Loans this transfer window

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Are there any loan deals confirmed yet? Can we stick them all in this thread so we have an overview?

You can understand brinkmanship with transfer fee negotiations but seems very odd to leave so many youngsters uncertain about their future with the season already underway. Have we ever sent so few players out on loan as we have so far this summer?

EDIT:

Updated list of loanees

Dean Henderson — Nottingham Forest;
Alex Telles — Sevilla;
Eric Bailly — Marseille;
Ethan Laird — QPR
Alvaro Fernandez — Preston North End

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was thinking the same, actually. So far it’s:

Alex Telles — Sevilla;
Eric Bailly — Marseille;
Ethan Laird — QPR; and

Still players like Amad, Williams, Pellistri (injured), Mejbri, Chong, Shoretire, Tuanzebe, Bernard, Mengi, Galbraith, and Jones in the senior squad who have yet to either be loaned out — or possibly sold.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Alex Telles — Sevilla;
Eric Bailly — Marseille; and

Still players like Amad, Williams, Pellistri (injured), Mejbri, Chong, Shoretire, Tuanzebe, and Jones in the senior squad who have yet to either be loaned out — or possibly sold.
So three loans so far. And only one of them could be considered as youth development. Definitely seems to be something a bit off about what’s going on this summer.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Perhaps the club is waiting to see how the squads of potential loan clubs are shaping up before agreeing to moves? The last thing we need is more loans where our youngsters barely get on the pitch.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I expect we'll see loads before the deadline. Given how our window has gone, I expect EtH hasn't signed off on any outgoings until the incomings are sorted.

Glow

Champions League Predictions 2023/2024 winner

Alex Telles — Sevilla;

Still players like Amad, Williams, Pellistri (injured), Mejbri, Chong, Shoretire, Tuanzebe, and Jones in the senior squad who have yet to either be loaned out — or possibly sold.
Isn't Laird also on loan in QPR ?

avgp_1

Alex Telles — Sevilla;

Laird to QPR.

Also what happened to Mejbri loan to Birmingham? Havent seen any reports recently

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Alex Telles — Sevilla;

Ethan Laird also loaned and playing already

There will surely be several more loan deals done before close of window and maybe a few permanent deals - can add Bernard, Mengi, Galbraith to your list who were all on loan last season

Santos J

Laird to QPR.

Also what happened to Mejbri loan to Birmingham? Havent seen any reports recently
Still in discussions apparently, West Brom are linked as well & Pique's FC Andorra apparently offered a loan with £21m option for him.

avgp_1

Still in discussions apparently, West Brom are linked as well & Pique's FC Andorra apparently offered a loan with £21m option for him.
West Brom seems a better option than Birmingham for sure. Segunda is a big no if we have plans for him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ethan Laird also loaned and playing already

There will surely be several more loan deals done before close of window and maybe a few permanent deals - can add Bernard, Mengi, Galbraith to your list who were all on loan last season
Laird to QPR.

Cheers lads. Amended post.

IRN-BRUno

Poor source but Bernard was linked with a loan to Inter earlier in the week. He seems to be forgotten a lot when it comes to discussion on our CBs but he's only a year older than Mengi and seems to have done better than him at Championship level. Maybe a year in Ligue 1 would be good and he'd possibly be ready to get some opportunities here next season.

I can understand keeping some of those closer to the first team until nearer the end of the window when we have a better idea of our squad but it's a shame the ones below that level are missing out on a chunk of the season. Bishop is one, he had a move lined up before the pre-season tour but for some reason we held it back and that probably won't happen now. Galbraith is 21 now, didn't go on the tour and is still here. Seems pointless to keep him around when he could have had 5-6 games already elsewhere.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Poor source but Bernard was linked with a loan to Inter earlier in the week. He seems to be forgotten a lot when it comes to discussion on our CBs but he's only a year older than Mengi and seems to have done better than him at Championship level. Maybe a year in Ligue 1 would be good and he'd possibly be ready to get some opportunities here next season.

I can understand keeping some of those closer to the first team until nearer the end of the window when we have a better idea of our squad but it's a shame the ones below that level are missing out on a chunk of the season. Bishop is one, he had a move lined up before the pre-season tour but for some reason we held it back and that probably won't happen now. Galbraith is 21 now, didn't go on the tour and is still here. Seems pointless to keep him around when he could have had 5-6 games already elsewhere.
Bernard was going very well for Hull, even getting MOTM award but then new manager came in and didn't play as much - after Garner he probably had the most successful loan last season

But there are several who have gone completely off the radar since ETH arrived

Pogue Mahone

Here's how our rivals are doing:

Liverpool
Tyler Morton – Blackburn
Owen Beck – Famalicao
Leighton Clarkson – Aberdeen
Rhys Williams – Blackpool
Conor Bradley – Bolton
Billy Koumetio – Austria Wien
Marcelo Pitaluga – Macclesfield
Vitezslav Jaros – Stockport
Jakub Ojrzynski – Radomiak Radom
Adam Lewis – Newport County
James Balagizi – Crawley Town
Anderson Arroyo – Alaves

Manchester City

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Burnley
Tommy Doyle - Sheffield United
Yangel Herrera - Girona
Zack Steffen - Middlesbrough
Yan Couto - Girona
Nahuel Bustos - Sao Paulo
Diego Rosa - Vizela

Chelsea
Prince Adegoke - Welling United
Tino Anjorin Huddersfield
Nathan Baxter - Hull
Lucas Bergstrom - Peterborough
Levi Colwill - Brighton
Jamie Cumming MK Dons
Henry Lawrence MK Dons
Romelu Lukaku Inter
Ian Maatsen Burnley
Sam McClelland Barrow
Gabriel Slonina Chicago Fire
Ethan Wady Woking

Arsenal
Pablo Mari - Monza
Folarin Balogun - Reims
Nuno Tavares - Marseille
Auston Trusty - Birmingham City
Harry Clarke - Stoke City
Omar Rekik - Sparta Rotterdam
Mika Biereth - RKC
Ovie Ejeheri- Chelmsford City
Tyreece John-Jules - Ipswich
Nikolaj Moller - Den Bosc
Alex Kirk - Ayr United
Marcelo Flores - Oviedo
Arthur Okonkwo - Crewe
Ryan Alebiosu - Kilmarnock
Mazeed Ogungbo - Crawley Town
Charlie Patino - Blackpool

Gandalf

Clearly some of our business is being held up by the delays in sorting our incomings. I have seen it suggested that in the event that we do find a taker for AWB but don't sign a new RB in this window we intend to use Brandon Williams to back up Dalot. Not ideal but with a new manager a lot is in flux and so the same probably applies to several of our youngsters.

I am not sure why Chong is still here, he is well past the academy phase and has an expiring contract so if we don't sell him for whatever we can get in the next few days he is likely to waste another year of his career and we will lose him on a free. Axel is another in this situation I believe as well.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Mejbri to be added to the list.

Surely we'll find clubs for the likes of Amad, Pellestri, Mengi, Chong, Tuanzebe (!) and Williams? What sort of football are they likely to be playing here this season? Amad and Pellestri in particular looking like really odd signings at this point.

Trequarista10

Shoretire should be next in line I hope. The academy player who has had a taste of first team football/been around first team training for a while, but hasn't yet had a loan. Savage and Iqbal too.

Not sure if Championship clubs will be lining up for them though. May have to look at SPL, League One or similiar.