Lucas Silva

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Illarramendi is going to be sold should we try getting him?
I saw a bit of him during the under 21 euros last year. Thought it was worth Moyes looking at him. Seems like another Blind however.

Ekeke

Reporting that Arsenal has 'won the race' to sign this kid. Not that I believe it for a second, especially if Real are truly keen on signing him.

What's his style of play? One of the articles claimed he was the 'new Kaka,' which seems preposterous if he's a DM like claimed in here....?
Mainly a passer that has improved his all round game after being asked to play as 1 of 2 deep CMs. Also has a good longshot

whoscored doesnt rate him very highly if thats your sort of thing. They have him as 15th best performer at Cruzeiro which would suggest he has plenty of improving to do.

Walters_19_MuFc

Disgusting
You'd think they'd learn, but I guess for Latin players, their dream is to play for Madrid. Having said that, from what I hear, he's a deep lying playmaker, which I personally don't feel should be our priority anyway, if we are to get a midfielder January/Summer. We need another box to box midfielder, in my opinion.

Loublaze

ATLien
You'd think they'd learn, but I guess for Latin players, their dream is to play for Madrid. Having said that, from what I hear, he's a deep lying playmaker, which I personally don't feel should be our priority anyway, if we are to get a midfielder January/Summer. We need another box to box midfielder, in my opinion.
We're being strongly linked with Christoph Kramer. Isn't he deep lying playmaker too? As for Real Madrid, we'll never beat them to serious transfer targets. Not in this generation anyway Im afraid.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think we could do with a deep lying player to play next to blind/carrck with Herrera playing box 2 box and Di Maria playing further forward.

Walters_19_MuFc

We're being strongly linked with Christoph Kramer. Isn't he deep lying playmaker too? As for Real Madrid, we'll never beat them to serious transfer targets. Not in this generation anyway Im afraid.
From the very little I saw of him in the world cup, he seemed more like a box to box midfielder to me.

I think we could do with a deep lying player to play next to blind/carrck with Herrera playing box 2 box and Di Maria playing further forward.
It seems that Van Gaal likes to play with one holding midfielder, whether we're playing a 4141, 433, 442 (diamond) or a 352, therefore, I feel Carrick and Blind, with Fletcher as back up, is enough at the moment.

I think next season, we'll most likely see a 433 with one holder and two box to box midfielders.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
From the very little I saw of him in the world cup, he seemed more like a box to box midfielder to me.

It seems that Van Gaal likes to play with one holding midfielder, whether we're playing a 4141, 433, 442 (diamond) or a 352, therefore, I feel Carrick and Blind, with Fletcher as back up, is enough at the moment.

I think next season, we'll most likely see a 433 with one holder and two box to box midfielders.
He has actually never had the chance to play with 2 Carrick and Blind never been fit at the same time and Fletch isn't good enough, so who actually knows.

Walters_19_MuFc

He has actually never had the chance to play with 2 Carrick and Blind never been fit at the same time and Fletch isn't good enough, so who actually knows.
I'm not basing it on just Van Gaal's reign as United manager, though. Throughout his Career, he's very rarely, if at all, played with two holding midfielders, unless he's trying to see out a game.

Skills

Snitch
How come other clubs apart from Madrid sign players on 6 year contracts? Surely it's better FFP and you don't have to go through the contract negotiation drama just 2-3 years into a deal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Two young top talents brought into the club. Maybe Madrid are trying to change? Unlikely.

Devil may care

From the bit I've seen he looks very promising and at 21 should be ready to make the move, we don't seem to be getting in on the ground floor anymore.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Damn, I thought we were after him... Having said that, no one refuses Real Madrid. They're like the Godfather.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He's replacing Illaramendi, who replaced Casemiro.

Gopher Brown

From the bit I've seen he looks very promising and at 21 should be ready to make the move, we don't seem to be getting in on the ground floor anymore.
I think our policy with these younger ones is to let them sign for Porto or someone for £6m then bid £30m for them a year later. Y'know, once they've gained all that experience from the 17 times they play for them.

Devil may care

This is something that has been bothering me lately.
Especially when our only real CM prospect in the youth team is turning down a new contract.

I think our policy with these younger ones is to let them sign for Porto or someone for £6m then bid £30m for them a year later. Y'know, once they've gained all that experience from the 17 times they play for them.
:lol: Sad but true, I don't know why we aren't buying South American prospectss on the cheap and stashing them in Portugal or Holland for a couple of seasons while they develop, instead of getting extorted once they develop.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Bet you're erectionalized United didn't sign him.

Ekeke

Expecting him to be a better passer but not as good a ball winner as Illaramendi. Might suit Madrid more, might be about as successful...

Devil may care

Maybe move this to the football section?

I think he's made a solid start to his Real Madrid career with his first 2 starts in the last week. From the videos of him at Cruziero I'd say he is playing cautiously and within himself but that makes sense given he doesn't want any mistakes when Ancelotti is giving him a shot.

He's strong on the ball, covers the ground well, has good discipline and looks a good athlete, I think he'll be a success there.

Classical Mechanic

Maybe move this to the football section?

I think he's made a solid start to his Real Madrid career with his first 2 starts in the last week. From the videos of him at Cruziero I'd say he is playing cautiously and within himself but that makes sense given he doesn't want any mistakes when Ancelotti is giving him a shot.

He's strong on the ball, covers the ground well, has good discipline and looks a good athlete, I think he'll be a success there.
I saw him play against Shalke and thought that he looked sub standard at that level and for that team. A Kleberson at United type performance. Early days of course.

Ekeke

So he's had 6 apps so far for Madrid, 3 starts in la liga and 1 in the champions league and so far he looks like the Brazilian Tom Cleverley. Not an upgrade on Illaramendi

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He is not good enough for Madrid and even Olympique tried to finish the loan in january.
As wrote some days ago that he could be loaned to Sampdoria or Porto
Aye, I recall when Madrid signed him there were actually quite a few big clubs after him. We were strongly linked with him as well.

prath92

He is not good enough for Madrid and even Olympique tried to finish the loan in january.
As wrote some days ago that he could be loaned to Sampdoria or Porto
He looked very good in his YouTube videos. I thought he would be good enough but apparently not. Like most Brazil kids who made moves.