Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll See Out There!

I think we should have seen this coming from him, he's not got what it take at a massive club like United. Can anyone remember the game a few seasons ago, a ball got punted up field and he sort of ran for it, slowed down thinking it was going out and the crowd all groaned at him like - "na mate, we chase everything at United" I think even Gaz Nev mentioned it at the time that he had to learn very quickly that at United nothing is a lost cause.

fallengt

He didn't like the big dick joke in England. How would he feed if they throw bananas at him in Italy? It happened before.

tjb

:lol: say what now
Alright alright... I exaggerated. But i have always felt his bad first touch allowed people to turn on him quickly, despite the fact he still offered more of a contribution than some other members of our squad.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The problem is that people tend to overestimate the amount of goals that Lukaku scores, they base everything on that one season who is at the moment an outlier which was an obvious possibility since he scored 7 of his goals in two games.
Even though Rashford and Martial have big question marks over their heads, they are somehow close to Lukaku when it comes to goals and assists which is crazy when you consider that in Mourinho's system the attack was built around him.
Tbf under Mourinho the attack was built badly around him. If we've learned anything from the last couple of years it's that Lukaku isn't the target man Mourinho seemed determined to use him as, he just looks like one because of his build. One of the main problems of his time here really.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Tbf under Mourinho the attack was built badly around him. If we've learned anything from the last couple of years it's that Lukaku isn't the target man Mourinho seemed determined to use him as, he just looks like one because of his build. One of the main problems of his time here really.
I can't fathom why Mourinho sees him as a target man. I mean he's supposed to know Lukaku's strengths and weaknesses. Lukaku was a terrible target man for us.

Looking back, Zlatan's injury and subsequent departure was the death knell for Mourinho's United. He lost both his target man and a big dressing room personality.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I can't fathom why Mourinho sees him as a target man. I mean he's supposed to know Lukaku's strengths and weaknesses. Lukaku was a terrible target man for us.

Looking back, Zlatan's injury and subsequent departure was the death knell for Mourinho's United. He lost both his target man and a big dressing room personality.
Lukaku and Ole both seemed to realise that too. When Solskjaer came in Rom said:

"From the first day when I came back in, he did a total analysis of my game. I was really surprised but he helped me a lot and I am looking forward to keeping on working with him. He really wants me to face the goal because he knows that I am at my most dangerous when I do that, when I'm moving off the shoulder of the defender but also trying to stay on the move all the time."

Seems like Mourinho was literally the only person who thought Lukaku worked as a target man. To the point where he seemed delighted with his efforts. Bizarre.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which makes things even worse for the two other players that we mentioned, the attack was badly built and not around them. And the problem for Lukaku is that his movement, positioning and work rate limits his value as a poacher. If you take Milito as an example, he wasn't great from a technical standpoint and he wasn't a target man but he had movement, great positioning and great work rate that's how he compensated for his lack of goals and technique, you could say the same about Cavani who isn't the best when it comes to intricate play which limits his potential as a target man but he brings other things and he is always in the correct position to score.

The problems for Lukaku are bigger than some pretend because in order to make his flaws redundant he would have to be a +40 goals type of player. Some players don't need to score as much because they bring a lot of other things, like Firmino, Benzema or even the 2011-2012 version of Suarez. No one should build an attack around someone that will huff and puff on his way to score +20 goals and bring nothing else to the table, when you are in that region you need to allow your teammates to shine too.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He is not taking paycut. It's just 1 journalist getting mixed up with gross and net wages.

Inter are 5-6 million net wages to Dzeko, they will easily pay 7-8 million net for Lukaku.
I haven't seen any journalist talking about wages. I just doubt Inter will pay him anything like we do. There are different figures around everywhere, but most seem to agree that our total wage bill is significantly more than double Inter's, and that Lukaku himself is on something like £180-200k a week and is our fourth highest wage (possibly fifth after Martial's new deal). I doubt Inter match that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I haven't seen any journalist talking about wages. I just doubt Inter will pay him anything like we do. There are different figures around everywhere, but most seem to agree that our total wage bill is significantly more than double Inter's, and that Lukaku himself is on something like £180-200k a week and is our fourth highest wage (possibly fifth after Martial's new deal). I doubt Inter match that.
They can easily match that. Reports that he agreed 7.5 - 8 million wages net which is way higher than 200k per week gross wages

Johan07

All serie A wages are reported as Net wages.
I know. Like in Spain. But Lukaku does not have a wage yet, so source for this statement? I am just curious. We pay Lukaku 10m gross a year. In GBP should be added. And as another poster stated Inter does have half of our wage budget. That they would pay him upwards 15m gross per year seems funky to me. Even if its in EURO. Not saying you are wrong, just asking for a source.

