London Olympic Countdown

Jaz

Border security to strike on eve of Olympics.

Chinese would probably work for free for their Olympics, ours want a pay rise.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
"In cleaning up London's graffiti for the Olympics city authorities threaten to squelch the work one of its biggest celebrities, the street artist Banksy, but on Monday the secretive graffiti artist showed he wouldn't be deterred from creating Olympics-related art while the whole world is watching. The new pieces that appeared on Banksy's website put police, who've threatened to remove any graffiti they find, in the position of having to power-wash valuable artwork.

The missile image above, and the pole-vaulter below are both new, following arrests of graffiti artists last week and the banning of street artists from Olympics venues. The Guardian's Jonathan Jones argued on Friday that Banksy was one of the great attractions of London, a point borne out by the popularity of his 2009 show at the Bristol Museum and the fact that his works sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars. When Bristol street cleaners painted over a Banksy work in 2007, it was considered a serious mistake. Based on his new works, the artist clearly plans to use the olympics as fodder, essentially daring the city to carry out its threats against street art."

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Thanks Solius and greatly appreciated. I really thought at one time this was going to die.
Did u now - u did feck all about this thread.

Was me who carried it through the dark days

Sylar

I love the 24 Olympic channels that BBC have set up. All in HD as well.

buckooo1978

anyone know anything about womens football

for betting purposes

are Japan gonna beat France?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
First feck up of the Olympics: displaying South Korea's flag for North Korea at Hampden Park in the women's soccer game. It will be swiftly changed to the Japanese flag, surely.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Noo! Paul McCartney in the opening ceremony. I was hoping for more British rock that isn't the Beatles.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
And the cock-ups begin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18991619

North Korea women in Olympic flag row

The North Korean women's football team walk off the pitch at Hampden Park after the South Korean flag was wrongly displayed.
That will be story of these games, the details or the organisation will be embarrassing.

We can do the civil engineering projects like building stadiums because that is professional companies with experts who know what they are doing, the important details, like creating a diplomatic incident with the flags, they put a bunch of bleeding amateurs in charge with zero common sense.

Crustanoid

Will this be the thread to discuss non-football sports? If so the archery starts today - however the BBCs promise that we 'won't miss a moment' has already fallen short as it isn't on the tele. Not that I take much notice of most of these sports outside the period of the Olympics!

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Will this be the thread to discuss non-football sports? If so the archery starts today - however the BBCs promise that we 'won't miss a moment' has already fallen short as it isn't on the tele. Not that I take much notice of most of these sports outside the period of the Olympics!
I was under the impression that the whole Other Sports forum was available Olympic topics, not one thread alone. Too many contrasting or differing discussions otherwise.