Lukaku: Aguero successor

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
he won’t. He will prove you wrong. He’s not good enough for a top side, even more so a technical side like City.

I would genuinely love him to go there. If they go and spend £80m on him, it’s money they can’t spend on a player that actually suits them and can score in the big games.

16 and 12 league goals for United. 1 goal in 23 appearances against the top 6 in that time.

very happy for City to sign him. They would be better off not playing a striker.
Couldn’t agree more with you. He’s an active hindrance at a top team. I’d feel very very confident that we can win the title if City sign him.

MinGin

If Lukaku join ManCity, It's fun to see and prove whether Pep can coach him to improve the skill of passing and touching as people said Pep is a genius coach to teach players in technical side.
How Pep tune his tactic to suit Lukaku inside the team is the big question. I don't remember that any players as Lukaku's type were played under Pep.
Harry Kane is more suitable to adopt in Pep's tactic.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Tough season for the haters this year.
I mean, not really. I don’t class myself as a hater by any means and he’s a very good player but he’s not of the highest quality IMO, maybe because his touch is below par.

His goalscoring numbers have been very good in most places he’s been at, but there’s more to it than that at the highest level.

James Peril

There is literally zero chance that City buys Lukaku, never in a million years. Don’t you think Pep watches the videos of a player not able to control a football? He is the last player on his list, the only way he would get him would be as a super-sub Fellaini-style and that’s not very smart budget wise.

Tough season for the haters this year.
he’s not good enough for a top team in the PL. That’s very clear, and it’s also very clear he was nowhere near good enough at United. One of the reasons was his appalling attitude. He seems to have had a kick up the arse and got his act together. Even with a better attitude he’s not good enough.

he will always score some goals. But that’s not enough at a top club. The idea of him being the main striker at city is laughable.

thats not hating. It’s having an opinion and analysing his time at our club.

Jaxa

If he does return to Chelsea i can just see him scoring a bag of goals,

Easily 20+ a season , matured as a player also and entering his peak, he will still have the same old Lukaku traits but under Tuchel I feel he will be lethal.

Not particularly jealous as he was never right for us and I would prefer they got Lukaku to Haaland but I just feel he'd smash it there right now.

Tony247

The guy has massive attitude problem. Never saw him a team player. Add that to his bad touch and lack of movement in tightly defended areas. Good for him if he is bagging goals in seria a. It is more of a reflection on how poor seria a has been.

Hoof the ball

Not a chance. Pep rejected Zlatan not because he was a target man, but because he wouldn't press. Lukaku definitely won't press. The one target man who did press under him was Lewa.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am still bemused by Ole's decision to push Lukaku out. That was really stupid decision.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Even Mourinho started to drop him and he was Jose's pet.

He was terrible here. There is no doubt about it. Stats and performances were terrible.

Ole was correctly dropping him too. Lukaku is a big baby and couldn't take it.

Great scorer, average player if he's not in the right system.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The guy has massive attitude problem. Never saw him a team player. Add that to his bad touch and lack of movement in tightly defended areas. Good for him if he is bagging goals in seria a. It is more of a reflection on how poor seria a has been.
That argument about Seria A will never die here, isn't it? Ok, so Lukaku's goals in Seria A are meh. But you want Haaland and Sancho, right? From even weaker league with much much weaker defences.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I'm bemused by you saying something that you very well know isn't true.
What there is not true? Ole pushed him through the door. He wanted to make from Rashford new no9. So Lukaku had option to be in rotation or to push for transfer in Inter where he will be first option.

C'est Moi Cantona

Lukaku looks good where he is, out of sight and rarely watched.

Folr all he'd score a few, if we had him back the endless arm waving, clapping, an bad touches would soon grate again, I'd love City or Chelsea to buy him as their main signing this season.

Halftrack

What there is not true? Ole pushed him through the door. He wanted to make from Rashford new no9. So Lukaku had option to be in rotation or to push for transfer in Inter where he will be first option.
Seems weird, given that he rarely uses Rashford as a 9.

Lukaku wasn't pushed out, he was told that he wouldn't be first choice for the striker spot. Entirely fair, given Lukaku's general level of performance for us under both Mourinho and Ole, and the way Ole wanted to play. Lukaku's hold up play used to be atrocious (he's improved a bit since, now he's merely bad at it) and his touch is awful. If you want to play with quick transitions, the last thing you want is a player with a poor touch, because that'll kill your transitions.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Lukaku would be great at Chelsea. But at City? There's no way Pep would change his style to suit him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Seems weird, given that he rarely uses Rashford as a 9.

