Luka Modric

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
For me a superior player to Xavi, at least more more complete.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He is amazing but let's not pretend he's always been like this for Croatia.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
The best European midfielder of the 21st century, for me. The level and sheer consistency he’s reached in the last 3-4 years has been staggering.
Xavi? Iniesta? Pirlo?

Modric is a superb footballer, best midfielder in the world atm (quite ahead of Kroos too) but there have been some fantastic midfielders in 21st century.

Enigma_87

You know who
Phenomenal player. Not at Xavi/Iniesta level but head and shoulders above any current midfielder.

marktan

Majestic today for Croatia. He's up there with the Zidanes for me. Great player.

ravi2

Best CM in the game and has been performing at a world class level for many years now

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Best midfielder in the world, simply put.

Last Euros he was completely dominated by Adrien Silva which made me question him a lot but he seems to be stepping right up this time around. That goal was unbelievable, not the prettiest of the tournament but probably the hardest to pull off.

Zen

Will he ever be considered for Ballon d'Or in the same Xavi/Iniesta were? Should be the year...but what a bonkers year for the Ballon d'Or, Messi could potentially at this point drop out of the top 3.

Norris

Brilliant midfielder. He's just getting better with age. The last few years, his performance levels have been impeccable.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
One of those players that you truly respect and realise how good he is when you’re watching him live. To see it first hand how a stadium reacts to his every touch is a great experience. That feeling of expectation in the crowd that is inevitably followed by the fulfilment of that anticipated action. It was the same with Scholes, Xavi and Iniesta. It’s greatness, it’s elite quality, it’s world class or whatever you want to call it.

In Rainbows

Will he ever be considered for Ballon d'Or in the same Xavi/Iniesta were? Should be the year...but what a bonkers year for the Ballon d'Or, Messi could potentially at this point drop out of the top 3.
He never does even though he performs well every time in the finals and the run up to the finals.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So what was the Caf's general consensus on Modric when he was at Spurs?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That goal gave me horror flashbacks. Very similar to the one he scored against us after Nani got sent off.

DeGea

Here’s a thought. Who’s better when both are at their best, Modric or Scholes?

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
Modric peak (last 2-3 years) is awesome, comparable to Xavi's (Xavi dictates the game with his passes, but Modric defends much better)

Iniesta's peak is better IMO. The bigger the match the bigger he performs. See the WC final in 2010 when he wasnt even 100% (injury almost all year and with problems during the WC)

gaucho_10

Nah he is wonderful but Xavi and Inesta are different gravy
They are. They're both half Modric. Modric is two of them combined and a bit of Busquets.

Never there has been a more complete midfielder then him.

Shark

@NotShark
Why on earth didn’t we snap him up long before Madrid came in for him? Definitely one that got away. :(

Jack-C20

So what was the Caf's general consensus on Modric when he was at Spurs?
I’d have loved him here when he left spurs so I definitely thought he was a tidy player back then. Completely elevated his performances since then though. One of the few players in the world who I just expect to be great when I watch them and I can’t remember him disappointing. Gutted we didn’t get him.

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
He has been the best midfielder in the world by a mile in the last 4/5 years! Amazing how he is never considered to win the Ballon D'or just becaus ehe is not a goalscorer/attacker...

Also for me he is over Xavi and Inieta. Its true that Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets along with Messi helping in the creation were the most dominant midfield in the history of the game, they were a perfect machine in possesion and dominating the games, as a group/team. But as an individual, Modic is as good on the ball as Iniesta, as Intelligent as Xavi and is better defending than both of them combined.

Here’s a thought. Who’s better when both are at their best, Modric or Scholes?
Modric for me.