Look to the positives

Silverman

We played very well and SHOULD have won.

It's a very disappointing result but its important to put it into perspective.

We aren't strong enough to catch City anyway so we should still be very confident to finish top 4.

Lots of positives in the attacking third and in midfield. We have Diallo to add to this too.

We need a new CB and personally I think we need to give Henderson a more important role. De Gea has too many mistakes in him nowadays.

BlueHaze

Impossible to be positive after dropping a free 3 pointer in that embarrassing manner.

Crashoutcassius

Played well today. Only negatives are that we just can't be clinical with so many of our big chances, and that ddg made mistakes, if his form dips again it can cost us 10 PTS like last year

Bwuk

Could of would of should of.

We have too many players mentally not up to it.

Cloud7

Considering the way the season started if we finish in second place that would be superb.

However, this isn't the time to be looking at the positives and the bigger picture. There was no reason to drop those points that we dropped today. We should have continued to be on par with City. We can't say "It's a disappointing result but these things happen" every week. At some point we need to take responsibility as a team for what's going on and realize that we had/have a massive chance this season, that's not guaranteed to be the same next season, and we're throwing it away.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Midfield and attack played really well, you shouldn't ever score three goals and not win the match. The defence need looking at, we've conceded five more than Liverpool who haven't had a fit centre back at times. :lol: Far more positive for us this season though, I feel like to progress further we need a little bit more quality in defence, like City got this season with that Dias.

Deery

Dreary
I thought we played quite well too, but you just knew we would throw it away hard to take positives from that. The same old story DeGea and Maguire.

stubie

On a positive note loving the attacking football at the moment.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
:lol: Yeah hard to be positive after such a game. Oh and Henderson isn’t really an upgrade on DDG based on the games he has played for us this season. Playing and impressing for SU is not comparable to playing for United.
Giving away the lead twice! So infuriating.
Will be positive again tomorrow. Good night for now.

eire-red

As much as we have improved our level of performance, we still haven't cut out those errors and soft goals.

It's not just a minor issue, it's really worrying because you can't give away soft goals like we do and win anything of note.

It can't be just the personell either because none of the goals conceded tonight needed a world class CB pairing, or a top GK to deal with. They are real lapses of concentration and all sorts of wrong on a basic level of football. Be brave, clear you lines, be organised.

It's a serious issue, and something Ole has to figure out real soon. We give the opposition too many chances, and way too much encouragement as it is, and we subsequently can't deal with the pressure that brings.

el3mel

This should have been very easy game after first half. We bottled it and bottled it hard.

It still a pretty good season overall but such results won't really help if we want to actually win the league or challenge for it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm actually glad I'm personally fuming over an Everton draw at home, just like old times. :lol:

ExoduS

Positives? After the first half I was so happy (besides that clear chamce we gave them at the very end). Second half was a disaster of massive proportions. It proved that we don't have bravery and courage. We looked like little boys without a proper leader . No positives to be taken. The negative: this team needs a leader! A real leader. Roy Keene, Vidic, Steve Bruce sort a leader. Hard man that will infuse some courage into these little boys with undeveloped balls.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The positives are what makes this result piss-boiling.

We strolled through the game, played extremely well but it's pissed away by the cowardice and complacency of one player.

Even when it went to 2-2, we took back control of the game easily and kept working until we got the goal. It was fine performance. That's what makes this so maddening.

Yorke to Cole

Keep dropping needless points. That is not positive. If you keep looking at "positves" you mask over the mistakes and do not improve as a team. It was sloppy and the goalkeeper is culpable. When you have Liverpool playing Manchester City, it was an opportunity to retain points. Not good enough for a team who has aspirations to trying to win the big trophies.

I am extremely disappointed and there are mistakes that need to be looked at.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We should have won comfortably. I was saying just kill the game by passing it aimlessly.

If we had left on Greenwood we ironically would have won.

Tuanzebe is not good enough. At least we can take that. Had a nightmare against the crowd in Turkey, then Sheffield United and now messes up today.

BlueHaze

How are Everton a free 3 points haha
You kidding? It was only 30 secs left and look at that entire last sequence that led up to the goal. 3 points were in the bag if it wasn't for piss poor errors that keep happening time and time again.

Robbie Boy

3 shots on target and 3 conceded. Obvious where are problems lie. We were the bettee team on evey other metric.

