Lucas Silva

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
Sky Sports News reporting Us, Spurs, Atletico, Chelsea and City are interested in signing this lad. He's a 21 year old Cm who plays for Cruzeiro.

Some info from a newbie, courtesy of SilentWitness.

Pinball Wizard said:
I support Cruzeiro, so I've watched virtually every game he played in professional football. He really looks like the kind of kid who would do well in the PL, and I expect him to become a world-class midfielder and an important figure for the national side.

Last year he started on the bench and became a first team player during the league. He was outstanding, turning out to be one of our best players in several matches. He simply destroyed Seedorf on the most important game of the season. And, well, we won it, so it's not that easy to start games for the team. He also did a good job with the U21's (I guess) national team.

About his style of play, he's kind of a mid-term midfielder. He's neither a bulldog-DM (like de Jong) nor a regular playmaker like Modric, but he can give a lot of cover in defense and has very good passing hability (he really really really likes long passes). He reminds me a little of Carrick in the way he positions himself in defense, but he does tackles more often. He also has very good workrate and long-range shoots. I think his best place should be deeper in midfield, and that's how he usually plays for the club.

The only relevant down about him is that he is not that confortable on the ball when under pressure, which leads to him giving it away or taking a wrong decision that spoils the attack. But he probably will get better at this with experience.

I hope he could sign for United one day, but I doubt he will leave now, since we are in the middle of the league (with good chances of winning it). Maybe a January signing. He would have to leave for Rojo-like money, though, unless there's a buyout clause I don't know about.

Last edited:

Manucho the boss

Who? Wiki says another playmaker with about 30 senior football appearances, we won't be fobbed off with this kind of transfer business that easily.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Prefer him to Vidal. So there's enough money left to buy di Maria and still have a capable young talent in midfield.

Devil may care

Prefer him to Vidal. So there's enough money left to buy di Maria and still have a capable young talent in midfield.
How much are you expecting us to pay for him? I would have thought he would be a nice £5-10M squad addition as opposed to having any effect on the bigger deals.

Hamadovich86

For the Youtube scouts

The video makes him look like a beast hybrid of Keano and Scholesy, great passing range, positioning, vision tackling and long range shots. Of course anyone could have a great youtube comp vid but he does look promising. If he is the actual I say why not? We always complain about how we havent been discovering talent at a younger age.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Looks more a deep lying play maker and a proper CM from the youtube videos. Would make a great combo with Carrick if he can replicate that game here.

FromTheBench

Seems the type of player we need to Partner Herrera.

Is he any good though ? And ready ?

Loon

:lol:
I posted if we could find some affordable, obtainable CM in South America the other day...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A deep lying playmaker beside the industrial tough tackling but equally gifted in his first touch and quick passing Herrera would be ideal.

Skills

Snitch
Looks a bit like Carrick from that video. I'm sold, sign him up :D

bleedred

Out of the blue, just like Herrerra and Rojo. The Media has no clue this summer regarding Utd transfers. So the papers quoting Vidal ,Dimaria are obviously bullshitting including supposed United contacts like Ogden, Ducker, Mitten ..etc..,

fallengt

Didn't watch YouTube video . Another CM? I'm sold, sign him up

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
If he goes to us - shit.

If he goes to Liverpool - future ballon d'or winner, la.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
This is like when we were going to sign Everton Ribeiro from Cruzeiro. So naturally a few months from now we'll never hear of him.

RedStarUnited

The type of player who gets sold to one of the portuguese clubs now and then goes for 40m in 2/3 years time.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
A number 6? Someone here must be working for United and saw my post. Joke aside, I do not have a clue about this lad, but surely, we would not be interested if he was not better than what we have in this position? Our transfer dealing has been horrific the past few years, so I am skeptical about this signing.