played every minute of the Whites' Carabao Cup campaign, which has seen them beat Port Vale, Newport County and Burnley, to set up a fourth-round tie with Leicester City. Borthwick-Jackson will hope to retain his place for a second outing against Premier League opposition, which will help his fight for a more regular starting spot.

Pereira has grown accustomed to the Spanish game having spent the 2016/17 campaign on loan at Granada, and he has impressed for Valencia thus far. The attacking midfielder has featured made five La Liga appearances for the club this term, and he played a major role in Simone Zaza's opener in Sunday's 3-2 defeat of Athletic Bilbao when regaining his place in the XI.

Matty Willock (FC Utrecht)
The athletic central midfielder joined Utrecht in order to gain experience playing in Europe this term, and he impressed immediately, scoring on his full debut for the club in the 6-0 defeat of Ajax Amateurs in the KNVB Beker. And Willock has since made his first outing in the Eredivisie - appearing as a late substitute in the 1-1 draw with Vitesse Arnhem on Sunday.

Henderson has made a fine start to life in Shropshire, featuring in 10 of Shrewsbury's 11 League One matches, keeping five clean sheets, and conceding just six goals. The England Under-21 international's efforts have seen the Shrews cement a place at the summit of the table, as well as maintaining an unbeaten start in the league - a feat only achieved by two other English teams - United and Manchester City.

The classy Welshman has featured in all four of Northampton's most recent league outings and, despite the club's indifferent form, he has impressed with his no-nonsense performances in the middle of the park. Poole's efforts have also seen him become a regular for Wales' Under-21s.

The 21-year-old central midfielder featured in both of the Iron's Carabao Cup ties earlier this season, but he has been restricted to just one outing in League One. However, he did impress in two Checkatrade Trophy wins over Sunderland Under-23s and Grimsby Town, playing 90 minutes in both games.
Great update, thank you

Mickson

CBJ didn't play the whole game against Burnley if I remember correctly. Anyway, great update.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Johnstone, Henderson and Poole starting today
Fosu-Mensah on the bench
CBJ and Redmond not involved.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
We should recall TFM in January if him being on the bench will be the norm, Valencia could use some rotation.

ariel

Does anybody know what's going on with CBJ?
Seems like a second loan spell going completely wrong

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Regan Poole is establishing himself as an important member of Northampton Towns first team squad. After his international call up, where he was unavailable for two matches, he has forced his way back into the starting line up, in a defensive midfield role. The debacle at home to Bristol Rovers (0-6 loss), where Poole came on at 0-2 at right back, followed by the 0-1 home defeat by AFC Wimbledon (unused sub), was the lowest point of the season for The Cobblers, Hasselbaink having rotated his squad liberally in recent weeks with several players returning from injury, the 2-2 away draw at Rochdale on Tuesday saw his first start in three weeks and had the following comments from the Chron:-

Regan Poole - Recalled to the team, he provided bite and physicality in the middle and got around the pitch well, although there were times when Dale were afforded too much space between Town’s midfield and defence... 6

Saturday saw The Cobblers win 1-2 at Gillingham in a much improved performance, the papers comments were:-

Regan Poole - Always seems to impress and really came to the fore after half-time. His legs and athleticism are a huge asset in the Cobblers midfield and that showed at Priestfield as he helped thwart any forward momentum the Gills were building... 7.

This young man appears to be a real professional, and is gradually getting accustomed to the rough and tumble of League one football, it will be interesting to see how he is performing at the end of the season.

khoazany

I don't see it personally. Warren is better imo and I'm not sure if he's future PL quality.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I don't see it personally. Warren is better imo and I'm not sure if he's future PL quality.
I think you hit the nail on the head with I'm not sure! No one really knows how these lads will develop over the next two/three years, admitted, we all have our opinions, I think that Axel should be getting games in the first team now, but Jose see's things from day to day, and for his reasons, he doesn't play him. Gomes, Greenwood, O'Connor etc all look the real deal, but how will they improve in the next two/three years when they 'should' be pushing for first team squad. There are so many things, both mentally and physically, that can hinder or stop a players progression, like wise, there could be an opportunity for one of these lads to get a break, like Rashford. Having seen many players come through the ranks at Old Trafford over the past 50 odd years, I look forward to the day when 5 or 6 of the first team have come through the system at OT, that may be wishful thinking, but I would love to see it.