Lukaku wasn't pushed out, he was told that he wouldn't be first choice for the striker spot. Entirely fair, given Lukaku's general level of performance for us under both Mourinho and Ole, and the way Ole wanted to play. Lukaku's hold up play used to be atrocious (he's improved a bit since, now he's merely bad at it) and his touch is awful. If you want to play with quick transitions, the last thing you want is a player with a poor touch, because that'll kill your transitions.
First half season and at start of next season Rashford was no9. Ole said many times back then how Rashford can be excellent striker etc..
About "pushed out". When i say "pushed out" i don't mean that Ole didn't wanted him in squad. But as we are both saying, Ole told him that he will not be first choice. And when you tell that to "star" player, he will want to leave somewhere where he will be no1. Same thing is now with DDG and was with Pogba under Jose.

And i am sorry but that thing about quick transition is just funny. Lukaku proved himself under Conte who plays same style as Ole. Quick transition and counter attacks. Plus he scores goals for Belgium which plays full attacking football. So he delivers in both systems.

Oranges038

I am still bemused by Ole's decision to push Lukaku out. That was really stupid decision.

Lukaku wanted to leave. He even admitted he thought about leaving from day one at the club. He also said Ole wanted him to stay. But in the end he was happy to let him go because he knew he wasn't invested in being a success at the club.

Most Utd fans were happy to see the back of him too.

Halftrack

First half season and at start of next season Rashford was no9. Ole said many times back then how Rashford can be excellent striker etc..
About "pushed out". When i say "pushed out" i don't mean that Ole didn't wanted him in squad. But as we are both saying, Ole told him that he will not be first choice. And when you tell that to "star" player, he will want to leave somewhere where he will be no1. Same thing is now with DDG and was with Pogba under Jose.

And i am sorry but that thing about quick transition is just funny. Lukaku proved himself under Conte who plays same style as Ole. Quick transition and counter attacks. Plus he scores goals for Belgium which plays full attacking football. So he delivers in both systems.
Martial was struggling a bit with his fitness, picking up several small injuries during those first months. Lukaku was out of shape and was having a shit season, so Rashford was the natural choice to play up top. In the 19-20 season, Martial was the first choice 9 from the word go. The only times Marcus played up front that season were when Martial was injured.

Conte and Ole definitely don't have the same style. There might be superficial similarities, but their tactics and approaches are completely different.
Lukaku wanted to leave. He even admitted he thought about leaving from day one at the club. He also said Ole wanted him to stay. But in the end he was happy to let him go because he knew he wasn't invested in being a success at the club.

Most Utd fans were happy to see the back of him too.
Him spending an entire season grossly out of shape didn't help either. He was lazy and unprofessional, and I remember there being leaks about a coach or coaches saying they'd never seen a bigger gap between a player's view of his own ability and his actual ability. Meaning Lukaku thought himself much better than he was, which would go a long way in explaining why he was so lazy and didn't do anything to shed the bulk that was clearly hindering him.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I've no beef with Lukaku, but anyone who watched how he simply didn't fit in here and still longs for him and misses him is honestly a bit strange to me. We're both equally better off apart.

Oranges038

Martial was struggling a bit with his fitness, picking up several small injuries during those first months. Lukaku was out of shape and was having a shit season, so Rashford was the natural choice to play up top. In the 19-20 season, Martial was the first choice 9 from the word go. The only times Marcus played up front that season were when Martial was injured.

Conte and Ole definitely don't have the same style. There might be superficial similarities, but their tactics and approaches are completely different.

Him spending an entire season grossly out of shape didn't help either. He was lazy and unprofessional, and I remember there being leaks about a coach or coaches saying they'd never seen a bigger gap between a player's view of his own ability and his actual ability. Meaning Lukaku thought himself much better than he was, which would go a long way in explaining why he was so lazy and didn't do anything to shed the bulk that was clearly hindering him.
Ah now, come on, his bulk was caused by that digestive system problem affecting his weight and fitness, it had apparently stopped working. Inter's club doctors had him fixed in a week. Definitely not caused by being lazy and unprofessional.