Television Love Island 2019

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So weird seeing people gossiping about this :lol:
Even weirder when a couple of your mates watch it and never shut up. People get so into it.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
From never being in the episode to going straight for the shift to cock blocking himself. Jaysus fecking Christ what was he thinking and why did he say it to her.

Josep Dowling

From never being in the episode to going straight for the shift to cock blocking himself. Jaysus fecking Christ what was he thinking and why did he say it to her.
I think he knew straight away he had fecked up and then tried to style it out as a joke :lol:.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He just scored an injury time own goal in the FA cup final. It was there, all he had to do was clear it out, took too much fannying about and it'll cost him the cup.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
He just wants the floor to swallow him up and never spit him back out

Josep Dowling

Agreed. Annoying how the women all loved her - she offered nothing to him.

Danny and Arabella will be voted off.

Would never have said it in the first week, but Anton deserves a bit of luck!
Exactly my thoughts.

El-Manos

She didn’t take that well at all. The man has a right to choose whoever he wants like :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think he knew straight away he had fecked up and then tried to style it out as a joke :lol:.
I think the funny thing is he was completely oblivious and didn't even realize he fecked up and proceeded to just say it right to her like it was cool. :lol: Then when he tried to blame it on the guys he couldn't even string a sentence together.

She didn’t take that well at all. The man has a right to choose whoever he wants like :lol:
The sense of entitlement dripping off of her was astonishing. "How dare he." How dare he not choose you after you've had the personality and emotions of a brick wall until you felt threatened and ramped it up with... sitting on him. Good riddance, her behaviour in the past week has been bizarre and childish.

binary bot
Would love to know to how much scripting happens behind the scenes. Anton's speech came straight from a producer's mouth.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Would love to know to how much scripting happens behind the scenes. Anton's speech came straight from a producer's mouth.
All of it scripted. even the coupling up is given in order of who's choice will have the most dramatic effect, for example Danny tonight with Yewande/Arabella and Tommy last time with Molly/Maura. Those words coming out of Tommy's mouth in his coupling was something out of Disney love film, and Danny's speech "She's intelligent, she brings something to the villa no one has" was to make you think he was talking about both girls for suspense.. Yewande because she's a scientist, and Arabella because she was new to the villa.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All of it scripted. even the coupling up is given in order of who's choice will have the most dramatic effect, for example Danny tonight with Yewande/Arabella and Tommy last time with Molly/Maura. Those words coming out of Tommy's mouth in his coupling was something out of Disney love film, and Danny's speech "She's intelligent, she brings something to the villa no one has" was to make you think he was talking about both girls for suspense.. Yewande because she's a scientist, and Arabella because she was new to the villa.
Yes it's quite clearly heavily directed to help make the show more entertaining. They can also edit it how they like to make somebody look good/bad.

Danny + Yewande was never going to work, zero chemistry and it was just an awkward mess towards the end.

Seems like the rest are going to be quite hostile towards them for the next few days at least, I wonder if they'll somehow win immunity in some sort of challenge.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Why? That Yewande was an absolute twat.

I can't believe I've been sitting through this shit however many nights a week, it's so bad.
It’s horrible you know it’s awful yet somehow end up still watching this shit. I only started because I sit down with my mum around that time for a cuppa and she watched it. Next thing I know here I am

And yes she was annoying as shit

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Why? That Yewande was an absolute twat.

I can't believe I've been sitting through this shit however many nights a week, it's so bad.
It's so bad it's great.

Danny fed Yewande lies about how his head will never be turned, she ticks all his boxes, he can't see anyone else coming in that will interest him. She asked him if he was telling the truth because it's very early to make such statements, he said yes it's true.

Should she have opened up more and been more affectionate to him? Yes, but I can't fault a girl for having insecurities, I can identify with it even.

Arabella coming in is what it took Yewande to realise she could lose Danny, and she began giving him everything he wanted from her - only for him to say it's forced and he doesn't believe her to be genuine.
It's okay for Danny to question whether Yewande was being genuine, but when Yewande questions whether Danny is genuine she gets slated for it.

Even after all that, she tells Danny that she won't stand in the way of him and Arabella seeing if they are compatible because everyone deserves to find someone they like in here, however she made it clear that she has feelings for him so he knows where she stands.

