Television Loki (Tv series)

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
In your opinion, who is the strongest villain in Marvel lore? Would it be Thanos? Maybe Galactus?
'He who is above all' is the most powerful. Then 'the living tribune' the herald of 'he who Is above all'. Then the Beyonder.

Gambit

So none of what this was about and what will come next is anywhere in any comics, animation or books correct?
Nope, all in the comics. TVA, Kang, the one left standing (immortus is his name). Even the cloud guard dog. Enchantress being a version of Loki, multivers etc etc. Hell Kang is a descendant of Reed Richards.

SirAnderson

Nope, all in the comics. TVA, Kang, the one left standing (immortus is his name). Even the cloud guard dog. Enchantress being a version of Loki, multivers etc etc. Hell Kang is a descendant of Reed Richards.
Wait, are you saying no its not, or yes it is all in the comic books? :lol: It's late here.

Gambit

Wait, are you saying no its not, or yes it is all in the comic books? :lol: It's late here.
It's all in the comics. Not told exactly the same way but all there.
TVA was in the 80's while multiverse stories were around late 70's onwards, Kang was around from the 60's and one of the FF4's original baddies. A sci fi mix of Ghengis Khan and Ming the merciless from Flash Gordon.

Last edited:

dinostar77

Not sure if its been mentioned already, but some super geek picked up on the fact that each episode of Loki covers the powers and colours of the infinity stones.

It never occured to me at all.

SirAnderson

It's all in the comics. Not told exactly the same way but all there.
TVA was in the 80's while multiverse stories were around late 70's onwards, Kang was around from the 60's and one of the FF4's original baddies. A sci fi mix of Ghengis Khan and Ming the merciless from Flash Gordon.
I'm assuming these aren't readily available though? Limited additions and all that?

Beans

Supports
Neutral
'He who is above all' is the most powerful. Then 'the living tribune' the herald of 'he who Is above all'. Then the Beyonder.
I think you mean "The One Above All". Things have changed in the power rankings.

Gambit

I'm assuming these aren't readily available though? Limited additions and all that?
No, just regular comics. People don't realise how much stuff Marvel was printing from the late 70's onwards. Hundreds of titles every month. Spiderman alone had about 4 titles a month. Think the x-men had about 10. The MCU, hasn't even scratched the surface yet.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Potato, patato.
:lol: Yes in that patato is wrong!

The guy who does comics explained videos is pretty great if you ever wanna catch up on what’s happened. Personally I care more about the 90s universe that I read about when I was a kid, so “The Living Tribunal” for me is still at the top, even if some new entity is more powerful. He has a video on the old pantheon of the most powerful.

It seems they basically made a new pantheon of characters above the cosmic entities like “Eternity” were familiar with. I watched his videos but I forgot most of it now. Who can say how it will be in the MCU, if we ever even get such characters.

But they *we’re* gonna do The Living Tribunal in Infinity War or Endgame but it got cut. So I’m hoping we see them.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
No, just regular comics. People don't realise how much stuff Marvel was printing from the late 70's onwards. Hundreds of titles every month. Spiderman alone had about 4 titles a month. Think the x-men had about 10. The MCU, hasn't even scratched the surface yet.

I have Avengers 8 slabbed in a CGC 2.5, got it for $300 before Loki, last sold for $1500.

Gambit

:lol: Yes in that patato is wrong!

The guy who does comics explained videos is pretty great if you ever wanna catch up on what’s happened. Personally I care more about the 90s universe that I read about when I was a kid, so “The Living Tribunal” for me is still at the top, even if some new entity is more powerful. He has a video on the old pantheon of the most powerful.

It seems they basically made a new pantheon of characters above the cosmic entities like “Eternity” were familiar with. I watched his videos but I forgot most of it now. Who can say how it will be in the MCU, if we ever even get such characters.

But they *we’re* gonna do The Living Tribunal in Infinity War or Endgame but it got cut. So I’m hoping we see them.
The Living tribunal did make an appearance in Loki. Well his head did.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Marvel Unlimited has a lot of content so I imagine most, if not all, will be on there. Pricey if you're not using it to consume a lot of content, though.

SoCross

So did this Immortus fella manipulate/ignore what happened in Infinity Wars, Endgame etc since the TVA was a no show during all the bloody timetravel which happened?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
So did this Immortus fella manipulate/ignore what happened in Infinity Wars, Endgame etc since the TVA was a no show during all the bloody timetravel which happened?
Loki mentions it in the first or second episode and the TVA response was that they were supposed to time travel.

decorativeed

Just read that the composer of the music we have all been admiring is the same woman who did this:

My level of admiration has risen even more.

