Lukaku To Discuss Future

POF

Lukaku was never a "clinical" finisher. He was the same at Everton, used to score boatloads then went on dry patches of 7-8 games without scoring. This season, he has regressed further due to his physical fitness not being up to par.

He is a powerful striker of the ball, but more often than not, he lacks the intelligence to aim properly and just strikes it straight at the GK. I think he himself admitted in an interview that he had this trait.
He himself admitted that he's too stupid to realise that he should aim to shoot to the side of the goalkeeper rather than straight at him?!

Saf94

Lukaku was never a "clinical" finisher. He was the same at Everton, used to score boatloads then went on dry patches of 7-8 games without scoring. This season, he has regressed further due to his physical fitness not being up to par.

He is a powerful striker of the ball, but more often than not, he lacks the intelligence to aim properly and just strikes it straight at the GK. I think he himself admitted in an interview that he had this trait.
The notion of a ‘clinical’ finisher is a fallacy in my opinion. Most strikers miss a ton of chances, Aguero would probably classify as the most clinical guy in the league and he misses some of the easiest chances it shocks you. Likewise Lacazette misses some sitters. The difference is these guys get enough chances that they put some away and no one remembers the misses.

If you ever blame a striker for not putting away chances but he only gets 1/2 clear ones a game that’s the fault of the team not the striker. Most strikers will have like a 20% success rate in attempts you can’t expect a guy to have one good chance and if he misses it then you blame him.

Our issue has always been we create dirt bad chances, City score a ton of tap ins because they move the ball so well and unsettle defences that they get into really good positions. City will have 30 attempts a game and score 3 well have 10 and score 1 and blame our strikers but City aren’t that much more ‘clinical’ than us

Greck

Tbf i think he fixed that. His attempts this season are well placed. Lukaku doesn't lack intelligence. That's just stereotyping. What he lacks is technical ability.

laughtersassassin

Tbf i think he fixed that. His attempts this season are well placed. Lukaku doesn't lack intelligence. That's just stereotyping. What he lacks is technical ability.
He lacks football intelligence too sometimes. But other times it can be very good, Seems inconsistent with it.

Greck

He lacks football intelligence too sometimes. But other times it can be very good, Seems inconsistent with it.
He's a smart player in my opinion. He almost always makes the right or smart pass i've come to realise. He's just a crap footballer. The reason I call it stereotyping is certain players have their every flaw attributed to a lack of intelligence. Guys like Sanchez and Shaw otoh don't get the same treatment though they are even less consistent with intelligent decisions.

PeteManic

IF he wasn't 6 ft whatever and as wide as he is tall, then he wouldn't be anywhere near any top 6 team.

MASSIVELY overrated. Send him off to Serie A.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
IF he wasn't 6 ft whatever and as wide as he is tall, then he wouldn't be anywhere near any top 6 team.

MASSIVELY overrated. Send him off to Serie A.
But he is and he is. He’s also scored nearly 187 career goals at the age of 25 which is 41 more than Rooney had scored at that age.

el3mel

But he is and he is. He’s also scored nearly 187 career goals at the age of 25 which is 41 more than Rooney had scored at that age.
Despite that anyone would choose a 25 years old Rooney ahead of him, no ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Despite that anyone would choose a 25 years old Rooney ahead of him, no ?
With hindsight I would as I don’t think Lukaku’s next 5 seasons can be much worse than Rooney’s 25-30. Without hindsight, of course not. My point is that despite being very poor in certain areas of his game, he has strengths that have got him this far and I think we need to do better to exploit those strengths. He needs a lot more consistent supply from in behind him.

el3mel

With hindsight I would as I don’t think Lukaku’s next 5 seasons can be much worse than Rooney’s 25-30. Without hindsight, of course not. My point is that despite being very poor in certain areas of his game, he has strengths that have got him this far and I think we need to do better to exploit those strengths. He needs a lot more consistent supply from in behind him.
With the current form of Lukaku and how his body has changed between his Everton days and United ones, I can actually see him taking a similar path and become a wash out player by 29-30.

Fosu-Mens

He's a smart player in my opinion. He almost always makes the right or smart pass i've come to realise. He's just a crap footballer. The reason I call it stereotyping is certain players have their every flaw attributed to a lack of intelligence. Guys like Sanchez and Shaw otoh don't get the same treatment though they are even less consistent with intelligent decisions.
Sanchez does not understand how to play as part of a team, or press, or anything team related. Give him the ball and he is on his own.
Lukakus problems that might be tied to lack of undertanding is his inability to position himself for long balls (always misjudged by some meters) and for crosses, and inability to use his strength against defenders (Suarez is the master of this).

He needs a less consistent supply of Greggs.

He’s unfit, and lazy. Football is such a competitive game now, and especially in the PL you can’t carry players like this.

Lukuku was never the most talented striker, but he had a desire to prove himself, to get better and to be at a big club, it was admirable. If he still had that, he would be a useful player for us.

Since he’s joined Utd that’s completely disappeared, none of that drive and determination is left. We just have a giant carcass of a man who can’t be bothered to put the effort in to be a Utd player. He’s quite frankly pathetic. The physical condition he’s in is an absolute disgrace.

Morpheus 7

Another rat that wants off the ship with no Champions League football. Too many that have achieved nothing wanted out. Rom is a good goalscorer but not suited as a United striker. We need a more mobile forward with a good touch. More than anything, we need a committed forward up top.

Steven-UK

I’m not a big fan of his, so I hope we’re able to offload him. Though I struggle to think of very good strikers out there who might be available.
Lukaku's replacement does not even have to be that good to provide more output than Lukaku does. The guy is so far out of his depth with top level football, it's frightening.