Loving players from rival teams...

killerboi2

Don't know about love but I was a big fan of Torres at Liverpool. He had a certain swagger and entertainment factor to his game that some of the other prolific PL scorers after him have lacked (Suarez, Salah, Kane, Aguero etc) in my opinion.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What the hell is this 'loving' players nonsense?

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Out of the current ones Kompany, Salah, Milner, Lloris.

From times past, Benayoun, Arshavin, Drogba, Micah Richards.

C'est Moi Cantona

Maybe not the right thread, but I used to love the 'maverick' players, Le Tissier, Jay Jay Okocha, our own Cantona, etc, or the ' hard men' Ferguson, Keane, Vinnie Jones, Pearce, just didn't know what you were gonna get.

I swear characters like this have mostly vanished nowadays, players just seems a bit dull in the main, too much money in the game to be a bit mad, and social media images to protect probably nowadays.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I swear characters like this have mostly vanished nowadays, players just seems a bit dull in the main, too much money in the game to be a bit mad, and social media images to protect probably nowadays.
I know most on here think he’s a cnut, but I’ve got a soft spot for Suarez the nutter. :nervous:

Cloud7

Don't know about love but I was a big fan of Torres at Liverpool. He had a certain swagger and entertainment factor to his game that some of the other prolific PL scorers after him have lacked (Suarez, Salah, Kane, Aguero etc) in my opinion.
Liverpool Torres was a joy to watch. The way he could just destroy defenders was something special. One of my favourite players during that period of time.

kambinks

Nope, never felt that way.

Didn't like Sanchez at Arsenal and don't like him now.
Same. Actually felt the same with RVP even though he was monumental to our league run in his first year I just can't grow to like him. Appreciate his goals and all but I'd rather read something about Jones or O'shea before being interested in any RVP news.

Loved Berba though but spurs was hardly a rival when we signed him.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Chicharito - I know it doesn't make sense because he always used to score against us.

I'm struggling to think of anyone I like from Arsenal or Spurs. Not counting Cech obviously because I'd force people to worship him if it was legal. Son/Eriksen are not as unlikeable as the rest. I guess Mkhitaryan from Arsenal, but that's mainly because I read his story when it was posted in here.

Denis79

Love is a strong word but I really liked Le Tissier. For me he was a fantastic player.

Cloud7

I was a big fan of Salomon Kalou when he was at Chelsea.
That’s a curious one. That Chelsea team had quite a lot of players I liked, like Drogba, Malouda, Lampard, Essien, Cole, Terry.

Of all of them, how did you manage to become a big fan of Kalou?

Carolina Red

Staff
That’s a curious one. That Chelsea team had quite a lot of players I liked, like Drogba, Malouda, Lampard, Essien, Cole, Terry.

Of all of them, how did you manage to become a big fan of Kalou?
I really liked his style of play. He was really fun to watch play, and I even watch Hertha Berlin to see him play today.

He also seemed to have a good personality and he does good stuff for the community.

Carolina Red

Staff
Another I’ve loved watching since he was at Lyon (and always bought him for United on a Fifa career mode) is Alexandre Lacazette.

I wish he was here and not at Arsenal so badly.

Jibbs

Really like David Silva, Hazard when in form like today is a delight to watch, always wish we had a striker like Kane / we had signed Kane himself. Desperately want us to sign Neves.

quackattack

Silva seems like a good bloke. As for former players, my all time fav. was Rosicky. Wanted him so badly to United.

luke511

Love's a bad word to use, but will always be a massive fan of Henry, and Yaya Toure in his prime.

Hughes35

Not really anymore. Maybe getting old (29) but football isn't what it used to be. Used to love loads of players; Zidane, Jay-Jay Okocha, Di Canio, Campo, Henry, Zlatan, Zola etc

Now though? I like Hazard as a player but he doesn't have the same aura that the others mentioned have. I love Ronaldo and think I would even if he hadn't played for Utd, that's probably about it though. There isn't the same characters anymore.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I liked Glen Little and Robbie Blake even when they played for Burnley, and though I of course despised the team that they played for.

I did find Burnley pretty enjoyable to watch for a few years under Stan Ternent in the early part of the 00s, even though I still wanted them to fail miserably.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Salah AND Milner :wenger:

What the feck is wrong with you lot

KTP_ZA

Really liked Bergkamp as a player but other than that no one really comes to mind

Trizy

Karius. Legend.

Torres when he was a scouse, would've given anything to have him in an United shirt :nervous:.
Vincent Kompany, the big headed feck is a very decent person off the field.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Bergkamp, Yeboah, Asprilla.

I was even more fiercely loyal to united as a kid but still, these three!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm a fan of Lass Schöne.

Also rather hard to dislike Frenkie De Jong. He's like one of those children's cartoons epitome of the perfect little happy smiley boy. Actually, on second thought, he's rather grating. Eloquent little cnut. Feck him.

Meh, Schöne can feck off too actually.

No one.

Giggsyking

Owen. I really loved him when he played at Liverpool. When he joined us I was so happy :lol:.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm a huge Germany fan, more than United, so yea there are a lot of players in opposition teams I like. United doesn't seem to sign any themselves :rolleyes:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I like tons of rival players...Nothing wrong with liking quality footballers.

I mean, you can like footballers whilst at the same time disliking the team they play for.

Himannv

I liked Makelele, Essien, and Lampard. Also didn't mind Carvalho as a player. on the other hand, I absolutely hated Terry and Cole.

Chelsea aren't exactly rivals though (title rivals maybe) so I'd agree with this post:

Owen. I really loved him when he played at Liverpool. When he joined us I was so happy :lol:.