Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

As bad/good as a player He might be, this is another case where We manage to lose a talent before even properly utilizing him. Making the player looks bad, decreasing his value and He'll do much better in another team.

We had no proper wingers and signed Lukaku. Baffling.

Denis' cuff

If he was English he would be adored , simple as that .

Irish, I presume?

Apart from your statement being utter bollocks, United are an English club so if you can’t deal with that, stick to the safety of all the Irish sports that nobody else is interested in and keep your racial shite to yourself.

Sooner this lump goes, (Lukaku obvs) the better. God knows what has happened between Everton and thinking United are beneath him. Fellaini got far more stick and was more effective and didn’t have the attitude of this oaf. Will never be a United player.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Just doesn't fit our current structure. Neither does Rashford for that matter and neither would Icardi. Martial does though so I'm hoping he leads the line in the new season. playing a flat 4-3-3 with a striker with little to no hold up play is
asking for trouble.

Cloud7

I'm surprisingly very impressed with Ole if he is showing Lukaku the door.

The first thing Klopp did in his summer transfer window was to flog Benteke who's stock was still relatively high at that time. It didn't matter that Sturridge had injury worries and his form was problematic. I didn't matter that he didn't get a centre forward signed. It didn't matter that on paper he'd weakened the CF position.

He moved Firmino central who was far more suited to his system and changed the shape to accommodate a more fluid style.

Irrespective of who we bring in getting rid of Lukaku needs to be a priority whilst his value is still decent. Whether we only have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood that can play centrally is somewhat secondary to having a clear identity and strategy in my view.
Agreed.

Cloud7

If he was English he would be adored , simple as that .
This forum really cracks me up at times. On one hand you have people saying things like this, if a player was English they would be adored, or saying that other players are only liked because they’re English.

Then on the other hand you have people saying that some English players would be rated higher if they weren’t English.

:lol:

Jinn

In my eyes Lukaku is a quiter (sp?). I would have more respect for him if he told Ole that he wants to stay and fight for he's place. Right now it seems that he's looking for a comfort zone. This comes down to not having the right mentality.

I never rated him anyway. Always thought that he never was good enough to be a Man Utd striker.

C'est Moi Cantona

In my eyes Lukaku is a quiter (sp?). I would have more respect for him if he told Ole that he wants to stay and fight for he's place. Right now it seems that he's looking for a comfort zone. This comes down to not having the right mentality.

I never rated him anyway. Always thought that he never was good enough to be a Man Utd striker.
I don't think he's a quitter, he probably looks at it and says I can score goals, and lets be fair he could easily get 25 + for us with better service, but that's clearly not enough for Ole, and he doesn't like it, he probably doesn't want to, or knows he's not capable of improving his overall game, so understandably wants out.

The danger for Lukaku is that he's made his feelings clear now, and there has to be a good chance Inter won't pay what we want, so he could end up stuck here having to put a cheerful face on.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't think he's a quitter, he probably looks at it and says I can score goals, and lets be fair he could easily get 25 + for us with better service, but that's clearly not enough for Ole, and he doesn't like it, he probably doesn't want to, or knows he's not capable of improving his overall game, so understandably wants out.

The danger for Lukaku is that he's made his feelings clear now, and there has to be a good chance Inter won't pay what we want, so he could end up stuck here having to put a cheerful face on.
That's not fair though, because that's not where his average is in the league and better service is function of better runs and positioning. The attacker is as important as the passer.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Will get a shed load of goals anywhere he gets service and especially in teams with width and crosses from wingers.

Doubt Mourinho would have wanted him if he knew his requests for Perisic or a right winger were going to be blocked in favour of “ our pele”, but under Woodward we do things by half with no long term vision.

Probably unhappy to be a long term bench warmer behind Rashford so no hard feelings if he leaves for a decent fee, since we arent going to play in a style that suits him anyway. Move on and replace with a more mobile striker.

Last edited by a moderator:

C'est Moi Cantona

That's not fair though, because that's not where his average is in the league and better service is function of better runs and positioning. The attacker is as important as the passer.
Tbf he has scored 25 + in three of the last four seasons (all comps), and averages better than one on two for Belgium, my point is he probably looks at himself and thinks I'm a top class goal scorer, and I have no interest/can't improve my overall game, so I'll leave and go somewhere I'm appreciated, there is no doubt he'll score loads for Inter if he goes there.

I'm not saying he's right, just that I don't think he's a quitter, he is what he is, and that's not right for us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tbf he has scored 25 + in three of the last four seasons (all comps), and averages better than one on two for Belgium, my point is he probably looks at himself and thinks I'm a top class goal scorer, and I have no interest/can't improve my overall game, so I'll leave and go somewhere I'm appreciated, there is no doubt he'll score loads for Inter if he goes there.

I'm not saying he's right, just that I don't think he's a quitter, he is what he is, and that's not right for us.
+25 goals in all competitions isn't good when you are talking about a +70m striker that only provide goals, it's even worse when you consider the teams he scores against and how he does it. That's why I talked about the league because everyone plays the same teams, the same amount of time and in that environment Lukaku is an above average striker at best. Now, I wouldn't call him a quitter but at some point people will have to accept what he is which was already pointed out by many when he was at Everton.

And yes, he most likely thinks that he is better than he actually has been.

Bestietom

Think Lukaku has proved he can score goals with the right service. We failed to give him that service.

Jinn

Yeah, that's a quitter for me.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We should never let Inter having this easy after what they did on Perisic. Conte wants Lukaku so badly then we need to squeeze it.

