Lukaku to Chelsea? €100m bid + player rejected

pixel

Apologies if this has been asked before. But I was wondering how much Inter would end up paying United for Lukaku? We sold him for around 75M but those payments would have been staggered over a certain number of years. In cases like these, where Inter is now selling Lukaku on before the earlier fee has been fully paid out, do they still pay United the entire transfer fee? I guess they would, but just wanted to confirm that is the case.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Apologies if this has been asked before. But I was wondering how much Inter would end up paying United for Lukaku? We sold him for around 75M but those payments would have been staggered over a certain number of years. In cases like these, where Inter is now selling Lukaku on before the earlier fee has been fully paid out, do they still pay United the entire transfer fee? I guess they would, but just wanted to confirm that is the case.
There won't be any change in the payment structure that Inter agreed with us. Only change is we will get around 5 million due to the sell on clause.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
There won't be any change in the payment structure that Inter agreed with us. Only change is we will get around 5 million due to the sell on clause.
Think there was supposedly 47 million left to pay... presumably over the next 3 seasons

So perhaps 52 million now over the next 3 seasons? ... better hope inter sell some more players or we won't see most of that!

Inter are not far behind Barca

https://sempreinter.com/2021/03/30/...wing-covid-19-crisis-italian-media-highlight/

TheRedHearted

For anyone who watched him at Inter, how has he improved so much? Is it possible his numbers are better just cause he’s in Italy?

Woodzy

For anyone who watched him at Inter, how has he improved so much? Is it possible his numbers are better just cause he’s in Italy?
He got himself into better shape, along with some renewed confidence and some better players around him than what we had 3 years ago.

Eugenius

He takes penalties and plays in Serie A.

And is not two stone overweight like his final season here.

That's about it.

TheRedHearted

He got himself into better shape, along with some renewed confidence and some better players around him than what we had 3 years ago.
He takes penalties and plays in Serie A.

And is not two stone overweight like his final season here.

That's about it.
So then he might struggle in the premier league just the same. Although the Chelsea team is undoubtedly better than the support he had at United.

tomaldinho1

So then he might struggle in the premier league just the same. Although the Chelsea team is undoubtedly better than the support he had at United.
At United he lived of long direct balls and scraps, people see his size and just assume he's a target man but his touch is way too inconsistent and he's average aerially for his size. Where he's great is around the box and his finishing is very good - particularly coming in onto his left - so I actually think he'll do well for them because he'll see a lot of the ball into feet as well as running off the shoulder and, importantly, seems much lighter/fitter since Inter supposedly sorted his digestion issue.

Lee565

Conte used him to his strengths rather than how Mourinho tried to make him Drogba 2.0 as a target man

jem

To be honest that united team Lukaku was played with,certainly the worst team in almost three decades. Were among the laughing stocks in the league.

With Mourinho tried to convert Lukaku into target man which is not his strength despite his size.

It didn't worked out for him at united but he did better than average for united compared to martial and Pogba who is still stealing the living from united.
A laughing stock is a bit over-the-top - we won the Europa league the season before Lukaku arrived and finished second in his first season. That team was much better than the shambles that was on display week-after-week with Moyes. And I think Martial's season in 2019-20 was better than anything Lukaku did for us.

United in sin

A laughing stock is a bit over-the-top - we won the Europa league the season before Lukaku arrived and finished second in his first season. That team was much better than the shambles that was on display week-after-week with Moyes. And I think Martial's season in 2019-20 was better than anything Lukaku did for us.
Lukaku's two goals against PSG sealed the job for Solskjaer. That still arguably stands as our most famous win post Fergie

TheReligion

Abusive
To be honest that united team Lukaku was played with,certainly the worst team in almost three decades. Were among the laughing stocks in the league.

With Mourinho tried to convert Lukaku into target man which is not his strength despite his size.

It didn't worked out for him at united but he did better than average for united compared to martial and Pogba who is still stealing the living from united.
United finished second in his first season. If that's a laughing stock not sure what it makes the rest of the teams below..

Bondi77

Apparently he does not score against teams with a good defence so we should be sweet with our new one. It will be interesting watching him paired with Werner if that is the way they are going to play but I can only see him scoring against the lower teams and he won’t be taking penalties over Jorginho.
I cannot see him being a good FPL pick.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolutely we won't. Chelsea might.
We would, it’s just that a good enough offer for United is beyond what anyone in world football would pay. I think we would turn our nose up at £300m if offered it.

vanrooney

lukaku is a top goal scorer - and he will score at least 20-25 for chelsea. that said he has a really bad ball control for a professional footballer, but if the team around him is good enough that wont matter. i am glad that we got rid of him cause i dont want us to play with such type of players but he will be good for chelsea nevertheless

Bwuk

He’ll bang goals in for Chelsea. It’s a lot of £££ but I think he’ll fire them a lot closer to the title.

cyberman

If a good enough offer came in, you'd sell Sancho. If a good enough offer came in, Chelsea would sell Mount.
Mount is a youth product so you would sell him for 10m with a buy back clause.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
£500 million and you'd not sell? Of course you would and not a single fan would complain.
Yes because 500 million is stupid money. Its about market worth and Jadon is an acquired asset anyways so you can do a profit/loss comparison of him. The point that you were trying to obfuscate was United and Chelsea are somehow similarly likely to sell Mount and Sancho for similar amounts of money is false. That you're having to pull outrageous never-going-to-happen numbers out of your rectum to justify that possibility is just more of the same.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yes because 500 million is stupid money. Its about market worth and Jadon is an acquired asset anyways so you can do a profit/loss comparison of him. The point that you were trying to obfuscate was United and Chelsea are somehow similarly likely to sell Mount and Sancho for similar amounts of money is false. That you're having to pull outrageous never-going-to-happen numbers out of your rectum to justify that possibility is just more of the same.
My point was that every player is for sale at the right price, it's a pretty simple one.

I don't give a shit about Mount or Sancho being worth more. Ok certainly didn't mention "similar money" so i don't know why you "pulled that out of you rectum (to borrow your charming phrase).

You seem to be looking to argue againt a point I never made.