Lucas Paquetá is under investigation for potential betting breaches

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Anyone impressed with this guy ? He was brilliant yesterday.

How's his betting case going on ? Would really prefer us to sign someone like this guy

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He has £100m move to United written all over him.

KeanoMagicHat

That pass for the goal was filthy. West Ham have picked up a few players recently that would start for top clubs. Moyes was always good at identifying talent to be fair to him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was agreed for 70m . Why would that change to 100 when he has a betting case on him ? I don't think he signed any extension, since then ?

always_hoping

That pass for the goal was filthy. West Ham have picked up a few players recently that would start for top clubs. Moyes was always good at identifying talent to be fair to him.
Helped greatly by Man United players giving him the time and room to pick out the pass and nobody tracking Bowen.

Danny

Helped greatly by Man United players giving him the time and room to pick out the pass and nobody tracking Bowen.
To be fair though that was probably the only time he found that space and time in and around our box and he made it count perfectly- it's what a real playmaker can do.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thought at the time, his yellow card was sus as hell. Just booted the ball into the crowd for no reason.

Great player though, that pass for bowens goal was Cantona-esque.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He was agreed for 70m . Why would that change to 100 when he has a betting case on him ? I don't think he signed any extension, since then ?
Because he continues to impress and I’m thinking United might be the latest, slightly desperate team, to splash £100m on a midfielder next summer.

GledTheRed

He was anonymous on Saturday apart form the five aside pass that should never have got to its destination.

West Ham were shit and we would have beaten them of we could actually score goals.

always_hoping

To be fair though that was probably the only time he found that space and time in and around our box and he made it count perfectly- it's what a real playmaker can do.
Has been one of those type of moments where United players switch off. moments that has become a very bad habit this season.

RVN1991

Anyone impressed with this guy ? He was brilliant yesterday.

How's his betting case going on ? Would really prefer us to sign someone like this guy
Have caught a fair few West Ham games and he's been class in nearly every one I've watched, thank God City backed out of getting him and got Nunes instead.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i don’t think we can call him a betting cheat until we have all the facts.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he was saying Chelsea don’t that’s why they’ll throw £100m at him and just expect him to work.
Ah fair enough, misread the post. But are United that well run though? Seems like every time I visit the United section, the general consensus seems to be that it’s not?

crossy1686

career ending
Ah fair enough, misread the post. But are United that well run though? Seems like every time I visit the United section, the general consensus seems to be that it’s not?
Under previous ownership, absolutely not. Under the new footballing ownership, you would think the days of spending daft money on players are over.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was anonymous on Saturday apart form the five aside pass that should never have got to its destination.

West Ham were shit and we would have beaten them of we could actually score goals.
He's basically Bruno. But he plays for West Ham instead of Man United so doesn't get the ABU treatment and is under much lesser expectations so is viewed more favourably by pundits.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Man City wanted him at £85m - the release clause - which supposedly kicks in at the price at summer 2024.

West Ham may well deal at the price and buy two for the money if we don't finish top 5.

Selling Rice has been a blinder for West Ham - Kudus/JWP/Alvarez.

A similar trade with a similar effect on Paqueta would have WHU top 3.

West Ham also have an outstanding youth team coming through -youth cup winners last year (beat Arsenal 5-1 in the final) and went to extra time v Man City in the PL2 play off final.

Dan_F

There’s no chance we sign a player for £100 million. We could barely get Amrabat through the door this season on loan. I can’t see that being the way Ratcliffe will want to operate anyway.

Maniron

That’s because Arsenal paid what West Ham wanted. As far as I’m aware it’s only city interested in him.
Rice’s heart was set on Arsenal. If City had matched Arsenal he would have chosen Arsenal. With players as talented as Rice they have a big say in the where they end up. I think he would rather have stayed with West Ham than move Noth and I am sure we would not have had a look in.