£80m or Škriniar plus £40m.

Nothing else. No Icardi, last thing we want is add more attitude problem in our squad.

flappyjay

We should never let Inter having this easy after what they did on Perisic. Conte wants Lukaku so badly then we need to squeeze it.

Exactly, we don't need sell Lukaku but we will do it if we retain what we spent. They set the price and wouldn't negotiate, we should do the same too. Pay what we want or feck off. Looks like Conte was promised Lukaku at Inter and Zidane promised Pogba by Perez.

haram

I'm surprisingly very impressed with Ole if he is showing Lukaku the door.

The first thing Klopp did in his summer transfer window was to flog Benteke who's stock was still relatively high at that time. It didn't matter that Sturridge had injury worries and his form was problematic. I didn't matter that he didn't get a centre forward signed. It didn't matter that on paper he'd weakened the CF position.

He moved Firmino central who was far more suited to his system and changed the shape to accommodate a more fluid style.

Irrespective of who we bring in getting rid of Lukaku needs to be a priority whilst his value is still decent. Whether we only have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood that can play centrally is somewhat secondary to having a clear identity and strategy in my view.
Lukaku is and was much better than Benteke. No comparison.

Houdini

Nothing else. No Icardi, last thing we want is add more attitude problem in our squad.
I would take even a straight swap for Škriniar.

el3mel

I have no problem with him leaving but we will probably offload him to give "Rashy" more security as our main striker which will be a terrible business. Unless we replace him with a better and top class striker this deal won't be good.

hobbers

Would happily offer Lukaku + £30m for Skriniar at this point, with the way other CB targets are priced up.

Giggsyking

“I think [Lukaku to Inter] will get done in the end,” Bandini told ESPN FC.
“But I have some serious questions at the moment about how Inter are going to make it happen.
“Inter certainly don’t have €75m to throw around as things stand.
“Now they do have some valuable assets that they might be able to move.

Litch

Goal machine if played in the right way, a complete liability if you don't. I must admit that if he is sold, I do wonder where the goals are going to come from. Might only score against the teams out the top 5 but 15-20 goals is a lot to make up as I'm not convinced that Martial or Rashford will consistently give you the numbers. Ole has to work out how to get the best out of him.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Goal machine if played in the right way, a complete liability if you don't. I must admit that if he is sold, I do wonder where the goals are going to come from. Might only score against the teams out the top 5 but 15-20 goals is a lot to make up as I'm not convinced that Martial or Rashford will consistently give you the numbers. Ole has to work out how to get the best out of him.
My thoughts too. It's disappointing how it's all played out...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Surely he’s worth more than a centre back. £45m plus Skriniar.
I think they'd laugh at us tbh. I'd take 30m, Inter don't have a lot of cash lying around and it saves us spunking 70, 80, 90 million on Maguire.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think they'd laugh at us tbh. I'd take 30m, Inter don't have a lot of cash lying around and it saves us spunking 70, 80, 90 million on Maguire.
They can laugh but if they can’t meet Conte’s demand especially being a main target, the board will be under pressure.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They can laugh but if they can’t meet Conte’s demand especially being a main target, the board will be under pressure.
I'd be happy if we got that, but they probably value Skriniar around the 50m mark. The asking price for Lukaku seems to be around £75m, so I just can't see the cash amount being that high.

marko goalo

If Inter do take him off our hands I hope to god he doesn't become a goal machine in case some idiotic cash rich club go and buy him back

marko goalo

Lukaku is and was much better than Benteke. No comparison.
Really?? Personally I don't see much between the two from an ability perspective other than Benteke used to win his aerial battles and had in his locker the technique to execute a scissor kick, Something I would love to see Lukaku try just for the giggles. And before you throw out the stats just bear in mind Benteke played for a relegation fodder Villa where service was poor but he still managed over 1 in 2 and averaged 1 in 3 for Liverpool. Since then he's had injury problems so it's difficult to assess his Palace form. So like for like I don't see much to differentiate

haram

Really?? Personally I don't see much between the two from an ability perspective other than Benteke used to win his aerial battles and had in his locker the technique to execute a scissor kick, Something I would love to see Lukaku try just for the giggles. And before you throw out the stats just bear in mind Benteke played for a relegation fodder Villa where service was poor but he still managed over 1 in 2 and averaged 1 in 3 for Liverpool. Since then he's had injury problems so it's difficult to assess his Palace form. So like for like I don't see much to differentiate
Honestly I am not going to bother with this. Lukaku is undisputed number 1 for Belgium and Benteke can barely get a goal at Palace. If you cannot see the difference then you don't understand strikers period. Goodbye.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I can remember more chances he’s missed for us than ones he’s scored for us. Unfortunately to him, it’s misses in games we’ve dropped points in too.

He can go. He scores when he’s fed on a plate. We need a striker who can create as well.

marko goalo

Honestly I am not going to bother with this. Lukaku is undisputed number 1 for Belgium and Benteke can barely get a goal at Palace. If you cannot see the difference then you don't understand strikers period. Goodbye.
You berate anyone who slags off Lukaku and yet you're doing the same with Benteke. Out of interest have you ever played football to any decent standard in your life?? The reason Lukaku gets so much stick is because of his lack of the most basic of qualities and it's this that frustrates me and everyone else who dares diss your beloved player. Benteke would have similar numbers as Lukaku had he been here of that i'm sure

Status
Not open for further replies.