Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Winger

Good pass to Giggs for his goal mind, but overall what did you guys think?
I only saw the second half, but from what I can tell he's going to be a huge boost for our attacking play for the rest of the season! He's so good with the ball in his feet, and he keeps playing those clever passes around the box. It's only in our wing-play that we've been "lacking" this sesaon, so it's like a breath of fersh air to see how Nani plays now.

I'm positively sure that he and Kagawa are meant to play together.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I take it that today has been a bit more 'back down to earth' shall we say?

Tidy, great link up all round, didn't do anything extraordinary nor did he let himself or his team down.

I don't really see what you're getting at. Most people want Nani in the team because he's not only a decent winger, he's got a very good football brain to pass the ball around very nicely. Displayed that for most of the second half.

Certainly one of our better players today.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Another perfect game for him next weekend against Norwich. Another good performance may well earn him a starting place against Madrid. He's showed much more in the last 2 games than any other winger at the club this season.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu

thought he was excellent - normally when the game isnt happening for him he starts to do stupid shit that pisses off his teammates and the fans - today he kept it simple and then as we grew into the game he exerted his influence.

really pleased with him today

Ekeke

He had 1 cross this game, but it was almost perfect to set up Hernandez in the first half. Other than that he made some good things happen with his passing. Our best winger and not far off Young's best performances (and therefore our best wing performances in the league) this season

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Not really sure what Rob is getting at with his post?
Nor am I?

Very solid performance from Nani - promising in that he wasn't at his best and still played well. Recently he's not been at his best and been infuriating but today was good.

Another perfect game for him next weekend against Norwich. Another good performance may well earn him a starting place against Madrid. He's showed much more in the last 2 games than any other winger at the club this season.
That's gotta be his target. He knows his qualities as a player. He just needs to find those little moments of class in every game that make him stand out from the rest. He really doesn't get enough credit for the intricacy of his passing. We don't have many players better at unlocking defences.

Today was another positive performance and he should stay in the team on merit.

buckooo1978

good solid performance from Nani today

good with the ball, disciplined but I felt we didnt use him enough

he typified our performance

Nani...... Buckooo awards you a 7/10

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Not a special performance. But decent, lets hope he kicks on now and has a strong end to the season.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Not really sure what Rob is getting at with his post?
Bit of a poor attempt at a 'see, I was right wasn't I?" I think... :D

Today was pretty clear cut evidence that we're a better team capable of playing better football when Nani's in the team irrespective of whether he's on absolute top form. He's not just some guy who does something special every now and then or maintains decent productivity - his technical ability and skill on the ball is so immense that he vastly improves our play just when he's in and around the play. We should've used him more often in the first half.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
This thread seems to be the opposite of the matchday thread, all I could read in there was 'quiet' 'frustrating and ' slow'. Now its the opposite.

You guys are confusing! :houllier:

M160RA

He was quietly brilliant today. Most of our play in the first half was down the left so he didn't see as much of the ball as he should have.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Was very good today IMO. Smart choices all game long, got an assist and could have easily been one or two more. Some really good link up play as well. Should have scored the one volley though, but he was still really good. Good defensively as well.

Ekeke

This thread seems to be the opposite of the matchday thread, all I could read in there was 'quiet' 'frustrating and ' slow'. Now its the opposite.

Did you not actually watch the match then?

Guarantee that its more entertaining than knee jerk reactions to someone's performance in the last minute and a half

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Did you not actually watch the match then?

Guarantee that its more entertaining than knee jerk reactions to someone's performance in the last minute and a half
I watched some when my stream worked, managed to see the last 20 minutes or so and saw the second goal. Was going more by the deflating comments on there and the half time one in this thread.

Ekeke

Was very good today IMO. Smart choices all game long, got an assist and could have easily been one or two more. Some really good link up play as well. Should have scored the one volley though, but he was still really good. Good defensively as well.
Another important factor. Last season he was generally good defensively too, this season he slipped a bit in that regard but he did very well with it today

I'm always right

Are you trying to tell me opinions in the matchday thread are kneejerk or less accurate? :smirk:
ha ha :D

Nani had 2 key passes, one assist, a couple of great tackles (believe it or not) and the highest pass accuracy percentage of our players after Patrice Evra. It was as I described it early, no fireworks but a simple, smart, efficient performance from Nani.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We should have used him more today, he looked better than any other attacking player. Good performance, keep it up Nani.

Cevno

He divides our fan base probably more than any other player after Berbatov. (Maybe Rooney comes close and Valencia).

When all of them will have a above par performance people will exaggerate on one side, and when they are below par different set of fans will exaggerate on the other side.

He came into his own after 60th minute and did well, before that he was quiet in the attacking sense but tracked back well. Did decently well.

All our wingers looked better today.

Ekeke

Was interesting to see him get his head on a few crossed balls too. Over his years here hes had some spells and matches where he's done well in the air, surprisingly, but never been a strong header of the ball (ie. done well to get there and to win it but the actual effort a bit weak) so it'd be nice if he keeps that up and improves his heading

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He was very good today, played an absolute gem to Giggs and then one to Valencia. He's a great player and SAF seems to have lit a fire under his arse.

I'm always right

He divides our fan base probably more than any other player after Berbatov. (Maybe Rooney comes close and Valencia).

When all of them will have a above par performance people will exaggerate on one side, and when they are below par different set of fans will exaggerate on the other side.
Although I agree with this to some extent I really can't see any evidence of anyone over-exaggerating his performance today. Pretty much everyone has been bang on with it, no fireworks but a simple good composed performance with a nice assist to boot :confused:

twitter thread suggester
Rob's sudden interest in Nani is quite amusing. Constantly trying to get people to discredit him.

Ash_G

I thought he was quietly extremely efficient. His decision making was spot on today which is often the main problem.
Yeah I agree, I think we were quite sloppy in the first half and so didnt keep the ball that well and as a result he saw relatively little of it but when he did get it he used it well, better than a lot of the other players. Good performance from him.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Rob's sudden interest in Nani is quite amusing. Constantly trying to get people to discredit him.
Sudden interest? :P. I have talked about Nani in the Newbies for years mate.

I just find him an enigma on here. Outside it seems my United supporting friends/rivals are set on their views on him, but on here it changes not only game to game but minute to minute.

One person wants to call him world class, the next wants to call him so frustraing and not interested.

He'll have a great half vs Reading and be labelled a world beater, then have a poor half vs City and be 'labelled' not good enough.

Its almost like DDG in the sense that people cant seem to just rate him at where from any unbias logically person can see is his level.

That being an excellent player, who can score a brilliant goal, fits right in at United and one of the best wingers in the league.

But there's always one who wants to call him 'useless', or 'world class'. I guess I should learnt to agree to disagree.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I've never agreed with the criticism that he doesn't do his defensive work - it seems like that was the one thing Ronaldo could be criticised for, so Nani inherited that since he was meant to be the next Ronaldo according the kind of idiotic pundits that say such things. I remember a pre-season game against Bayern when he and Lahm seemed glued to each other - when one attacked, the other was there pressing and defending.

He might not be as defensive as Valencia, but he puts in a good shift in my view.

Widnes

Thought he was decent today, never saw as much of the ball as I would have liked. Think we should of tried to attack that side of the pitch more than we did.

Cantona'sCollar

I couldn't make the first half and rushed to the TV, turning it on about 60 minutes in. From what I saw, Nani should have had another assist, and showed 3 or 4 excellent bits of skill & team play. That said, I hear he wasn't so great in the first half (did not watch), but I assume that was down to us supposedly not being very good either.

The 30 minutes I saw of him were very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.