Sylar

Just read that the composer of the music we have all been admiring is the same woman who did this:

My level of admiration has risen even more.
Oh wow :lol: Thats quite a tidbit to know.

The Loki theme is one of my favs of the whole MCU.

TrustInOle

The Living tribunal did make an appearance in Loki. Well his head did.
I noticed this to, but thought it looked more like a statue of him? Regardless, they are paving the foundations for some very interesting plot lines.

TrustInOle

I think he just erased all variant timelines that would eventually birth a Kang? The Avengers going back in time to get the stones then eventually allowing Steve to take them all back in the exact moment they were taken stops the time line from branching, if Bruce and the Ancient ones conversation is to be believed.

I'm not entirely sure we are finished with the Ancient one as she seemed to be the only person aware of the single timeline that Kang had created and ultimately was in favour of not creating any branches, which is also in line with what Kang wanted.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Just finished this the other day.

Thought it was a very interesting concept, and on the whole was a good show. Important for wider world building, and giving the MCU more space to operate in.

Sylvie was a bit drab I thought, and a couple of the episodes were just meandering along without much happening.

Richard E Grant was great.

Kang / He Who Remains was a bit hit and miss. Thought the over the top goofiness didn't quite work, but the build up and suspense to seeing him was fantastic.

Woodzy

Watched this today and enjoyed it but I feel like (and this sounds stupid to say considering what we are talking about) MCU is starting to get a bit too mental.

Will it still have the same pull with these types of storylines? I can imagine more casual fans just being all like ‘wtf is going on here’

big rons sovereign

Watched this today and enjoyed it but I feel like (and this sounds stupid to say considering what we are talking about) MCU is starting to get a bit too mental.

Will it still have the same pull with these types of storylines? I can imagine more casual fans just being all like ‘wtf is going on here’
Really enjoyed Loki, it's definitely the best of the marvel TV shows.

Sylar

It will, as they've built a core base and will include these elements with established characters

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Filming on season 2 is finished (expected to air mid-2023 as part of Phase 5); new cast members include Katie Dickie (Lysa Arryn) and Ke Huy Quan (Short Round/Data).

The directing team is lead by Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhouse (The Endless/Synchronic/Moon Knight).

I recently re-watched the first season and this is easily the best of the Marvel TV shows to date. Expecting great things from S2.

Hamnat

The only Disney+ Marvel show to get a second season. They have a lot on their shoulders to deliver here. They have to keep interest in the multiverse and Kang variants after the mess that was Quantumania. They have to thread the needle in delivering a show that is satisfying in its own right as well.

Which Secret Invasion did not do despite it costing reportedly 200 million.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The only Disney+ Marvel show to get a second season. They have a lot on their shoulders to deliver here. They have to keep interest in the multiverse and Kang variants after the mess that was Quantumania. They have to thread the needle in delivering a show that is satisfying in its own right as well.

Which Secret Invasion did not do despite it costing reportedly 200 million.
Ha, I totally even forgot Quantumania came out. I watched the Flash but not that. That probably says an awful lot about how much my interest in Marvel has disappeared. I did however enjoy the latest Guardians movie.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Enjoyed the first episode. So glad they've drafted Moorhead and Benson over from Moon Knight duties, although you couldn't really feel their imprint on the opener.

They're directing 4 out of 6 episodes this season :drool:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Enjoyed the first episode. So glad they've drafted Moorhead and Benson over from Moon Knight duties, although you couldn't really feel their imprint on the opener.

They're directing 4 out of 6 episodes this season :drool:
Only 6 :(

Hamnat

Jonathan Majors for all his personal legal battles is an excellent actor. And you can really see why Marvel felt they could hang their entire multiverse plotline on his portrayal of the Kang variants. Even with Quantamania being awful, it wasn't his fault it was the writing and trying to shoehorn a plotline into a series that didn't need to be so "expansive" and 'pivotal' to the overall MCU.

Anyway I am not enjoying Sylvie this season. I am finding her drab and lost in this cast. I am not sure how to fix it either other than have her explore more Enchantress style character building maybe?

decorativeed

Jonathan Majors for all his personal legal battles is an excellent actor. And you can really see why Marvel felt they could hang their entire multiverse plotline on his portrayal of the Kang variants. Even with Quantamania being awful, it wasn't his fault it was the writing and trying to shoehorn a plotline into a series that didn't need to be so "expansive" and 'pivotal' to the overall MCU.

Anyway I am not enjoying Sylvie this season. I am finding her drab and lost in this cast. I am not sure how to fix it either other than have her explore more Enchantress style character building maybe?
Just watching episode 3, and finding Majors annoying as feck, just as I did in the finale of the last season. Didn't have this problem with him in Quantumania.

Overall, I'm finding this season a drag and only sticking with it due to the excellent production design and music.