Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

I believe the 5-10 million area was the price Inter disagreed with on our valuation of Persic a few years back, can't blame United if the club wants to hold out for another 5 million. Payback :devil: Seriously though i'd rather this was sorted sooner rather than later.

zenith

We can demand a similar sum for him next year as well. No point getting short changed by inter and leaving y ourselves a striker short with not enough time for a replacement

roseguy64

The thing people aren't getting is that we're not actively selling him. He's the one who wants to leave. Same as with Maguire for Leicester. But they're not matching the price we've put on him so he's not getting sold. Counting on the player to be professional if the move doesn't go through and also protecting ourselves for the future.

Like with Pogba, we're setting the precedents for players we're not actively trying to sell. If you want the player then you have to meet the price. If Leicester can do it then we can also.

Cliche Guevara

We can demand a similar sum for him next year as well. No point getting short changed by inter and leaving y ourselves a striker short with not enough time for a replacement
I was having a think about this earlier today and I really don’t think we can.

If only Inter are interested this year, what’s a season on the bench only scoring half a dozen goals going to do for his value?

Patrick08

Why do you want Inter to be "smart"?
I want us to be smart, our forward line is inconsistent and he should only leave when we find an adequate replacement. He is still a striker who can score 20plus goals in a season in a proper creative team behind him. Cafe's view of him being completely useless is not true in my opinion. We have our own goals to full fill next season.

DoomSlayer

I want us to be smart, our forward line is inconsistent and he should only leave when we find an adequate replacement. He is still a striker who can score 20plus goals in a season in a proper creative team behind him. Cafe's view of him being completely useless is not true in my opinion. We have our own goals to full fill next season.
What part of Lukaku not wanting to stay here and fight for a place don't you understand?

Him and his agent couldn't be more clear, seems Ole knows and sees his attitude about it so hasn't even put him on the bench for the friendlies. I'm sure tha manager would love to have him as an option but Lukaku sees himself as an undisputed part of the first 11 and wants the team to be build around his poaching ability.

Not going to happen here, it's obvious by now.

The thing people aren't getting is that we're not actively selling him. He's the one who wants to leave. Same as with Maguire for Leicester.
This just isint true, of course we want rid of him, we are just being subtle and respectful about it. It’s a good approach, unlike Inter with Icardi. Ultimately if Inter don’t buy him, there’s no one else who would, so we are stuck with him - but it’s clear he’s both not good enough for Utd and not in OGS’ plans.

Patrick08

What part of Lukaku not wanting to stay here and fight for a place don't you understand?

Him and his agent couldn't be more clear, seems Ole knows and sees his attitude about it so hasn't even put him on the bench for the friendlies. I'm sure tha manager would love to have him as an option but Lukaku sees himself as an undisputed part of the first 11 and wants the team to be build around his poaching ability.

But then he needs to be replaced, which i don't think is happening this season to be honest, His chances to move Next season won't be finished and we will still get the money for Him if he has a decent season which I think will happen with James and more creative players behind him to feed him.

Who knows next season the Likes of Chelsea might be interested? The price won't fall away.

Also inter being our Europa league rivals and selling him to them without adequately replacing him doesn't look too good of a proposition to me.

Also he is really unfit by the way, he sits out in training too.

Last edited:

joedirt87

cant wait for 2 seasons from now when we give a bit time Lukaku a contract extension because no one else will meet the clubs evaluation.

I expect one more offer from Inter but if that offer still isn't suffice then we have to hope Lukaku gets his act together and fights for a spot in the team.
Him downing tools isn't what he or we need at this point.

haram

Lukaku was the one who reported early for pre season. I don't get people trying to question his attitude.

Mr. Ant

If he wants to go just sell him, he's not even worth more than 60 mil and just doesn't fit into the way Ole wants us to play.

DoomSlayer

Lukaku was the one who reported early for pre season. I don't get people trying to question his attitude.
He was by far one of the laziest players last season and is unfit as feck. Only Martial had as low numbers as him in terms of distance covered, but still above Lukaku's by a bit.

Doing an early pre-season benefits his supposed new club as he would be ready to slot in much quicker. Conte would have been up his ass to get in shape, the Italian doesn't appreciate slackers.

haram

He was by far one of the laziest players last season and is unfit as feck. Only Martial had as low numbers as him in terms of distance covered, but still above Lukaku's by a bit.

Doing an early pre-season benefits his supposed new club as he would be ready to slot in much quicker. Conte would have been up his ass to get in shape, the Italian doesn't appreciate slackers.
Pretty sure Martial covered less distance.

If that’s how you want to twist it, then ok.

Kag

People are questioning his fitness, too. And they’re right to do that. His stamina is laughably bad, evidenced consistently throughout the last year.

Litch

Glad if he stays as despite all his failings, he scores goals. We need to work out how we get the best out of him and stop trying to make him into something he is not. It not every game that high press will work and there will be games when teams play deep, you'll need the presence in the box to get on the end of crosses.

-Supreme-

Reports that weve rejected their latest bid. They just cant afford him it seems
Let's not forget they tried to rince us for Perisic so I don't think it's down to affordability

I wouldn't even give them a chance to think they could get Lukaku on the cheap and we need to be tough especially with the Italian teams

haram

Is this a lie too? Check a bit further in the article for detailed stats about distance covered - 278th in the whole PL. :houllier:
If 278th makes him 4th worst I apologise. If not, you are wrong. Also Martial did cover less distance so you’re wrong there.

Red_toad

Looks very much like Inter simply cannot afford Lukaku. Unless they've some player we'd possibly be interested in a a make weight in any deal, I just don't see it happening. Conte is going to do his not about it, as looks like he was promised significant funds and really does need a goal scorer.
I shall watch friendly with interest to see if they possibly have an outstanding player in a position we need....

rotherham_red

Looks very much like Inter simply cannot afford Lukaku. Unless they've some player we'd possibly be interested in a a make weight in any deal, I just don't see it happening. Conte is going to do his not about it, as looks like he was promised significant funds and really does need a goal scorer.
I shall watch friendly with interest to see if they possibly have an outstanding player in a position we need....
I'd take Skriniar from them in a heartbeat in fact I'd give them Lukaku and £10-15m on top for him easily.

Jonty

Glad to see the bid rejected, if we sell on the cheap now it will set a precedent for Real to lowball for Pogba. If Lukaku stays he will still be a good option from the bench

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Joke of an offer that. Pay up or shut up. Your manager has essentially said you need Lukaku, whats the point of offers like that at this stage of the window?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel

Yes and the same can be said for Pogba and his agent. Difference is, Lukaku has an active bid for him. If Madrid bid for Pogba then pogba would not be playing either. Pogba has been more vocal about leaving than lukaku. Yet lukaku returns early to gain fitness, whether or not its for his new team or us it will benefit either or.

If he isn't professional about the whole thing then his hopes of leaving next season fall further. Having a bad season and stropping won't help him

Status
Not open for further replies.