g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Luis Diaz

M Bison

Supports
York City
He looked fantastic when he first signed and early in the season, has looked less effective in recent weeks with the whole team not playing as well? Will it mean more game time for Carvalho? He seems a great talent.

cyberman

He looked fantastic when he first signed and early in the season, has looked less effective in recent weeks with the whole team not playing as well? Will it mean more game time for Carvalho? He seems a great talent.
Me, and a few other posters, called it. He became a one trick pony because he doesn’t go on the outside and teams cottoned on to that.
He still works hard etc but cutting in and nearly scoring, which was his trademark, has died away the more he played this season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Say what you want about him but the Scouse brigade not having him until after the WC is a great boost for our top 4 chances. Now we just need Spuds to do their thing.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Say what you want about him but the Scouse brigade not having him until after the WC is a great boost for our top 4 chances. Now we just need Spuds to do their thing.
Yep. However, Spuds are a bit different now as Conte is a manager who is one of the best at grinding enough results out of a league season. Hopefully, he does his thing and goes bannans when he doesn't get some specific 32 year old in January and alienates everyone.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So sorry for him personally but nice news about Liverpool. :D

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Big blow for Liverpool and feel sorry for the player as well. He is a very good player and they will miss him.

Skills

Snitch
Can anyone remember a player like him that's so reliant on his pace, return to the same level after this type of injury?

colombianmancunian

Parents seems to be kidnapped, horrible news and hope they come home safe.
The result of an awful security policy from an inept left wing government. Since Petro became President kidnappings have gone up an astonishing 70%, while masacres have also increased, and guerrilla groups have increased their presence and influence in all the national territory. Petro’s ineptitude has devolved Colombia to its 90s state. The results of Uribe’s security policies and Santos’ peace process have gone to shit thanks to the worst president in Colombian history.

BootsyCollins

The result of an awful security policy from an inept left wing government. Since Petro became President kidnappings have gone up an astonishing 70%, while masacres have also increased, and guerrilla groups have increased their presence and influence in all the national territory. Petro’s ineptitude has devolved Colombia to its 90s state. The results of Uribe’s security policies and Santos’ peace process have gone to shit thanks to the worst president in Colombian history.
I am really sorry to hear that. Hope is can be changed going forward.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I may be wrong but won't an incident like this be massively frowned upon not only by the police etc but also by a lot of the more powerful cartels/ underworld bosses as it puts these sort of incidents on the national stage (as well as the fact that he is a national team star) which will lead to a crack down on their illegal operations?

colombianmancunian

I am really sorry to hear that. Hope is can be changed going forward.
Hoping so. We still have to endure 3 more years of this ineptitude.

Today are the regional elections, and it looks like opposition candidates will win in all major cities and departments. Hopefully that sends a message to the congress, to vote against the awful reforms this government has presented.

I knew this government would be awful, because when Petro was Bogotá’s mayor the city massively regresed. But I couldn’t imagined it was going to be this bad.

colombianmancunian

I may be wrong but won't an incident like this be massively frowned upon not only by the police etc but also by a lot of the more powerful cartels/ underworld bosses as it puts these sort of incidents on the national stage (as well as the fact that he is a national team star) which will lead to a crack down on their illegal operations?
The problem is, the current government’s policy has seriously limited the police and military capabilities. Intelligence is basically castrated and response against delinquency is frowned upon. The president has promoted one sided cease fires against guerrilla and drug cartels. He is even going to pay delinquents one million pesos a month so they “don’t kill” (it sounds like a joke but sadly it’s not).

From what I have read, the kidnapping was done with monetary intent, by a group that had all the intent of kidnapping the parents of a famous millionaire player. The media coverage actually put more pressure on Lucho to pay whatever sum they are asking for. As I mentioned before, kidnappings have risenin this government. What is happening to Lucho’s family sadly happens to a lot of people here, but those cases don’t have the massive media coverage.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Yeah, the latest is the the guerrilla group ELN has kidnapped him here on the Caribbean coast. This guerrilla group was not part of the past peace accords, although the accords seem to be falling apart and the main group the FARC are showing a resurgence. Colombia, politically and socially, is not at our best moment. They're obviously out to get a king's ransom from Luis. That is why famous, wealthy figures like Nobel laureate Garcia Marquez and renowned painter, Fernando Botero (who they did try to kidnap) and Shakira left this country to live in saner surroundings. I wouldn't count out using Lucho's father as some kind of bargaining chip as well for some nefarious goal.

colombianmancunian

This is real NARCOS shit. Colombia is a mad place.
The current government has devolved us to our 80s/90s version. Security has massively decreased both in urban and rural areas, kidnappings and killings have increased, and guerrilla groups are at a height that wasn seen since the 90s.

redcucumber

Surely there's more sustainable money in drugs than this? How much do they think they can realistically rinse him for?