JustAGuest

It's the type of overhaul I will be pleased to see this summer. If Rashford is Solskjaer's first choice, then letting Lukaku leave makes perfect sense, especially for a decent transfer sum.

roonster09

Scout
I know. Like in Spain. But Lukaku does not have a wage yet, so source for this statement? I am just curious. We pay Lukaku 10m gross a year. In GBP should be added. And as another poster stated Inter does have half of our wage budget. That they would pay him upwards 15m gross per year seems funky to me. Even if its in EURO. Not saying you are wrong, just asking for a source.
This is the source that started it all.
“There is also a big signing: most expensive one is going to be Federico Chiesa as it will take €70M and a salary that starts at €4M annually. If you count the expenses for the remaining years of Spalletti’s contract and those guaranteed to Conte in the very first year alone, the number reaches €200M. The last piece in the attack is linked to Icardi’s future with Lukaku as favorite. The United striker makes €12M net in England and in order to facilitate his move to Inter, he has agreed to spread his contract over several years, going down to €7.5M.”
https://www.fedenerazzurra.net/news...onte-competitive-team-for-scudetto-and-europe

Lukaku makes 12 million pounds gross going by football leaks, Serie A paper just changed gross to net and then reported Lukaku is taking pay cut as he has agreed 7.5 million.

As for Lukaku, he is discussing a five-year contract with Inter worth €7.5m per year plus bonuses.
https://www.football-italia.net/138283/perisic-plus-cash-lukaku-inter

Johan07

This is the source that started it all.

https://www.fedenerazzurra.net/news...onte-competitive-team-for-scudetto-and-europe

Lukaku makes 12 million pounds gross going by football leaks, Serie A paper just changed gross to net and then reported Lukaku is taking pay cut as he has agreed 7.5 million.

https://www.football-italia.net/138283/perisic-plus-cash-lukaku-inter
This is making me dizzy.
First of all. It does not say that Lukaku is making 12m gross at United in GBP. It says EURO, which would make it closer to 10m gross in GBP which is more in line which what Lukakus salary always is referred to = 200k GBP per week.
Then even if he has been offered 7,5m net per year, thats also being reported in EURO, which would make it around 6m GBP. Which is about what Lukaku is pocketing in United net.
So what I am seeing is that Inter seem to be willing to match his salary at United, nothing more.
Then there are the reports that Inter might not even be able to afford this because of their 40m FFP deficit and that if anything it requires them to sell Icardi. Think this might be a transfer that might take awhile.
That said, its too bad that journalists are not more detailed when comparing gross/net salaries and currencies.
But in summary, I dont think Lukaku will get higher wages at Inter if he does move. Matched maybe. IMO.

Darlington Padgett

This is a big mistake if we don't get a proven striker to replace him. Rashford is nowhere near a 20+ goals striker and even if he becomes one, he has 2 years left of contract and if the reports of him asking for 300k a week are true that's way too much for him.

roonster09

Scout
This is making me dizzy.
First of all. It does not say that Lukaku is making 12m gross at United in GBP. It says EURO, which would make it closer to 10m gross in GBP which is more in line which what Lukakus salary always is referred to = 200k GBP per week.
Then even if he has been offered 7,5m net per year, thats also being reported in EURO, which would make it around 6m GBP. Which is about what Lukaku is pocketing in United net.
So what I am seeing is that Inter seem to be willing to match his salary at United, nothing more.
Then there are the reports that Inter might not even be able to afford this because of their 40m FFP deficit and that if anything it requires them to sell Icardi. Think this might be a transfer that might take awhile.
That said, its too bad that journalists are not more detailed when comparing gross/net salaries and currencies.
But in summary, I dont think Lukaku will get higher wages at Inter if he does move. Matched maybe. IMO.
The Lukaku wages they incorrectly reported is including all the bonuses (Image rights + loyalty bonus), the reported agreed wages with Inter is 7.5 - 8 million basic wage and excluding bonuses.

I don't know whether Lukaku will get higher wages but for sure he didn't take pay cut.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
This is making me dizzy.
There are no FFP deficits for Inter, Inter is out from Settlement Agreement with Uefa and will be able to spend just like most of the european clubs.
Of course the thing that Inter need to sell Icardi first and then getting Lukaku its the truth, but its all logic. We'll see where the argentinian will end, United already rejected the swap with Lukaku.