How does that make her a twat?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s horrible you know it’s awful yet somehow end up still watching this shit. I only started because I sit down with my mum around that time for a cuppa and she watched it. Next thing I know here I am

And yes she was annoying as shit
In my case it's the wife watching it and so I got dragged into sitting through it. It's the epitome of shit TV.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Danny uses the guise of being a nice guy to shirk away from any responsibility of his actions. He lied constantly to both girls, and shied away from being honest until confronted about it.

He and Arabella were talking about Yewande behind her back constantly, but any reaction from Yewande makes her out to be the bad guy.
You hate to see it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's so bad it's great.

Danny fed Yewande lies about how his head will never be turned, she ticks all his boxes, he can't see anyone else coming in that will interest him. She asked him if he was telling the truth because it's very early to make such statements, he said yes it's true.

Should she have opened up more and been more affectionate to him? Yes, but I can't fault a girl for having insecurities, I can identify with it even.

Arabella coming in is what it took Yewande to realise she could lose Danny, and she began giving him everything he wanted from her - only for him to say it's forced and he doesn't believe her to be genuine.
It's okay for Danny to question whether Yewande was being genuine, but when Yewande questions whether Danny is genuine she gets slated for it.

Even after all that, she tells Danny that she won't stand in the way of him and Arabella seeing if they are compatible because everyone deserves to find someone they like in here, however she made it clear that she has feelings for him so he knows where she stands.

How does that make her a twat?
He was saying for a while that he was getting nothing back, but he was trying to bring her out of her shell because he liked her.

She was fake as feck and the way she reacted after the new girl came in was as see-through as a freshly polished window. Just plonking herself down to sit on him was super cringy and obvious and and she was catty as shit about the new girl, then whispering right in front of her and the way she spoke to them and kept cutting them off was extremely rude and enormously arrogant.

And the whole "how dare he" bollocks at the end as if she's somehow entitled to be kept in was ridiculous.

Basically she's a obnoxious arrogant shrew.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He was saying for a while that he was getting nothing back, but he was trying to bring her out of her shell because he liked her.

She was fake as feck and the way she reacted after the new girl came in was as see-through as a freshly polished window. Just plonking herself down to sit on him was super cringy and obvious and and she was catty as shit about the new girl, then whispering right in front of her and the way she spoke to them and kept cutting them off was extremely rude and enormously arrogant.

And the whole "how dare he" bollocks at the end as if she's somehow entitled to be kept in was ridiculous.

Basically she's a obnoxious arrogant shrew.
The way she sat on him was hilarious, not every girl has grace and elegance all the time - being awkward is still very common :lol:

But yeah I'm not saying she did nothing wrong, but I don't have any sympathy for a guy who says one thing and suddenly changes his mind within 1 day, then talks about you behind your back constantly, while lying to everyone about his intentions and what he wants.

He admitted that he wanted to string Yewande on without ever being honest about how he felt about Arabella to her - meanwhile talking badly about Yewande every time he was with Arabella. Even after that Yewande didn't react badly or stop him from pursuing Arabella.
That's incredibly childish immature and a feckboy move. I'm glad Yewande called him out on it and stood up for herself.
Any reaction she gave would've made her look bad to anyone who didn't like her already.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Yewande, Maura, Curtis, Amy, Anna, Amber, Arabella and Danny should all be thrown in a volcano.

I’m sure more will be added

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
In my case it's the wife watching it and so I got dragged into sitting through it. It's the epitome of shit TV.
it's absolutely awful but I've become addicted through sitting with the missus when she started watching it every night and now I fecking hate myself for it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The way she sat on him was hilarious, not every girl has grace and elegance all the time - being awkward is still very common :lol:

But yeah I'm not saying she did nothing wrong, but I don't have any sympathy for a guy who says one thing and suddenly changes his mind within 1 day, then talks about you behind your back constantly, while lying to everyone about his intentions and what he wants.

He admitted that he wanted to string Yewande on without ever being honest about how he felt about Arabella to her - meanwhile talking badly about Yewande every time he was with Arabella. Even after that Yewande didn't react badly or stop him from pursuing Arabella.
That's incredibly childish immature and a feckboy move. I'm glad Yewande called him out on it and stood up for herself.
Any reaction she gave would've made her look bad to anyone who didn't like her already.
The whole idea of keeping your options open is kind of the foundation of the show. They go into it with their eyes open and moaning about people maintaining an interesting in two people to see which develops better is disingenuous.