Nobby style

The current government has devolved us to our 80s/90s version. Security has massively decreased both in urban and rural areas, kidnappings and killings have increased, and guerrilla groups are at a height that wasn seen since the 90s.
We’re no where near the psycho times of the 80s, 90s and 2000s. Most of that was exported to Mexico, and the gringos took care of the Guerrilla leaders, ha ha. But yes, things have gone a bit downhill as of late

colombianmancunian

Surely there's more sustainable money in drugs than this? How much do they think they can realistically rinse him for?
Probably the objective is political, so they free him and show it as a “peace and reconciliation gesture”, when they never should have commit it. Our weak and left wing government will probably clap at them, because for Perro’s administration terrorist guerrillas are more important than the law abiding citizens and police/military.

colombianmancunian

We’re no where near the psycho times of the 80s, 90s and 2000s. Most of that was exported to Mexico, and the gringos took care of the Guerrilla leaders, ha ha. But yes, things have gone a bit downhill as of late
Kidnappings are back, killings of policemen and soldiers are back, guerrillas controlling part of the national territory is back. Really Petro has devolved us to the Pastrana years.

The guy’s objective is apparently to put us in the past, if you consider his health reform means basically to bring back the extremely inefficient health care system that existed previous to 91 constitution.

I really wonder if the president is really so inept, or if he is actually evil.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Any news? It’s been so long and as time passes people fear the worst.

Also, I bear in mind there are people in worst conditions than Luis Diaz’s family whom get no attention or help from media. In Mexico we know this very well also.

Nobby style

Kidnappings are back, killings of policemen and soldiers are back, guerrillas controlling part of the national territory is back. Really Petro has devolved us to the Pastrana years.

The guy’s objective is apparently to put us in the past, if you consider his health reform means basically to bring back the extremely inefficient health care system that existed previous to 91 constitution.

I really wonder if the president is really so inept, or if he is actually evil.
I don't know, life now is a cakewalk here imo in comparison to to the 90's, so I guess we see things differently. Would pretty much agree with you on Petro, but anyway, let's stay on topic and make this about Lucho and the hopefully safe return of his father. Am hearing rumors that he's about to be released. Let's hope so.

colombianmancunian

Any news? It’s been so long and as time passes people fear the worst.

Also, I bear in mind there are people in worst conditions than Luis Diaz’s family whom get no attention or help from media. In Mexico we know this very well also.
ELN made a statement on which they said they were considering releasing Lucho’s father. I hope so.

Also some journalists are suggesting that the qualifiers game of Colombia VS. Brazil isn’t played if Lucho’s father haven’t been released. I agree on this, as a way of putting pressure on the terrorists.

On the other hand I agree with your last point, currently many people have been kidnapped, but don’t get the media attention that is around this particular case.

colombianmancunian

ELN released a statement on which they claim they will free Lucho’s father on the next days. I hope they do so and stop kidnapping innocent people, showing true peace will.

Meanwhile the Defense Ministry just revealed kidnappings have gone up 86%. Thank you Petro :mad:

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Excellent news. I always fear the worst when these things happen, glad he's safe and free.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Scored two goals against Brazil to win the game from 1-0 down, with his dad watching in the stands. This was after a run of 7 matches where Colombia hadn’t scored a single goal, with him playing in all of them. That’s a pretty crazy ending to the saga. Documentary makers the world over will be scrabbling for the rights.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Scored two goals against Brazil to win the game from 1-0 down, with his dad watching in the stands. This was after a run of 7 matches where Colombia hadn’t scored a single goal, with him playing in all of them. That’s a pretty crazy ending to the saga. Documentary makers the world over will be scrabbling for the rights.
Think he'll quickly return to form, with a point to prove. I couldn't imagine focusing on work if that had happened to me