UDontMessWith24

I’d rather look at how many points have been dropped in the manner than your positives. This is not a freak occurrence and the reasons were not leading the league at current time are internal and self inflicted. Football is a bottom line business

Adamsk7

Thing is, we’re getting caught up in the media hype of our title challenge. If we’re all honest, we’re not there yet.
however, I am positive because this season we’ve developed in to a clear top four side. We were miles better than Everton, completely dominated them, but it’s defensive mistakes that have cost us. Defensive mistakes have cost us all season. Now we know where we have to improve in the summer as the rest of the team has got so much more coherent that it’s obvious. I am certain we will get two defensive additions in the summer and we will be all the better for it.

This is not a short term project and understandably our improvement this season has given us all a bit of false hope that we’re there and we’re ready. We’re not but I am convinced more than I have been since Fergie that we will be very soon.

The Hilton

Completely dominant, which we've been a lot more this season, its a great general improvement. We do need to get smarter at seeing out matches - run it into the corner at the end and we take a deserved 3 points

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I’d rather look at how many points have been dropped in the manner than your positives. This is not a freak occurrence and the reasons were not leading the league at current time are internal and self inflicted. Football is a bottom line business
Errrm... isn’t this a freak occurance?

Crashoutcassius

You kidding? It was only 30 secs left and look at that entire last sequence that led up to the goal. 3 points were in the bag if it wasn't for piss poor errors that keep happening time and time again.
Just a wierd way to describe it I guess... A free three points... But I get what you are saying now, we had done the hard work and had the 3 points wrapped up if we were good enough to see it out , was very hard to watch

M Bison

Supports
York City
Bizarrely, it’s positive that there’s so much anger in this thread, shows we’re heading in the right direction and improving because we’ve dropped points we didn’t deserve to, that’s a positive perhaps?!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Played well today. Only negatives are that we just can't be clinical with so many of our big chances, and that ddg made mistakes, if his form dips again it can cost us 10 PTS like last year
We can score goals every game and still drop points. Scoring goals is not the problem, its the defense screwing up and i wont be pissed if they were outplayed by skillful players, they're committing mistakes that rookies shouldn't even be making. It already cost us the CL and now it has cost us the PL and it will cost us the FA Cup also.

siw2007

It was a really good performance and we need to keep playing like this. Gutted about the result, the defence and DDG should hang their heads in shame after tonight. Playing this way should win us a lot of games as long as the back line wake up and do their jobs. There must be a new signing here in the summer.

However, I’m not as bullish about top 4 as others may be. We may be in 2nd for now but it’s so close at the top that Amy period of bad form sees us fall out of the top 4, we need to put some distance between us and fifth but we aren’t going to do that if we can’t get cut out the mistakes.

Superunknown

In their post-match team-talks, I really hope that they're not talking about the positives. We made clear mistakes and those mistakes need fixing. It's not really a time to stroke our players' egos and look on the bright side of life. We were winning 2-0 at half time, played pretty shit at the start of the second and conceded 2 goals, then retook the lead, before conceding a really, really late equaliser. The performance needs to be properly assessed so that we don't make the same basic mistakes again. It's fixable, but only if the players and the coaching staff actively try to fix it. Pure game management stuff. This has been all said before, which shows that we need to work on this if we want to end up with trophies.

Someone

Something
There're a lot of positives and this team is certainly going in the right direction, which is why dropping points in this manner is infuriating.

It's the hope that kills you.

UDontMessWith24

Bizarrely, it’s positive that there’s so much anger in this thread, shows we’re heading in the right direction and improving because we’ve dropped points we didn’t deserve to, that’s a positive perhaps?!
Nope. Not when you’re good enough to contend for the league and are failing to do so because of chronic ill-discipline

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Bigger picture we are improving on the pitch but we aren’t winning anything with this side either. The spirit is there but the quality is not. We aren’t so far off but we are still clearly lacking. Whoever decided to make DDG the highest paid keeper ever should be fired.

Crashoutcassius

We can score goals every game and still drop points. Scoring goals is not the problem, its the defense screwing up and i wont be pissed if they were outplayed by skillful players, they're committing mistakes that rookies shouldn't even be making. It already cost us the CL and now it has cost us the PL and it will cost us the FA Cup also.
True, well i didn't cost is the pl or fa cup, but true that it is an issue. But we had good chances to out it behind doubt today as we often do. Wish we would put them away. Good team performance , ironically we were beaten by individual errors while people used to say we won by individual brilliance only

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
We can still be happy about us having taken massive steps this season, but at the same time be extremely pissed that we YET AGAIN threw away 2 points for nothing. Our defenders(Not Shaw) should be ashamed of themselves, and Ole needs to take a good look at himself and also tell us the idea behind Tuanzebe instead of Matic...