Luis Diaz

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This was after a run of 7 matches where Colombia hadn’t scored a single goal, with him playing in all of them.
That part isn't true. They've scored in 5 out of the last 7 matches, and he scored against Germany (6 matches ago).

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Colombia seven match scoreless streak was in the 2022 qualifiers.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That part isn't true. They've scored in 5 out of the last 7 matches, and he scored against Germany (6 matches ago).
Colombia seven match scoreless streak was in the 2022 qualifiers.
Ah. Well there you go. Was listening to Tim Vickery last night and must have misheard. Still though, fairly lengthy goalless run for Diaz coming into last night‘s game.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Absolute fairy tale stuff last night. Two late headers from our boy Lucho to pull off a come from behind victory in Barranquilla, first time we've beaten Brazil in WC qualifiers. Looked like his dad was about to have a heart attack in the stands. Great party here last night.

Please stop listening to Tim Vickery. Guy's an absolute melt. But he does have a Brazilian girlfriend.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Absolute fairy tale stuff last night. Two late headers from our boy Lucho to pull off a come from behind victory in Barranquilla, first time we've beaten Brazil in WC qualifiers. Looked like his dad was about to have a heart attack in the stands. Great party here last night.

Please stop listening to Tim Vickery. Guy's an absolute melt. But he does have a Brazilian girlfriend.
I like how Tim pronounces the names of the South American players.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

Where did you go party?

macheda14

I love him as a player and am furious he’s at Liverpool. My Colombian step family now all want Liverpool to win all the time because he’s there.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Why is the club taking credit. Surely Diaz is earning enough money himself to fly his parents over.

Loon

:lol:
His dad has initiated the expected arse-wiggling in the direction of Barca.

Malkovich

It seems Liverpool like to sign players with a certain athletic profile, while we basically don't care at all about that aspect (Mount, Antony, etc). This Diaz is also an incredible athlete like Darwin, Szoboszlai etc

Nobby style

Where does this guy rank in the world right now? Every time I watch Liverpool he is involved in nearly everything. Best player on arguably the best side in the world. We saw what happened to Liverpool last year when he was out for so long, and then what happened to them when he came back. Coincidence? As a Colombian I'm obviously biased, but is there a better player in the world right now besides Mbappé and Halland??

Mike Smalling

Where does this guy rank in the world right now? Every time I watch Liverpool he is involved in nearly everything. Best player on arguably the best side in the world. We saw what happened to Liverpool last year when he was out for so long, and then what happened to them when he came back. Coincidence? As a Colombian I'm obviously biased, but is there a better player in the world right now besides Mbappé and Halland??
He's not Liverpool's best player. It's not even close.

ShinjiNinja26

That certainly explains this post. :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Where does this guy rank in the world right now? Every time I watch Liverpool he is involved in nearly everything. Best player on arguably the best side in the world. We saw what happened to Liverpool last year when he was out for so long, and then what happened to them when he came back. Coincidence? As a Colombian I'm obviously biased, but is there a better player in the world right now besides Mbappé??
If we're talking just left-wingers - Vini Jr., Mbappe, Leao are all better players than him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah your bias is showing. Are you rating him over Bellingham, Kane, Salah, De Bruyne?

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
He's a valuable player as part of a very strong set of forwards. I think last season's dip wasn't really due to Diaz's absence as much as the fact the midfield had fallen away very badly.

This season he's been good without being consistently excellent. While he can seem a bit predictable at times he'll also find himself with a goal out of nothing. I think he's a player for big moments. He's not an attacking monster in the vein of Salah and probably not as vital as Jota. However, to have a player as good as him as your 3rd/4th best striker shows how well Liverpool have recruited in the attack.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
He is good but not even our best forward, nevermind best player.

So yes, I’d say there are quite a lot of players better than him.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
He's a level below Salah and KDB, the two standouts in the league. He probably belongs alongside or nearer to Saka, Foden etc.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: :nono:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's a level below Salah and KDB, the two standouts in the league. He probably belongs alongside or nearer to Saka, Foden etc.
I don't think he does. Saka and Foden are a tier above. I will even say Son is above
The different tiers in IMO

Tier Salah KdB
Tier Haaland
Tier Saka Foden Son
Tier Watkins Hojlund Dias

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Not really all that highly, he's closer to Gakpo than he is Jota/Salah/Nunez. He's lost a touch in terms of pace and agility since the knee injuries and even before that he was exciting and unpredictable but had not synced fully with the team.

He's getting goals now which is valuable but he still struggles to beat his man. The difference in that regard between when he joined and now is night and day. Hopefully he gets some of that back. It used to be very fun to watch.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd put him fourth after Salah, Jota & Nunez in terms of importance among our attackers. He's had a mixed season.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I like him, he's a good option to have even post-injury. He doesn't really hide from the ball.
A lot of their title charge is going to depend on him with Jota and Salah injured and Nunez needing 18 chances per game to score.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm not a fan, he's no Mane replacement.
Is that because you're comparing him to Mane? I don't watch Liverpool but it seems like he's one of your best players. Feels like how some United fans used to be less keen on Nani due to the Ronaldo comparisons despite being one of our best players for a few seasons.

Nobby style

Yeah, guess I got caught up in the hype. He's massively hyped here in Colombia, and I was watching the match against Luton which he was tearing it up and the Argie announcers, who are usually far more knowlegeable and astute (and exciteable) than their euro counterparts, were bigging him up as a top five player, and the big reason Liverpool were cack last year was his abscence.

ROFLUTION

I don't think he does. Saka and Foden are a tier above. I will even say Son is above

Tier Salah KdB
Tier Haaland
Tier Saka Foden Son
a guy who broke all records and scored 36 goals is not in tier 1? :lol: Yet Salah who scored about half (19) is.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool

Tier Salah KdB
Tier Haaland
Tier Saka Foden Son
Agree with this.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
a guy who broke all records and scored 36 goals is not in tier 1? :lol: Yet Salah who scored about half (19) is.
Salah is comfortably a better player. As good as Haaland is at knocking the ball in the net, he's just below the top two.

ROFLUTION

Salah is comfortably a better player. As good as Haaland is at knocking the ball in the net, he's just below the top two.
Haaland even had 9 assists last year compared to Salah’s 13. Haaland’s got 6 assists this year too. Haaland is probably not as one sided as you tell yourself.

Salah averages 9,5 assists, Haaland will probably have somewhere near that again.

Stats taken from FPL

SambaBoy

He's massively dropped off since his knee injury. He can't really beat a man and misses plenty of easy chances.

Still a good player but definitely nowhere near the likes of Salah, or even Saka/Foden etc. He's not even one of the best wingers in the league.

Eddy_JukeZ

A true car crash of a post.

There's like 20 players(probably much more) in the Premier League better than him and you tried to sneak him in as the 3rd best player in the world.