Yewande just displayed a horrible level of arrogance and self-righteousness that showed her to be a very unpleasant person.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yewande, Maura, Curtis, Amy, Anna, Amber, Arabella and Danny should all be thrown in a volcano.

I’m sure more will be added
Amy is a witch, guarantee she was a bully at school who picked on the girls she didn't consider to "fit in", and Curtis does my fecking head in acting like a camp counselor all the time giving everyone advice.

Maura is awesome, she's hilarious and pretty much the only likable character in there.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The whole idea of keeping your options open is kind of the foundation of the show. They go into it with their eyes open and moaning about people maintaining an interesting in two people to see which develops better is disingenuous.

Yewande just displayed a horrible level of arrogance and self-righteousness that showed her to be a very unpleasant person.
But that's the thing, he told Yewande that he wasn't keeping his options open, and his head wasn't going to get turned. She asked him if he was telling the truth, he said yes.
He then said that the only thing he wants from Yewande is affection - she started giving him affection - should be pretty simple, right? He got everything he said he wanted.

If he didn't lie to Yewande before Arabella came into the house, I would agree with you but you can't discount the things he was telling Yewande before Arabella came into the house, that has a fundamental impact on their whole dynamic as a couple in the house.

The situation a direct mirror of the whole Maura/Molly Mae drama, except that Tommy actually stuck to his word to Molly, was honest to both girls about the situation and didn't talk about Molly to Maura, behind her back & vice versa. That's the objective of the game and the best way to keep your options open.
Danny was disingenuous and got called out on it.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Has anyone seen pictures of some of them modelling?

Heres Danny

:lol:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Amy is a witch, guarantee she was a bully at school who picked on the girls she didn't consider to "fit in", and Curtis does my fecking head in acting like a camp counselor all the time giving everyone advice.

Maura is awesome, she's hilarious and pretty much the only likable character in there.
I reckon she didn't fit in, and is now getting her own back.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
She’s entertaining to have in the show, I was thinking more I get the impression she’d be a huge headache to be around in the real world though
I dunno, to me she (and Anton, sort of) seems the only one in there with a bit of cop-on and isn't stuck up her own hole. I think it's great that she doesn't take any shit from anyone. The whole thing with Tom yesterday was hilarious, she absolutely destroyed him.

She's basically just a typical loud, funny, brash Irish country girl thrown into a villa full of pretentious, self-obsessed, immature idiots and it makes for great entertainment cause they just can't handle her.

SteveTheRed

Maura is brilliant, saved the show. Absolutely ruined the poor lad Tom, although bit disappointed she just forgive him the next morning.

She said it would have been over if he made excuses...he did! He said "the boys said lets see if she is all mouth or not and I just repeated"...but it was his statement.

And glad that Yewande has been binned, sorry I just didn't buy it. Faked it as soon as new girl turned up and wondered why Danny moved on? All 3 of them a shites.

Heardy

Michael and Amber ftw.
Biggest 180 in the show for me. She was horrendous in the beginning - bitchy as hell and came across as 100% full of herself. That Michael has softened her and as she's chilled out, she's come across WAY better than she did in the first week when couple up with Callum.

United Hobbit

I loosely watch this eg it is on but I'll be on here etc at the same time

I'm struggling to see what all the girls see in Danny he's probably the least attractive in there and not the best personality yet the girls are all fighting over him

I liked Curtis originally but he and Amy are starting to get on my wick need something to shake them up a bit, they did it to Danny and Jack last year, I got excited when they were having that tiff the other day then its almost like they are the golden couple and the show is really flogging for them to win, how convenient she was refusing to speak to him then oh look they are invited on a date and kiss and make up I wanted to see how long she would ignore him for. Also the way they keep offering advice they come across as very smug oh look at us and how perfect we are. Need something to test if they are truly genuinely into each other

I also found Anton very irritating in the beginning and now feel sorry for him, I also cant warm to Amber.

Glad Maura has made it more interesting it was exceptionally dull until then

How much longer have they got left in there?