Luis Enrique to leave Barcelona at end of the season

C'est Moi Cantona

They'll pull someone out of left field like they usually do... a Koeman, Kluivert , Laudrup sort of guy.

m1y2

Pochettino would be perfect, already build foundations, have left top4 competing team and young squad behind with great discipline, he has nothing to prove he will never win the title at spurs, and it will only get worse when we kick on liverpool get a grip and mancity who can outspend them easily. Mauricio Pochettino would be great, would be interesting if he took some players to Barca with him

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Vangle & Mrs Mangel.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The Barcelona job would be perfect for Wenger, and would give him a chance at winning The Champions League before he retires.

He has always tried to play Barcelona football... but without Barcelona players. The players would enjoy his style of management.
Yeah: I think Wenger at this stage of his life and Barcelona are a perfect match. Even experienced players like Messi could still learn a thing or two from him.
I'd be quite fascinated to see what Wenger did with that level of resources and players.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I hope they don't take anyone from the PL as next season's title race will genuinely be epic: Another £1billion invested into the league and Conte, Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp would have assembled their own squads and had enough time to mould them in their philosophies.

(except perhaps Wenger as I'd expect Arsenal to appoint a brilliant upcoming manager)

Camilo

Yeah: I think Wenger at this stage of his life and Barcelona are a perfect match. Even experienced players like Messi could still learn a thing or two from him.
I'd be quite fascinated to see what Wenger did with that level of resources and players.
Absolutely. Same as the early arsenal days - he could probably mop up there.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Pochettino would be perfect, already build foundations, have left top4 competing team and young squad behind with great discipline, he has nothing to prove he will never win the title at spurs, and it will only get worse when we kick on liverpool get a grip and mancity who can outspend them easily. Mauricio Pochettino would be great, would be interesting if he took some players to Barca with him
Pochettino played for Espanyol for like 6 years, even managed them.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Never

Seems reasonable to make the decision earlier than later for all involved. I'm grateful for the way Lucho reignited this Barcelona side made impotent by Tata Martino and the board's calamitous decision making but he demonstrated pretty clearly he could not continue. Luis Enrique has no tactical prowess to compensate for MSN getting starved of opportunities on top of betraying the playing philosophy Cruyff instilled at the club

Sampaoli seems to be the popular choice but there will be no shortage of candidates. Of course, in the end there still remains a terrible board in power and no one can be sure what sort of choice they may make. Links to trending coaches like Tuchel, Jardem or Klopp are improbable as the club has already been burned by bringing in a coach with no Primera pedigree.

Sampaoli would seem to tick all the boxes but he's never had great success on the club level and it remains to be seen how he finishes at Sevilla this season. I like his energy and the Bielsa style coupled with proper midfield control - we'll see
Gosh, I'm a die hard Barcelona fan and yet I can't stand how pretentious this sounds.

He has coached a transitioning team into a Treble and 6/8 available titles, different Gk's, no more Alves, Mascherano almost out of the team in favour of Umtiti, Digne doing a fair job, no more Xavi, no Pedro. Basically his 11 this season has at least 5 different players from what he inherited and he's on every competition (with the hard leg against PSG).

He has done a great job to keep earning titles while not abandoning our way of playing this game even when we've lost key players of our golden age (Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Xavi, Half-a-Iniesta, 2/3 forward players) and yet he leaves the bench as a "betrayer of Cruyff ideas"? God damn no doubt people hate our self-righteous ways

Smacky The Frog

I hope Wenger gets it and comes fourth in La Liga, while being knocked out in the last 16 of the CL by Bayern Munich.

WhoDaGOAT

Gosh, I'm a die hard Barcelona fan and yet I can't stand how pretentious this sounds.

He has coached a transitioning team into a Treble and 6/8 available titles, different Gk's, no more Alves, Mascherano almost out of the team in favour of Umtiti, Digne doing a fair job, no more Xavi, no Pedro. Basically his 11 this season has at least 5 different players from what he inherited and he's on every competition (with the hard leg against PSG).

He has done a great job to keep earning titles while not abandoning our way of playing this game even when we've lost key players of our golden age (Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Xavi, Half-a-Iniesta, 2/3 forward players) and yet he leaves the bench as a "betrayer of Cruyff ideas"? God damn no doubt people hate our self-righteous ways
Indeed.

Pure Tiki-taka was dead. Teams found a way to neutralise Barcelona and the national team suffered as well.

The introduction of a more direct style of play, mixed with ball retention has turned Barcelona into a more effective and overall complete side. It has benefited MSN, and Rakitić's influence can't be understated during this transition from one style to the other.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Too soon. Xavi will be a Barca manager, but in a few years time.
Eusebio Sacristan - part of the Dream team, longtime assistant during Rijkaard years, former coach of Barcelona B (4 years), his playing style is 100% Barcelona's DNA.. My bet is on him.