Luis Suarez - Barcelona Player

Empire

More than a club indeed

Another reason to hate Barca then

Thug and a racist, I'd refuse to watch United again if we even considered it.
Do you think those human beings who do immoral things to their brother's wife for the long term are as bad as the thugs and racists of this world?

What would you do if the club employed such a person as assistant manager?

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Absolute steal? What bollocks. They've just paid nearly what real paid for Ronaldo (maybe even more as the euro was stronger against the pound back then) for a player who is 3 years older than Ronaldo was at the time. Inflation maybe one thing but I'm sorry £75m for a 27 year old bite risk is ludicrous. He's got another 4-6 years at the very top. You've taken them to the cleaners.
When you look at what other players go for today, it's absolutely a steal. £75m is a great price for them.

82 goals 53 assists in 133 games. Ridiculous.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague · 18 min
Suárez will be presented on Wednesday. Cant be done at Camp Nou due to punishment so the club will do it in the nearby Auditori 1899

MPTutd

Get the feck in!!!!!!!

Enjoy the CL next season boys! You won't be seeing it again for a while.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
He's going to feast (heh) on those 15 or so shit teams in La Liga. Will be interesting to see how he does in the CL for really the first time in his career.

Mister_Stubbs

Can't say I'm going to miss the cnut though I am looking forward to seeing the downfall of Liverpool.

Dobba

If BBC say it's £75m, it's £75m. I didn't expect Liverpool to extract this much out of Barcelona after Suarez's world cup antics, but fair play to them because Barcelona always seem to underpay for players.
Sky Sports News spent the best part of 48 hours saying Luke Shaw's move was "in excess of £30m" and that he was the most expensive teenager in history.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not convinced he'll do overly well there. He's the sort of player who benefits from being in a more central role where a lot is going through him and he's heavily involved as the main creative outlet. Despite how good he is, he's in a side where he's currently probably the 2nd best attacker, and he may end up as their 3rd best attacker assuming Neymar keeps getting better and better. Not sure if he'll cope well with that, but he's obviously got the talent and ability to succeed there so we'll see what happens.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
so how do liverpool fans feel about their hero and saviour now he's treated them like shit repeatedly and tossed them aside like the jazz rags they are?

adamwest

Surely Suarez leaving will have a much bigger impact than just their best player leaving. He galvanized their entire team, and brought the best out of Sturridge and the rest. The entire team will be gutted he's left. It's cool though, they have Rickie Lambert to fill the void.

FromTheBench

If BBC say it's £75m, it's £75m. I didn't expect Liverpool to extract this much out of Barcelona after Suarez's world cup antics, but fair play to them because Barcelona always seem to underpay for players.
It'd be something like 61 rising to 75 on add ons. With 6.5% going to Ajax. So both sides feeding their favorable number to their side of the press.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I think he'll be absolutely amazing at Barcelona, that front three looks fantastic and I think the whole team will compliment Suarez well.

So glad he's gone. 5th or 6th for Pool next season.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm unsure the Barcelona support will tolerate his antics like Liverpool did, this could be fun.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm unsure the Barcelona support will tolerate his antics like Liverpool did, this could be fun.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see their reaction. At Liverpool, he could get a lot more leeway because they were largely dependent on him since he was comfortably their best player. At Barcelona, he's going to be playing alongside a player who's comfortably better than him when he's on his game, and alongside one who will soon be as good as him if he continues to improve. They won't depend on him as much as Liverpool did, so he won't get anywhere near as much leeway probably.

FromTheBench

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see their reaction. At Liverpool, he could get a lot more leeway because they were largely dependent on him since he was comfortably their best player. At Barcelona, he's going to be playing alongside a player who's comfortably better than him when he's on his game, and alongside one who will soon be as good as him if he continues to improve. They won't depend on him as much as Liverpool did, so he won't get anywhere near as much leeway probably.
Spanish Press and federation too tend to give a lot more leeway to the big 2 clubs players though unless they really make them turn on them like a Mourinho did.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Spanish Press and federation too tend to give a lot more leeway to the big 2 clubs players though unless they really make them turn on them like a Mourinho did.
True, although some of Suarez' actions (biting for example) could be enough for them to turn on him if he persists. More about the club itself as well, as opposed to the press. They won't want to have to tolerate his behaviour, but unlike Liverpool they won't depend on him to the point where they actually have to.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Eh? Barcelona fans won't care about the diving and complaining and card-waving. He'll be among friends in that regard.
Yeah, but what about the biting and racial abuse? It's inevitable he'll do something amazingly stupid during his period with 'em.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Barcelona take the pride of their club seriously. When Neymars transfer debacle came to light the fans booed him. I am certain if he did something ridiculous while in a Barca shirt, they would absolutely obliterate him because the name of the club is what's important to them, not Luiz Suarez who isn't even their best player.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Pepe and this cnut will kill eachother. Can't wait!
Ramos and Pepe :lol: Suarez better be ready. If there is one human footballer who is almost as despicable as Suarez it is Pepe. I can imagine a scenario in my head right now where Suarez takes a dive, Pepe confronts, they approach each other. Then they both dive on the floor!