Luis Suarez - Signs for Atletico | non parla italiano

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

Are Juventus looking to become the new pensioner club in Italy. Perhaps they’d be interested in Juan Mata as well.

Tiber

Huge upgrade on Higuain. Conte will be fuming, all the United rejects in the world won't plug the gap between Juve and Inter this preseason

CG1010

Are Juventus looking to become the new pensioner club in Italy. Perhaps they’d be interested in Juan Mata as well.
Actually Mata might be a good player for the Italian clubs in general.. I wonder if we are looking to sell him this season. Unlike Pereira he actually does have something to offer to us still but not enough

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Juve just signed a 20 year old winger a 22 year old midfielder and a 24 year old midfielder.

I would prefer a younger striker instead of suarez, but if his knees are 100 percent, and I know that's a big if, he can be a great player. Huge upgrade from higuain.

Paul_Scholes18

What is up with all the transfers between Juventus and Barca. Why are they working together so much?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Suarez and Cristiano together is going to be interesting

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If Messi is staying now I could see him veto this. Him and Suarez are joined at the hip.

I don’t think this would be a good signing for Juve, either. I’d have expected Pirlo to target younger profiles — specifically upfront. Considering Ronaldo is there for the foreseeable.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
As a free transfer, he's an incredible purchase for them.

Arthur is a great purchase too. They probably need to fix their full back situation and add another midfield workhorse, and sell a host of players.

Bole Top

I'm sure he will be great for them even though he'll be 34 soon. age doesn't really matter in Italy and they don't even have strikers in their squad now without Higuain. it makes perfect sense.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good signing. Probably the best striker of this generation and has plenty to offer in a cohesive team. Silly decision on Barcelona's part to sell him and could do really well at Juve provided they get their system /balance right.

el3mel

Really not sure how he'll work out with Ronaldo. Both want to score all goals and be the main men upfront. Either they'll manage to make it work together as a good combo or it'll be a disaster.

clarkydaz

Really not sure how he'll work out with Ronaldo. Both want to score all goals and be the main men upfront. Either they'll manage to make it work together as a good combo or it'll be a disaster.
Messi's close mate aswell. Catty, hopefully

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Good signing. Probably the best striker of this generation and has plenty to offer in a cohesive team. Silly decision on Barcelona's part to sell him and could do really well at Juve provided they get their system /balance right.
I agree about his quality, but he's 33 years old and on a huge contract. They've got Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Messi and Pique all on huge contracts. Probably ter Stegen and Busquets too. The only young one being the un-motivated Dembele. They seriously need to reign in their wage bill and rejuvenate their team. Makes it all the more crazy that they don't try to milk a huge fee for Messi from City, rather than have their leader there, unhappy at 33 earning a million a week.

Cait Sith

Great signing. He was still Barca's best striker, despite age and knee problems.

Suarez: 21 goals, 10 assists in 28 starts.
Griezmann: 11 goals, 4 assists in 38 starts.

This is a transfer solely based on balancing the books and getting rid of Suarez' wages. They don't even have a replacement lined up.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Surely means Higuain is gone? I’m not sure if the work rate they are going to get out of those 2 or 3 this season.
It's not even a question, Pirlo has said from the start that Higuain can find himself a new club. His agent has said that he won't go to Boca or to another Italian club, but other than that he's open to any offer.

It's not even a question, Pirlo has said from the start that Higuain can find himself a new club. His agent has said that he won't go to Boca or to another Italian club, but other than that he's open to any offer.
How long has he got left on his contract? Off to a mid table Spanish club then? Can’t imagine any PL team being interested.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It would be interesting to see how he partners up with Cristiano. At his peak he would've been a perfect fit for Cristiano, but Suarez isn't really running all that much today. It should be enough for them to secure another Serie A title though (that would be their 10th in a row, right? :eek:).

No Love

Great signing. He was still Barca's best striker, despite age and knee problems.

Suarez: 21 goals, 10 assists in 28 starts.
Griezmann: 11 goals, 4 assists in 38 starts.

This is a transfer solely based on balancing the books and getting rid of Suarez' wages. They don't even have a replacement lined up.
Surely Memphis would be his replacement if that rumoured deal goes ahead, no?

No Love

I'm really not convinced Memphis is at the required level to play striker at Barca alongside Messi.
I’d agree with you on that point; however, I would disagree with your suggestion that they don’t have a replacement lined up, as Memphis is seemingly that man, whether we think he is good enough or not.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What? Where are you getting this perspective from? Certainly not based on his time at Barca...

Cait Sith

Juve's main problem is Pirlo though. There is no way he is going to be anything else but another Henry. Has absolutely 0 coaching experience, not even with the U23s. He is a completely care-free and laid back personality who moaned about fitness exercises as a player and prepared on the PlayStation for a WC final.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Juve's main problem is Pirlo though. There is no way he is going to be anything else but another Henry. Has absolutely 0 coaching experience, not even with the U23s. He is a completely care-free and laid back personality who moaned about fitness exercises as a player and prepared on the PlayStation for a WC final.
He's a laid back cool guy that doesn't get intimidated. I bet he'll be sitting back with a glass of chianti and a cigarette watching the match. The players will look towards the bench and think, we've got this, look how relaxed the gaffa is.

I'm talking out of my arse here

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Possibly going to Atletico now with Morata moving to Juve.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He should play hard ball and insist Barca to pay off the remaining of his contract before he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.