Lukaku to Chelsea? €100m bid + player rejected

Chief123

Please Chelsea get this over the line and eliminate yourselves from the Haaland race!

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Wonder how Werner is feeling right now.
I would assume relieved. He always failed being the sole striker. He has to have a 2 striker system playing for him so he can play as an SS. This is how Leipzig got him firing. He has always failed as a single striker, best utilized with a partner.

flappyjay

I would assume relieved. He always failed being the sole striker. He has to have a 2 striker system playing for him so he can play as an SS. This is how Leipzig got him firing. He has always failed as a single striker, best utilized with a partner.
Maybe it will relief him of some pressure in front of goal if Lukaku is the one seen as the main man. He did everything right except the scoring part. He was missing absolute sitters last season.

Patchbeard

But isn't he best used with a more fluid striker rather than someone who will just occupy the space he's trying to run into... we've all seen how Rashford has been more threatening and scored more from the left since Lukaku was sold.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
But isn't he best used with a more fluid striker rather than someone who will just occupy the space he's trying to run into... we've all seen how Rashford has been more threatening and scored more from the left since Lukaku was sold.
Actually no. He is better utilized with a Target man who can make runs to finish off chances from Werners runs. If you watched Inter last season, Lautaro and Lukaku is the only blueprint you need to see how it will work for Werner. Conte did a great job unlocking Lukakus next level potential, especially improving him when it comes to playing with his back from goal.

The player who I believe will lose game time will be Pulisic.

Abraxas

Very good for Chelsea to get this over the line. I think one thing Tuchel has displayed is that he can be fairly pragmatic and isn't attached to any dogmatic ideas of relentless pressing football, a striker like Lukaku that occupies defenders and is an absolute guarantee to score goals makes sense. Particularly in the current market where striking options are in short supply. This makes them even more of a threat. It will probably give people like Havertz and Mount more space to work in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wonder how Werner is feeling right now.
Quite happy, I reckon. He’s more of a wide attacker/supplementary forward, whilst Lukaku is a main no.9 and just had 2 great seasons playing beside a supporting striker.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Breaking news on BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58130354

Chelsea are close to sealing a deal to re-sign striker Romelu Lukaku for £97.5m from Inter Milan.

Despite saying earlier in the summer he was happy to stay with the Italian champions, the 28-year-old Belgian reversed his stance this week and told Inter that he wanted to join Chelsea if the right offer was received.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Hopefully this goes through and psg get Messi.

Choo Choo, all aboard the haaland express bitches.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
What do you think about this @duffer?
£100 million for Lukaku sounds like a lot, but he is a good striker for a team like you who don't need him involved outside the box.

Sorry

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don't know why, seems irrational, but there is a different feel entirely to the transfer if it is less than £100m. No idea why I care about this sort of thing.

ShinjiNinja26

I seen on Twitter if this goes through then this guy has amassed nearly quarter of a billion euro in transfer fees over the years. That’s fecking crazy for someone who’s regularly labelled as a ‘donkey’ by many. :eek: :lol:

Bertie Wooster

Bugger. :(

A brilliant signing for Chelsea. One of the best #9's around and will guarantee them plenty of goals. I was disappointed when we sold him, even more so as he racked up the goals for Inter and Belgium, and even more so still now he's going to be banging in the goals for a league rival.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not sure why people are shocked by the price. He's a proven goalscorer at any level. There's only a few of those around these days.

JSArsenal

Lukaku has had a great career playing for some of the biggest clubs in football. I wonder if Atletico will be his next stop. This feels like a throwback to back in the day when the top strikers moved clubs every 2-3 seasons.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ridiculous amount of money.

Lukaku £100m
Havertz £76m
Werner £50m
Chilwell £50m
Pulisic £60m
Ziyech £35m

Pressure on for the title.

Brophs

The One and Only
Those Chelsea players had better get ready to have some misdirected passes clapped enthusiastically.