Louis Van Gaal | 2015-16 Performance Thread

Van Gaal: The verdict

• 1) Sack him now.

• 2) Sack him at the end of the season.

• 3) Let him see out his contract and part ways after that.

• 4) Extend his contract.

• Undecided (between 1 and 2).

• Undecided (between 2 and 3).

• Undecided (between 3 and 4, if things improve before his contract expires, extend).

Results are only viewable after voting.

SammyUnited_83

The hope is that they will hire someone with a similiar philosophy, so it won't be a case of starting all over again.
I fecking hope not, or if by similar you mean someone who wants to attack, work the keeper and play attractive football, then I am all for it.

:)

prateik

Bit sneaky the way they leave out forward passes. With the most possession you'd expect us to have the most passes, in every direction.

Still, the bottom half makes fairly grim reading on its own.
They mention sideways and backward pass in %.
You can calculate forward passes.. 30.1%.
And if we are 1st and 2nd in backward and sideways passing, then we have to be pretty low in the forward passing (by %, not number)

SirAF

Ageist
I fecking hope not, or if by similar you mean someone who wants to attack, work the keeper and play attractive football, then I am all for it.

:)
By similar I mean someone who will continue to play with a great deal of possession. I hear Pep might get tired of Bayern soon! It wouldn't make sense to let LvG transform United for three years and then hire someone like Mourinho (just an example).

misterredmist

On the basis that LvG has got top pedigree, backed with majors successes and he knows a lot more about the game than I do, I am willing to give him time , he's no fool ... I mean , I know the Ginger Ninja has had a pop at LvG and it is his right to do so and makes some fair points, but I am of the opinion that LvG will get it right....

as for Scholes, it's just a shame his opinion wasn't so forthright when that Swedish Tefal head was playing him out on the left for England, but hey, at least that got him retired quicker which was beneficial to us........

Sigma

Because he's an idiot.
You have to take into account that this is his second language and maybe that's not the way he wanted to say it. I don't think there was anything wrong with that comment tbh. What I found a bit bad was him saying we are always entertaining, which atm we aren't.

SirAF

Ageist
You have to take into account that this is his second language and maybe that's not the way he wanted to say it. I don't think there was anything wrong with that comment tbh. What I found a bit bad was him saying we are always entertaining, which atm we aren't.
I was talking about Prateik! :lol:

Sigma

I was talking about Prateik! :lol:
ah :lol:

Bit sneaky the way they leave out forward passes. With the most possession you'd expect us to have the most passes, in every direction.

Still, the bottom half makes fairly grim reading on its own.
If we are 1st and 2nd with Backward and sideway passes (percentage) wouldn't we have a very low percentage of forward passes compared to everyone else?

prath92

Does he mean Boro are good enough to beat City every time? Obviously not. he is pointing out a bad result for City. What does that have to do with anything.

He might as well say we lost to MK Dons who were in League one so drawing against Championship side is a step up.
Pointless excuse.

iirc, City were away and got back the morning of the match. They might have underestimated Boro, but their players had a more legitimate excuse than what we did.
This probably was Middlesbrough's biggest match of the season or at least first half of the season. Whereas for us it's our least important match what with the league being so competitive and all, and having CL to contend with. Which is why we often see upsets here. Our main concern would be to get through 90 or 120 minutes without major injuries. They would obviously be more up for it than we would be.

Its the transfer policy which has aided to our lack of options in attack. Why get rid of RVP, Nani and Hernandez? All would have got games and would have provided cover as well. At least one of RVP or Hernandez should have been retained. Rooney was meant to be a no9 now he cannot play in that position so he seems to playing deeper. Martial has been a good signing but it playing out wide. We are now talking about splashing out more money on Kane?? We are starting to become another club spending money willy nilly however not getting any sort of consistency within the team.
RvP was over it. Hernandez didn't want to be second or third choice and left. We have been spot on with our transfer business for 2 seasons. Most of the sales we made were justified as they have hardly performed for their new clubs. most of our transfer business were sensible too. Of course AdM valdes and falcao didn't work out but that's what? 3 out of 13? That's not bad at all. The Kane story is just a thread created here. If we wanted him we would have already bought him.

bleedred

I am done with him. Same shit every week. The sooner we lose him, the better it is for us. Process and Philosohpy are fecking scam.

marlowe78

What's going to be his explanation this week? We absolutely should lose this game.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I guess where this season heads to will depend on how we handle the Roooney puzzle..
Said this a while ago but sticking with Rooney will probably lead to Van Gaal getting the sack.

At this stage though I'm wondering how much of this is Rooney's fault or Van Gaal's, I mean the amount of passes we need to make to create a single chance is insane.

Water Melon

We are not gonna improve under LvG, and our playing style will not get us in top 2. Painful to watch, hopeless to think about.

Bwuk

Sooner he's gone the better. Can't believe we've got this tit and Liverpool got themselves Klopp.

Can't wait to read on here from some hipsters about how we are actually playing well. We are dross.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think when a team is set up around one player that player needs to be pretty insanely special. Ronnie at Real a case in point. He's less exciting to watch these days and Real are a bit boring IMV, but his goal scoring record is insane.

It seems Rooney is that player for us, to the team's obvious detriment. There is no player in the Prem I would build a team around. And I quite like Wenger's opposition of individual awards with the focus on the team. Louis cannot possibly maintain the same attitude.

izec

Before the City agme it actually looked decent, but we really have turned impotent the last few games.

Raw

First time I'm saying this but I'd rather get someone else in. 3 0-0 games in a row, such a waste of time.

Bojan11

Predictable away performance from us. His refusal to drop or take Rooney off is silly.

Under another manager I think we could be challenging for the title.

Think people are going to start turning now.

Woodenlung

He put his faith in Rooney and has been let down. He's assembled this squad and they're playing awful football and have done so for the last month. This won't change either. He's obsessed with possession and control. We'll only stick even more rigidly to the system as he's sure its the right way.

pseudo_canadian

For the first time in his tenure here I'm really starting to get aggravated with him and his philosophy crap. What the feck is he trying to accomplish on the pitch?

And don't even get me started on the Rooney fiasco. fecking hell.

Godfather

Good god he has no plan B at all. This is crazy stuff. Never been bored as much as from watching United. I'd rather watch flies feck these days.

bubbles_

When everyone is playing badly, it has to be the managers fault.

First time I've suggested this, but think i'm turning against him.

mu77

he's made so if we make a mistake , just one we could drop points. that's a single mistake in either end. mistake in our box or a miskick on a chance (the only one we get). he needs to get the sack asap because we've gone sideways not really forward.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think this is the last straw for me. Van Gaal is a complete tool and has shown nothing at all here. I will be celebrating the day he'll be sacked as a small trophy.

I think that now I am in the same stage I was with Moyes.