Alfred Y

So, he will finally be on the end of Perisic crosses.
Belgium 16 games, 17 goals. MU 45 games, 15 goals.

Maybe Lukaku can do well if more meaningful supplies come into the penalty box next season?

Toad

Maybe Lukaku can do well if more meaningful supplies come into the penalty box next season?
He will most likely do well in a team with players that can cross. He can score goals but can’t control the ball, so as long as he stays in the box and hits the ball first time without trying to control it to feet he will probably score a few. As soon as he starts ‘controlling’ that ball to feet every team mate will fecking hate him.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

This is what? His last 16 games for Belgium?

I would still like to have a striker with far better link up play. And great thing that he basically said he wants out so we can play hardball with Inter. Good riddance.

onemanarmy

This is what? His last 16 games for Belgium?
Yeah, he has 48 goals in 81 games now, taking in consideration he made his debut when he was 17, pretty impressive numbers. Last 4 years for instance, 39 games played, 37 goals... He isn't RVN or Ronaldo, but he's far better than most people here acknowledge. There are about 8-10 players I'd like to leave before him.

SirAndrew

Yeah, he has 48 goals in 81 games now, taking in consideration he made his debut when he was 17, pretty impressive numbers. Last 4 years for instance, 39 games played, 37 goals... He isn't RVN or Ronaldo, but he's far better than most people here acknowledge. There are about 8-10 players I'd like to leave before him.
What opponents these goals were against? Cyprus, Gibraltar, Greece, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Costa Rica, Panama, Tunisia, Scotland, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Scotland. Out of these 48 he only scored 1 against Netherlands, 1 against Portugal and 2 against Switzerland. And he plays for one of the best national teams in Europe. Hardly convincing if you put it in context.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, I think he is a solid striker. I mean he is one of the rare ones we actually have interest. But his overall play isn't good enough and he wants to go. So...

doomy20

Belgium get far more goals out of him because he is better assisted and feeded. Lukaku often is a wasteful striker who needs a couple of chances to put one in. With the national team he is flanked by Hazard, De Bruyne and Co. and gets a shit-load of opportunities every game. With us he has to rely on support from clowns like Young and Lingard, who provide him with like 0.5 good crosses per game. I think if our overall forward quality on crosses and trough balls was better, Lukaku could easily be a 25+ goal man every season.

BarstoolProphet

Selling him would be a step in the right direction for the club, even if we don't replace him. It absolutely will not be a terrible decision, at worst it will be status quo.

I'm happy that he's still scoring for his country, it means atleast his market value won't decrease. One of the worst footballers I've seen at United, despite him being capable of scoring some goals from time to time.

Ban

Great, now we have to replace him or go into the season with Martial and Marcus as strikers and with winger positions depleted.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Selling him would be a step in the right direction for the club, even if we don't replace him. It absolutely will not be a terrible decision, at worst it will be status quo.

I'm happy that he's still scoring for his country, it means atleast his market value won't decrease. One of the worst footballers I've seen at United, despite him being capable of scoring some goals from time to time.
Yeah, people bemoan not having a style/system, he is a massive part of that. Getting rid of him and trying to buy someone that would fit the 4-3-3 system ole wants would be a huge step in the right direction.

Fer

Belgium get far more goals out of him because he is better assisted and feeded. Lukaku often is a wasteful striker who needs a couple of chances to put one in. With the national team he is flanked by Hazard, De Bruyne and Co. and gets a shit-load of opportunities every game. With us he has to rely on support from clowns like Young and Lingard, who provide him with like 0.5 good crosses per game. I think if our overall forward quality on crosses and trough balls was better, Lukaku could easily be a 25+ goal man every season.
Agreed.
He would score way more if we have players like Sancho. It's difficult for Lukaku to score headers when Young is the one who is crossing the ball.

LARulz

Not that I'm against it but this whole "personal details agreed" etc. Is tapping up right? For shits and giggles, can we not report Inter?

After they take him

redshaw

Thing is he scored 27 here without Sancho, KDB or Hazard. He scored 27 the season before with the same shite we had last season.

Axle17

I'm excited if this is true. Some players improve in performance with more responsibility and I think we will see this from Martial and Rashford.
Also we have the opportunity to bring in a new striker that can adapt to our build up play and potentially improve our goal scoring. Hopefully this happens quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.